Author Topic: What TV shows are you watching?  (Read 97344 times)

Offline Peacemaker

• OC.net guru
Re: What TV shows are you watching?
« Reply #1980 on: March 03, 2015, 05:36:14 AM »
Yes my heart melts also when I see Camren Bicondova

« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 05:36:22 AM by Peacemaker »

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #1981 on: March 03, 2015, 06:47:07 AM »
"Murder, She Wrote." Season one, episode two.

We had one TV in our house growing up, and my mom had total control of it. Her favorite shows were:

Carol Burnett
Murder She Wrote
Designing Women
The Golden Girls

Carol Burnett was tolerable. The others were enough to drive one to misogyny. Uggghhh... :P

Selam

Sorry bro. Was recently mocking the latter two. Sounds awful.
Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #1982 on: March 03, 2015, 06:50:14 AM »
Cat is disturbingly attractive. She's going to be a beautiful woman in 3 or 4 years. I feel a bit bad about finding her attractive, but in most European countries 15 is the age of consent. I do not have a thing for young girls. 16 or 17 is when they usually start getting nice looking,which is the age of consent in most states. I mean I am not REALLY attracted to her. There was just something that said she's good looking. Weird? There was an argument about this on YouTube. Some European was saying all the Americans are stupid and obsess on the issue because they watch too much SVU. Like I said, the youngest I usually like is 16 or 17. Like take Chloe Mortez, who played in the new Carrie. In that  she like 14, but now she's getting hot. I watched Carrie  after I first saw her on IMDB and the artist said, "That is a great face. So well proportioned. So beautiful." She was kind of young still on Carrie, but now she's bloomed. A lot  of this is cultural though. The Theotokos was 14 and St. Joseph much older. I do not think we'd call him a creeper. Hopefully I do not come off that way. I just thought Cat came off attractive.

You might want to consider protesting a little less.
Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.

Offline Tom

« Reply #1983 on: March 03, 2015, 09:11:41 AM »
¡Despierta America!

Offline Timon

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #1984 on: March 03, 2015, 11:07:49 AM »
No one has mentioned the new season of House of Cards yet?
Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG

Offline wainscottbl

• Aspie weirdo of the forum
  • Archon
« Reply #1985 on: March 03, 2015, 03:04:07 PM »
¡Despierta America!

Latine loqueris, inepte. Nos autem non sumus perditorum. Nos iustus et uti Google translate cognoscunt. Quidquid latine altum viditur. Quae in pictura est ut canis in udo turpia diem.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 03:05:58 PM by wainscottbl »
"There are two great tragedies: one is to live a life ruled by the passions, and the other is to live a passionless life." --Gebre Menfes Kidus

I once said to my father, when I was a boy, 'Dad we need a third political party.' He said to me, 'I'll settle for a second.' --Ralph Nader, America's Cato

Offline wainscottbl

• Archon
« Reply #1986 on: March 03, 2015, 03:08:50 PM »
Et en français tous les sons romantique, vous poubelle mexicaine. Cette fille, elle est comme un singe dans la forêt qui a été mutilé par un tigre. Je aime la fille laide nommée Chloe Moretz
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 03:09:18 PM by wainscottbl »
"There are two great tragedies: one is to live a life ruled by the passions, and the other is to live a passionless life." --Gebre Menfes Kidus

I once said to my father, when I was a boy, 'Dad we need a third political party.' He said to me, 'I'll settle for a second.' --Ralph Nader, America's Cato

Offline TheTrisagion

• The Purple Demon is gonna get you if you don't watch out!
  • Toumarches
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #1987 on: March 03, 2015, 03:13:13 PM »
Did I just wander into the foreign languages subforum?
Quote from: Mor Ephrem
Why can't you just take your spiritual edification like a man? 

Online Justin Kissel

• Formerly a *, now a ☆
  • Protospatharios
  • Faith: Agnosticish
« Reply #1988 on: March 03, 2015, 03:15:23 PM »
si amigo

Online Justin Kissel

• Formerly a *, now a ☆
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #1989 on: March 03, 2015, 03:17:26 PM »
oh um me no habla espanol   :P

Offline Yurysprudentsiya

• Section Moderator
  • Archon
  • God, the Great, the Only, Keep for Us Our Ukraine!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: OCA, with a love for the UOC-USA
« Reply #1990 on: March 03, 2015, 03:18:31 PM »
Wainscott and Justin Kissel,

Please post a translation within 24 hours.  This is an official request.

Yurysprudentsiya

Offline wainscottbl

• Archon
« Reply #1991 on: March 03, 2015, 03:24:55 PM »
Wainscott and Justin Kissel,

Please post a translation within 24 hours.  This is an official request.

Yurysprudentsiya

Sorry. I forgot about that rule.

1. Latin: Speak Latin, you fool. We are not desperate. We just know, how to use of Google translate. Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound. What is in the picture is that of a dog, on a wet day.

2.. French: Everything sounds romantic, you Mexican garbage. This girl, she's like a monkey in the forest that was mutilated by a tiger. I love the ugly girl named Chloe Moretz

Moderator: I hope the use of Mexican garbage is not against the rules. It was not meant in a racist way, but in a playing way to sound like a snobby Frenchman

Oh,and Google translate is not that great it seems! But it was fun.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 03:25:39 PM by wainscottbl »

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Now with bigger boots!
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #1992 on: March 03, 2015, 03:27:58 PM »
Oh,and Google translate is not that great it seems!

That's okay, it didn't make any sense in English either.
'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline Peacemaker

• OC.net guru
« Reply #1993 on: March 03, 2015, 03:50:44 PM »
Oh,and Google translate is not that great it seems!

That's okay, it didn't make any sense in English either.

HAHAHAHA!!!

Offline wainscottbl

• Archon
« Reply #1994 on: March 03, 2015, 05:00:36 PM »
Everything We say makes sense. Ye are just to dull to understand.  ;)

Online Cyrillic

• Merarches
  • Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo
« Reply #1995 on: March 03, 2015, 05:06:56 PM »
¡Despierta America!

Latine loqueris, inepte. Nos autem non sumus perditorum. Nos iustus et uti Google translate cognoscunt. Quidquid latine altum viditur. Quae in pictura est ut canis in udo turpia diem.

Almost.

Loquere Latinam linguam, stulte. Desperati non sumus, sed scimus in quo modo Google Translate usus est. Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur. Canis humidus in hoc imagine est.

It still doesn't make much sense.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 05:09:48 PM by Cyrillic »
"My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me"
-Benjamin Disraeli

Online Justin Kissel

• Formerly a *, now a ☆
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #1996 on: March 03, 2015, 05:20:02 PM »
A translation of my broken/incorrect Spanish:

si amigo

Yes, (my) friend

oh um me no habla espanol   :P

[oh um] [I do not] speak Spanish

Offline wainscottbl

• Archon
« Reply #1997 on: March 03, 2015, 06:49:01 PM »
The Black List, except I need to watch 2 episodes and just keep putting it off like this book on my endtable.

Offline mike

• The Jerk
  • Stratopedarches
  • Scarecrow is watching you
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Makurian Orthodox
« Reply #1998 on: Yesterday at 11:45:01 AM »
Cat is disturbingly attractive. She's going to be a beautiful woman in 3 or 4 years. I feel a bit bad about finding her attractive, but in most European countries 15 is the age of consent. I do not have a thing for young girls. 16 or 17 is when they usually start getting nice looking,which is the age of consent in most states. I mean I am not REALLY attracted to her. There was just something that said she's good looking. Weird? There was an argument about this on YouTube. Some European was saying all the Americans are stupid and obsess on the issue because they watch too much SVU. Like I said, the youngest I usually like is 16 or 17. Like take Chloe Mortez, who played in the new Carrie. In that  she like 14, but now she's getting hot. I watched Carrie  after I first saw her on IMDB and the artist said, "That is a great face. So well proportioned. So beautiful." She was kind of young still on Carrie, but now she's bloomed. A lot  of this is cultural though. The Theotokos was 14 and St. Joseph much older. I do not think we'd call him a creeper. Hopefully I do not come off that way. I just thought Cat came off attractive.

Especially disturbing from a monk-wannabe.

Offline LenInSebastopol

• Dimly Illumined
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #1999 on: Yesterday at 01:10:23 PM »

You might be right, as I expect my monks not be human-like, not be able to recognize beauty, nor say anything the could be true nor know what is good.
Or
You might be the disturbed one.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 01:15:52 PM by LenInSebastopol »
Mark 14:36
God is with us, understand O' ye nations, and submit yourselves, for God is with us

Offline That person

• OC.net guru
  • Long live Commie Superman
« Reply #2000 on: Yesterday at 06:19:49 PM »
If the people making 'Better Call Saul' were trying to emulate the tone/vibe/evocation of 'Breaking Bad,' leaving me often in a somber mood after it ends... then they are succeeding.
It's pretty great so far though. Structure is more serial than Breaking Bad's, and the world it's building is a touch more absurd, but in a really fitting and entertaining way.  I dig it a lot so far.
"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.

Offline Peacemaker

• OC.net guru
« Reply #2001 on: Yesterday at 09:02:37 PM »

Mike, seriously...

There is a difference in thinking someone is pretty or good looking and being attracted to them in a sexual way.