Author Topic: What movies are you watching?  (Read 533226 times)

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
Re: What movies are you watching?
« Reply #2610 on: December 08, 2015, 01:33:25 AM »
Last night I watched The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly again.  Classic.
"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

That movie also had some of the best music.
Not all who wander are lost.

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Serbian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of New Gracanica
« Reply #2611 on: December 08, 2015, 10:37:24 AM »
"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

That movie also had some of the best music.

"When you have to shoot...Shoot!  Don't talk."

My favorite two songs were the ones back to back - running through the graveyard, and then the standoff.

I enjoy it too. I've been meaning to watch Fistful of Dollars again

If I ever had an evening with enough time I'd watch Fistful of Dollars and Yojimbo back to back.

My favorite Western is still The Outlaw Josey Wales.  Lots of good lines in that movie.  Though next I might watch They Call Me Trinity.
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
« Reply #2612 on: December 08, 2015, 11:01:34 AM »
My favorite of the "Man with No Name" series is For a Few Dollars More. Of the Leone films, Once Upon a Time in the West is probably my favorite overall.

Some lesser known Spaghetti westerns that are worth your time:

A Bullet for the General AKA ?Quien Sabe?

Companeros

The Great Silence (Klaus Kinski plays the villain; the English dubbing is unfortunate but the movie is still great)

The original Django!
“A goose to hatch the Crystal Egg after an Eagle had half-hatched it! Aye, aye, to be sure, that’s right,” said the Old Woman of Beare. “And now you must go find out what happened to it. Go now, and when you come back I will give you your name.”
- from The King of Ireland's Son, by Padraic Colum

Offline LenInSebastopol

• Dimly Illumined
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #2613 on: December 13, 2015, 09:54:28 AM »
My favorite of the "Man with No Name" series is For a Few Dollars More. Of the Leone films, Once Upon a Time in the West is probably my favorite overall.

Some lesser known Spaghetti westerns that are worth your time:

A Bullet for the General AKA ?Quien Sabe?

Companeros

The Great Silence (Klaus Kinski plays the villain; the English dubbing is unfortunate but the movie is still great)

The original Django!

Enjoyed Pale Rider recently....another look at Christ is always refreshing, no?
OK, OK, so it wasn't Leone's work...still fun.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 09:58:56 AM by LenInSebastopol »
God is The Creator of All Free Beings

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • Trolling Babylon 24/7, without apology!
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
  • Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo
« Reply #2614 on: December 14, 2015, 02:55:49 AM »
Just saw Spotlight at the theater. It got wonderful reviews, but I was disappointed. As much as I like slow, character driven dramas, this one was just way too slow and lacked any memorable or climactic scenes. It wasn't a bad movie, it was just underwhelming. I would recommend skipping this one in the theater. But it's worth watching if it comes out on Netflix later on.

I plan on taking the wife to see Brooklyn sometime this week. This one has also received great reviews. Hope I won't be disappointed again.

And, yeah, as crazy as it sounds, I actually plan on taking my sons to see Creed. I know the movie will be predictable on every level, but it too has received great reviews. So we're gonna give it a shot.

This is the first time in about a year that there's been anything of interest to me in the theaters. Spotlight was disappointing, but I'll let you know what I think about Brooklyn and Creed.

As much as I love Spike Lee (as a director), I decided to pass on Chi-Raq. It just sounds too horrible to risk wasting money on. If it comes out on Netflix I'll see if I can watch it all the way through. I'm sure there's some intriguing stuff in there, as always with Spike. But it sounds like the movie is pretty awful.

Selam
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 02:56:56 AM by Gebre Menfes Kidus »
"Whether it’s the guillotine, the hangman’s noose, or reciprocal endeavors of militaristic horror, radical evil will never be recompensed with radical punishment. The only answer, the only remedy, and the only truly effective response to radical evil is radical love."
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +
http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/Products/SKU-000984270/Rebel-Song.aspx

Offline Avdima

• Elder
  • Faith: Seeking
  • Jurisdiction: Caliphate of The Overthere...
« Reply #2615 on: December 21, 2015, 10:01:47 PM »
Righteous Kill with  Al Pacino and Robert De Niro. Not a bad movie but with those great two actors it was a but of a let down. The plot device was well done but something in this film let me wanting.

• Merarches
« Reply #2616 on: December 22, 2015, 03:14:28 AM »
Just saw Spotlight at the theater. It got wonderful reviews, but I was disappointed. As much as I like slow, character driven dramas, this one was just way too slow and lacked any memorable or climactic scenes. It wasn't a bad movie, it was just underwhelming. I would recommend skipping this one in the theater. But it's worth watching if it comes out on Netflix later on.

I plan on taking the wife to see Brooklyn sometime this week. This one has also received great reviews. Hope I won't be disappointed again.

And, yeah, as crazy as it sounds, I actually plan on taking my sons to see Creed. I know the movie will be predictable on every level, but it too has received great reviews. So we're gonna give it a shot.

This is the first time in about a year that there's been anything of interest to me in the theaters. Spotlight was disappointing, but I'll let you know what I think about Brooklyn and Creed.

As much as I love Spike Lee (as a director), I decided to pass on Chi-Raq. It just sounds too horrible to risk wasting money on. If it comes out on Netflix I'll see if I can watch it all the way through. I'm sure there's some intriguing stuff in there, as always with Spike. But it sounds like the movie is pretty awful.

Selam

Took the boys to see Creed last night. Not very good.

Selam
"Whether it’s the guillotine, the hangman’s noose, or reciprocal endeavors of militaristic horror, radical evil will never be recompensed with radical punishment. The only answer, the only remedy, and the only truly effective response to radical evil is radical love."
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #2617 on: December 22, 2015, 10:02:11 AM »
Really? I'm surprised. The trailer looked pretty good and a good successor to the Rocky movies. Oh well.  :-\
God bless!

• Merarches
« Reply #2618 on: December 22, 2015, 10:29:35 AM »
Really? I'm surprised. The trailer looked pretty good and a good successor to the Rocky movies. Oh well.  :-\

Well, compared to all the absurdities subsequent to Rocky II, it was decent. But that's not exactly a high bar. I only went to see it because it received good reviews. It wasn't terrible, but it just wasn't very good. Stallone sort of salvaged it actually. The rest of the acting was pretty lame. The musical score was weird. One minute it wanted to be reminiscent of the original Rocky, the next it seemed to want to turn the entire movie into a hip hop video. I wouldn't waste money on seeing this in the theater. But it's worth watching on DVD if you're really into the genre. And just for the record, I think the original Rocky was one of the greatest movies ever made.

Selam
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #2619 on: December 26, 2015, 04:17:57 AM »
Titanic/Braveheart/Gladiator

THE LAST SAMURAI
"The business of the Christian is nothing else than to be ever preparing for death (μελεπᾷν ἀποθνήσκειν)."

— Saint Irenaeus of Lyons, Fragment XI

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • You don't need global warming to drown in books.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #2620 on: December 27, 2015, 04:10:53 PM »
A Muppet Christmas Carol. It's a bit of a family tradition.
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline Opus118

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #2621 on: December 27, 2015, 08:22:14 PM »
I watched Penelope (2006) with Christina Ricci. I liked it. I listened to it the first time while cooking and then watched it the next day (yesterday).
"Mi tío es enfermo, pero la carretera es verde!" - old Chilean saying

Offline scamandrius

• A man of many, many turns
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Greek Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: DOWAMA of AANA
« Reply #2622 on: December 27, 2015, 09:02:00 PM »
A Muppet Christmas Carol. It's a bit of a family tradition.

Of all the Christmas Carol versions out there, this is a pretty good one.
Da quod iubes et iube quod vis.

Offline christiane777

• Elder
  • and drinketh water of the raine of heauen
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: God
« Reply #2623 on: December 28, 2015, 06:40:47 PM »
I saw the The Tender Trap for the first time last night - Frank Sinatra and Debbie Reynolds, 1955.  Typical 50s musical that is actually pretty intelligent and interesting.  Don't want to go overboard here - it is not that great.  I intended to abandon it for something else, but didn't for some reason - it held my attention.  Good dialogue, storyline for what kind of movie it is.  Frank rocks, I'll give him that.
I was in the spirit on the Lords day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #2624 on: January 05, 2016, 02:24:27 PM »
Kingsman is officially the awesomest spy flick ever.
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #2625 on: January 08, 2016, 03:57:21 PM »
Watch The Book Thief. Bawl eyes out. Evening well spent.

Offline christiane777

• Elder
« Reply #2626 on: January 08, 2016, 04:42:56 PM »
Days of Wine and Roses - Jack Lemmon, Lee Remick, 1962.

Very intense story about a couple destroyed by alcoholism.  Great acting, dialogue.  The plot and some of the scenes are a little over the top dramawise (soap opera territory); I would not call it a great film, but it is a very gripping, good one.  I am afraid to have a drink.

What is funny is that I have seen it before and just thought it was the greatest - strange the way repeated viewings over time change your perspective on films.  I'll give it an A-.

I was in the spirit on the Lords day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

Offline Opus118

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #2627 on: January 09, 2016, 01:05:11 AM »

Very intense story about a couple destroyed by alcoholism.  Great acting, dialogue.  The plot and some of the scenes are a little over the top dramawise (soap opera territory); I would not call it a great film, but it is a very gripping, good one.  I am afraid to have a drink.

What is funny is that I have seen it before and just thought it was the greatest - strange the way repeated viewings over time change your perspective on films.  I'll give it an A-.

I give it an A+ for informing the clueless, nevertheless. I think our society changed because of this movie.

Offline LenInSebastopol

• Dimly Illumined
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #2628 on: January 09, 2016, 10:03:01 AM »
The Big Short...fair movie...wait for Netflix...more Democrats-with-camera flick.
The only one not even mentioned or 'blamed' for the problem is the real culprit: government regulations preceding & causing such shenanigans.

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
  • Je suis Janusz Korwin-Mikke
  • Faith: I'm a Vegan
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to ROCOR
« Reply #2629 on: January 09, 2016, 08:50:10 PM »
Not a movie but I've been watching first season of Walking Dead lately. I like it but being a wimpy old me it also freaks me out. Hate to sound like a yiayia but sometimes I wonder why people make and watch shows like that. Not condemning anyone though as I do it myself but just wondering.
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
Leviticus 19:34

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Taxiarches
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #2630 on: January 09, 2016, 09:07:57 PM »
Not a movie but I've been watching first season of Walking Dead lately. I like it but being a wimpy old me it also freaks me out. Hate to sound like a yiayia but sometimes I wonder why people make and watch shows like that. Not condemning anyone though as I do it myself but just wondering.

Consciously, it's because people like violence and peril (and screenwriters have no imagination).

Unconsciously, I think one can make the case that zombie stories are so compelling because the zombie hoard functions as a symbol of any number of real world fears- consumerism (why Dawn of the Dead takes place partially in a mall), immigration/other races, living a pointless life, etc.
Is that what they teach you at the temple volnutt-stein?

Actually, it's Volnutt-berg.

Rome doesn't care. Rome is actually very cool guy.

• Merarches
« Reply #2631 on: January 10, 2016, 03:52:38 AM »

I give it an A+ for informing the clueless, nevertheless. I think our society changed because of this movie.

Well, I watched this on your recommendations, since I like Jack Lemmon's early work. But good grief, this was one depressing movie. And talk about over the top. Gee. Rivals "Reefer Madness" for exploitative propaganda. Seemed to be basically a two hour AA commercial. And I guess it irritated me because alcoholism is a very serious issue, and I hated to see it caricatured in such an outlandish manner. That's just my take on it.

Selam
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #2632 on: January 10, 2016, 02:19:10 PM »
Ratatouille. The young one's reactions (first viewing) were as entertaining as the plot itself.

• Merarches
« Reply #2633 on: January 10, 2016, 02:43:49 PM »
Ratatouille. The young one's reactions (first viewing) were as entertaining as the plot itself.

A good one for sure!  :)

Selam
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +

Offline christiane777

• Elder
« Reply #2634 on: January 12, 2016, 06:37:44 PM »

Well, I watched this on your recommendations, since I like Jack Lemmon's early work. But good grief, this was one depressing movie. And talk about over the top. Gee. Rivals "Reefer Madness" for exploitative propaganda. Seemed to be basically a two hour AA commercial. And I guess it irritated me because alcoholism is a very serious issue, and I hated to see it caricatured in such an outlandish manner. That's just my take on it.

Selam

Ok, so it was a little over the top.  (I remember thinking at one point, Blake Edwards has to be a Protestant.   :)  No Italian/Irish/Eastern European Catholic would ever make a movie like that, sitting down to the dinner table with his glass of red wine and bread and family, and then stopping drinking when dinner was over)

But I love the acting of Lemmon and Remick pretty much up to the end.  And I like the famous nursery destruction scene very much, well it is powerful, I guess I don't 'like' it.  The gradual destruction of their lives by alcohol is intense but well done.

I agree it goes a little AA propaganda in the last half hour or so.  Jack Klugman's character is very flat.  But it is true to how people talk about AA, for sure.  I just saw it as realism in that regard - stupid yes, but that is exactly what it is like.  I thought Lemmon in the straightjacket scene was really overdone and the ending where Remmick wanders off, refusing to say she is an alcoholic or go to AA was really weak.

So, yes, it was depressing as hell (maybe I should have been more clear about that).  But I stand by the quality of the acting and dialogue up to the end.  I did say "A-".  I don't think it trivialized the problem of alcoholism.  It just over dramatized it in kind of a simplistic, cliche way.  Which is frankly what a lot of people do. 

Offline Papist

• Patriarch of Pontification
  • Toumarches
« Reply #2635 on: January 12, 2016, 07:02:59 PM »

THE LAST SAMURAI
The Titanic kills my soul.... I don't understand why people like that movie. Oh well.
"For, by its immensity, the divine substance surpasses every form that our intellect reaches. Thus we are unable to apprehend it by knowing what it is. Yet we are able to have some knowledge of it by knowing what it is not." - St. Thomas Aquinas, Summa contra gentiles, I, 14.

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #2636 on: January 12, 2016, 07:26:34 PM »

THE LAST SAMURAI
The Titanic kills my soul.... I don't understand why people like that movie. Oh well.

It gives you that sinking feeling, doesn't it? :P

I like them all, but if I had to pick just one, I'd plumb for Gladiator.

• Merarches
« Reply #2637 on: January 13, 2016, 12:03:09 AM »

Selam

Ok, so it was a little over the top.  (I remember thinking at one point, Blake Edwards has to be a Protestant.   :)  No Italian/Irish/Eastern European Catholic would ever make a movie like that, sitting down to the dinner table with his glass of red wine and bread and family, and then stopping drinking when dinner was over)

But I love the acting of Lemmon and Remick pretty much up to the end.  And I like the famous nursery destruction scene very much, well it is powerful, I guess I don't 'like' it.  The gradual destruction of their lives by alcohol is intense but well done.

I agree it goes a little AA propaganda in the last half hour or so.  Jack Klugman's character is very flat.  But it is true to how people talk about AA, for sure.  I just saw it as realism in that regard - stupid yes, but that is exactly what it is like.  I thought Lemmon in the straightjacket scene was really overdone and the ending where Remmick wanders off, refusing to say she is an alcoholic or go to AA was really weak.

So, yes, it was depressing as hell (maybe I should have been more clear about that).  But I stand by the quality of the acting and dialogue up to the end.  I did say "A-".  I don't think it trivialized the problem of alcoholism.  It just over dramatized it in kind of a simplistic, cliche way.  Which is frankly what a lot of people do.

I agree with that analysis. It definitely wasn't boring.

Selam
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +

Offline Opus118

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #2638 on: January 13, 2016, 11:57:31 AM »

Selam

I saw it as a kid and haven't seen it since (I think). It was something I did not understand and therefore worthwhile. You have to understand that back when it came out, you did not necessarily know what the movie was about. Days of Wine and Roses with Jack Lemmon sounded like a comedy (good family fare).  We had the same problem with Seven Days in May (assumed to be one of those love triangle movies with Ava Gardner, Kirk Douglas and Burt Lancaster. This movie I have watched many times and read the book afterwards.

Offline William T

• Archon
  • Jurisdiction: Antioch
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 05:59:24 PM by William T »

Offline seekeroftruth777

• Archon
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOARCH
« Reply #2640 on: January 18, 2016, 06:33:48 PM »
Righteous Kill with  Al Pacino and Robert De Niro. Not a bad movie but with those great two actors it was a but of a let down. The plot device was well done but something in this film let me wanting.

I might have to check it out, despite the review. I think the only other movie they played together in was Heat, Idk  if Godfather 2 count, since they weren't playing alongside each other in that.

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #2641 on: January 20, 2016, 04:18:17 PM »
The thing about Titanic and Avatar, regardless of their shortcomings, I could watch over and over and over. I absolutely hate the man Jim Cameron, but both of those movies are so overly unexciting and predictable and smooth in how they unfold, I just can't resist. The English Patient is the same way to me.

Gladiator and Braveheart I've seen too many times though, probably won't watch those again for a long time. I was fine just seeing Last Samurai once.
"The business of the Christian is nothing else than to be ever preparing for death (μελεπᾷν ἀποθνήσκειν)."

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #2642 on: January 20, 2016, 04:18:46 PM »
Oh and I should say anyone who is a fan of Kubrick needs to watch Under The Skin with Scarlett Johanssen.

A+++++++++++++++++++++++

Offline Mor Ephrem

• "Mor has a huge ego"
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Pope Pius XIII, play for us!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #2643 on: January 20, 2016, 07:19:55 PM »
A+++++++++++++++++++++++

Coincidentally, that's how I'd rate your latest avatars. 
The whole forum is Mor. We're emanations of his godlike mind.

Actually, Mor's face shineth like the Sun.

Offline Theophania

• Ecumenical Dissipation Association *OF* America
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #2644 on: January 20, 2016, 07:28:34 PM »
Oh and I should say anyone who is a fan of Kubrick needs to watch Under The Skin with Scarlett Johanssen.

A+++++++++++++++++++++++

My uncle is a pilot for a chartered jet company. He flew Scarlett something like 7 years ago. He gave her that same rating.
It's common knowledge that you secretly want to be born in early 17th century Russia.  As a serf or a royal, I know not.  Chances are serf.

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #2645 on: January 20, 2016, 07:32:54 PM »

A+++++++++++++++++++++++

My uncle is a pilot for a chartered jet company. He flew Scarlett something like 7 years ago. He gave her that same rating.
lulz. imo she more like a B+.

I was very surprised by how good she was in the movie though.

Offline seekeroftruth777

• Archon
« Reply #2646 on: January 21, 2016, 04:14:51 PM »

Well, compared to all the absurdities subsequent to Rocky II, it was decent. But that's not exactly a high bar. I only went to see it because it received good reviews. It wasn't terrible, but it just wasn't very good. Stallone sort of salvaged it actually. The rest of the acting was pretty lame. The musical score was weird. One minute it wanted to be reminiscent of the original Rocky, the next it seemed to want to turn the entire movie into a hip hop video. I wouldn't waste money on seeing this in the theater. But it's worth watching on DVD if you're really into the genre. And just for the record, I think the original Rocky was one of the greatest movies ever made.

Selam

Wait you didn't like RockyIV, while it was cheesy to a degree, I thought it told a great story of a man avenging the death of his friend, with Rocky taking on Ivan Drago after Apollo Creed died. Plus it had a good message in the end, of two dudes from rival countries beating the tar out of each other, rather than a nuclear war between the two countries. Also Ivan Drago looked like a  real beast, he should of been picked up by a real boxing promotion. ohh well different strokes for different folks. I think Rocky I - IV, V was unforgiveable, just a waste.

Offline seekeroftruth777

• Archon
« Reply #2647 on: January 21, 2016, 05:16:59 PM »

Selam

Wait you didn't like RockyIV, while it was cheesy to a degree, I thought it told a great story of a man avenging the death of his friend, with Rocky taking on Ivan Drago after Apollo Creed died. Plus it had a good message in the end, of two dudes from rival countries beating the tar out of each other, rather than a nuclear war between the two countries. Also Ivan Drago looked like a  real beast, he should of been picked up by a real boxing promotion. ohh well different strokes for different folks. I think Rocky I - IV, V was unforgiveable, just a waste.

ohh im embarassed, I meant Rocky I - IV weregodd to great films, Rocky V was unforgiveable, just a waste.

Offline seekeroftruth777

• Archon
« Reply #2648 on: January 21, 2016, 05:19:44 PM »
Oops I meant Rocky I- IV where good to great movies, Rocky V was just unforgiveable, just a waste.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #2649 on: January 21, 2016, 09:28:48 PM »
District 9.

Great flick.
God bless!

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Hoplitarches
    • St.Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
« Reply #2650 on: January 24, 2016, 12:07:30 AM »

Lord of the Rings.
Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria

• Merarches
« Reply #2651 on: January 24, 2016, 01:17:51 AM »
Watched two of my favorite movies with my sons last week:

Remains of The Day

Into the Wild

These movies get even better every time I watch them.

Selam
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +

Offline LenInSebastopol

• Dimly Illumined
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #2652 on: January 24, 2016, 10:34:44 AM »
Watched two of my favorite movies with my sons last week:

Remains of The Day
Into the Wild
These movies get even better every time I watch them.
Selam

Obviously I missed the point and found neither uplifting or regenerating. They were so depressing I wouldn't watch them again.
Help me out here.

If you like the fight game, Creed is one to catch with your kids.

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #2653 on: January 24, 2016, 02:00:25 PM »
The young one has been going between The Book of Life and Labyrinth on repeat all week. I don't pay much attention by now... but dang, Labyrinth is still as much fun as it was 30 years ago.

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #2654 on: January 26, 2016, 11:02:06 AM »
Will watch Master of the Flying Guillotine today