Author Topic: O.J.: Made in America  (Read 950 times)

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • Trolling Babylon 24/7, without apology!
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
  • Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo
O.J.: Made in America
« on: June 20, 2016, 04:06:50 AM »
I watched all five episodes of this series. Fascinating stuff. Deeply disturbing, full of provocative political overtones, and a tragic indictment of human nature in general.

I clearly remember watching all of this as it was unfolding. I was 25 years old when I turned on the TV and saw that white Bronco driving down the highway with a posse of police cars in pursuit. And I admit: I thought to myself, "They want to do to O.J. what they did to Rodney King; but they can't, because they know the cameras are rolling."

I also remember seeing Reggie Mckenzie (who blocked for O.J. Simpson with the Buffalo Bills, and who was one of Simpson's best friends) interviewed on TV as the trial was taking place. I had met Reggie Mckenzie a few years earlier at a mutual friend's birthday party. We talked for two or three hours, and mostly about our mutual Christian faith. He was as genuine, humble, and sincere of a guy as you could ever meet. We didn't even discuss football at all.

Well, anyway, when I saw Reggie Mckenzie defend O.J.'s innocence on national T.V., I was convinced. I thought: "I met this guy. He wouldn't lie. And he's no fool. This guy can't be conned. And he knows O.J. as well as anyone. So if he says O.J. didn't do it, then O.J. didn't do it!"

In fact, I was one of the many idiots cheering when O.J. was declared "not guilty." I didn't trust the cops, and I didn't trust the racist system; but I did trust Reggie Mckenzie, and I did trust my own naïve illusions that a man whose football cards I had collected as a child could not possibly be a murderer. Now I realize how wrong I was, and how wrong Reggie Mckenzie was.

And what's really frightening is this: if a man like Reggie Mckenzie - a man of supreme intelligence, character, and integrity - can be conned, then just consider how easily the rest of us can be conned. After all, Bill Clinton, George Bush, and Barack Obama seduced millions of otherwise intelligent and genuine people to elect them to office. 

Anyway, if you watched this series, what are your thoughts? There's a lot to discuss here. (This may need to be moved to politics.)

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrB3rOcrJxg

ESPN streaming:
http://espn.go.com/30for30/ojsimpsonmadeinamerica/

Selam, +GMK+

« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 04:23:22 AM by Gebre Menfes Kidus »
“Universe,” “love,” “eternity,” “brotherhood,” “peace,” “life,” “justice,” “truth,” “God”… These are big words. Very big words. But not nearly big enough. They can’t be defined; they can only be lived.
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +

Offline Cyprian700

• Archangel Michael Byzantine Icon (early 14th c.)
Re: O.J.: Made in America
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 10:58:51 PM »
There was no murder of Nicole Brown and Ronald Goldman.  The whole O.J. saga was fabricated, an elaborate psy-op.  O.J., Nicole, Ron Goldman and his family, the LAPD, the judge, the prosecuting and defense attorneys, Hollywood and the media, are all guilty of conspiring to foist this massive deception on the unsuspecting public.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Supreme Commander of the Joint Armed Warrior Services (JAWS) of the Oriental Orthodox Church
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Fr Seraphim Rose and the Twin Towers
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Czech Lands
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 01:04:46 PM »
There was no murder of Nicole Brown and Ronald Goldman.  The whole O.J. saga was fabricated, an elaborate psy-op.  O.J., Nicole, Ron Goldman and his family, the LAPD, the judge, the prosecuting and defense attorneys, Hollywood and the media, are all guilty of conspiring to foist this massive deception on the unsuspecting public.

What do they have to gain by lying?

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Serbian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of New Gracanica
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 01:16:16 PM »
25 years old???

I was in elementary school.  I figured you were older than me but not enough to be living in a nursing home!!

( :P :P :-* :-*)

Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline Sinful Hypocrite

• Everyday I am critical of others. Every day I make similar mistakes. Every day I am a hypocrite.
  • Archon
  • The Lord helps those who help others
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: God
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 01:36:20 PM »
I watched all five episodes of this series. Fascinating stuff. Deeply disturbing, full of provocative political overtones, and a tragic indictment of human nature in general.

I clearly remember watching all of this as it was unfolding. I was 25 years old when I turned on the TV and saw that white Bronco driving down the highway with a posse of police cars in pursuit. And I admit: I thought to myself, "They want to do to O.J. what they did to Rodney King; but they can't, because they know the cameras are rolling."

I also remember seeing Reggie Mckenzie (who blocked for O.J. Simpson with the Buffalo Bills, and who was one of Simpson's best friends) interviewed on TV as the trial was taking place. I had met Reggie Mckenzie a few years earlier at a mutual friend's birthday party. We talked for two or three hours, and mostly about our mutual Christian faith. He was as genuine, humble, and sincere of a guy as you could ever meet. We didn't even discuss football at all.

Well, anyway, when I saw Reggie Mckenzie defend O.J.'s innocence on national T.V., I was convinced. I thought: "I met this guy. He wouldn't lie. And he's no fool. This guy can't be conned. And he knows O.J. as well as anyone. So if he says O.J. didn't do it, then O.J. didn't do it!"

In fact, I was one of the many idiots cheering when O.J. was declared "not guilty." I didn't trust the cops, and I didn't trust the racist system; but I did trust Reggie Mckenzie, and I did trust my own naïve illusions that a man whose football cards I had collected as a child could not possibly be a murderer. Now I realize how wrong I was, and how wrong Reggie Mckenzie was.

And what's really frightening is this: if a man like Reggie Mckenzie - a man of supreme intelligence, character, and integrity - can be conned, then just consider how easily the rest of us can be conned. After all, Bill Clinton, George Bush, and Barack Obama seduced millions of otherwise intelligent and genuine people to elect them to office. 

Anyway, if you watched this series, what are your thoughts? There's a lot to discuss here. (This may need to be moved to politics.)

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrB3rOcrJxg

ESPN streaming:
http://espn.go.com/30for30/ojsimpsonmadeinamerica/

Selam, +GMK+

I believe they and you were deceived by the only one capable of such evil, Satan.
The Lord gathers his sheep, I fear I am a goat. Lord have mercy.

"A Christian is someone who follows and worships a perfectly good God who revealed his true face through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth.“

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
  • This place holds to nothing....
  • Faith: Does it matter?
  • Jurisdiction: Unverifiable, so irrelevant
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 02:07:31 PM »
25 years old???

I was in elementary school.  I figured you were older than me but not enough to be living in a nursing home!!

I was 24 as well you whippersnapper!
All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Serbian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of New Gracanica
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 03:57:19 PM »
25 years old???

Put the flintlock down.  I'm getting off your precious lawn.  Geez Denise.
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • Trolling Babylon 24/7, without apology!
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
  • Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2016, 04:00:00 PM »
25 years old???

Yep. I'm getting up there. I'll be 48 next month.

Selam
“Universe,” “love,” “eternity,” “brotherhood,” “peace,” “life,” “justice,” “truth,” “God”… These are big words. Very big words. But not nearly big enough. They can’t be defined; they can only be lived.
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +

Offline seekeroftruth777

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOARCH
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2016, 04:54:00 PM »
I remember that trail, I disliked that whole time period, your black friends at school are convinced he didn't, do it, and how it a conspiracy against the black man, while your white friends are feeling they just let a murderer off Scott free, it was such a bad time for racial relations, even for little kids. I bought into OJ being innocent foolishly buying into silly conspiracy theories. Looking back he seems guilty, and these was a lot of red flags in the trail, yet in the end, Only GOD knows. If he did do it, GOD must have a way of making sure there justice, since OJ last I heard was doing hard time out in Vegas.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 04:57:05 PM by seekeroftruth777 »

Offline Elisha

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2016, 05:35:40 PM »
25 years old???

Put the flintlock down.  I'm getting off your precious lawn.  Geez Denise.

LOL!