Author Topic: Uncut Mountain Supply  (Read 307 times)

Offline Antonis

• Μέγα το Θαύμα!
  • Section Moderator
  • Archon
Uncut Mountain Supply
« on: September 27, 2018, 09:22:22 AM »
Does anyone know if there is something going on with Uncut Mountain Supply?

I emailed them twice with questions several weeks ago with no response, ordered an icon last week, and it is still being “processed” with no email sent to me or anything.

I was already hesistant to support them because of their rather upsetting commercialization of the great schema, but they had a particular icon I wanted that couldn’t be found elsewhere.
"This is the one from the beginning, who seemed to be new, yet was found to be ancient and always young, being born in the hearts of the saints."
Letter to Diognetus 11.4

Offline IXOYE

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
Re: Uncut Mountain Supply
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 10:52:54 AM »
I was already hesistant to support them because of their rather upsetting commercialization of the great schema, but they had a particular icon I wanted that couldn’t be found elsewhere.

I just checked their website after reading your post about the commercialization of the great schema and I have to agree that it is upsetting.  Actually, not a fan of any of the apparel they are selling.

Offline Alveus Lacuna

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 11:02:08 AM »
I haven't looked at their site in a long time. Aside from the atrocious "Orthodox Apparel", the rest of their stuff is really nice. The original icons they've produced are beautiful, and the educational posters are really high quality.

Offline Antonis

• Μέγα το Θαύμα!
  • Section Moderator
  • Archon
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 11:06:15 AM »
I haven't looked at their site in a long time. Aside from the atrocious "Orthodox Apparel", the rest of their stuff is really nice. The original icons they've produced are beautiful, and the educational posters are really high quality.
Which is precisely why I ordered from them! A little frustrated at this point, though.
"This is the one from the beginning, who seemed to be new, yet was found to be ancient and always young, being born in the hearts of the saints."
Letter to Diognetus 11.4

Offline Saxon

« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 01:07:37 PM »
Does anyone know if there was, indeed, an issue, and if it has been resolved? I was about to order a couple of icons from them (St. Cuthbert of Lindisfarne and Fr. Seraphim Rose) but thought I would check here first and, sure enough, there was this thread.

Offline Antonis

• Μέγα το Θαύμα!
  • Section Moderator
  • Archon
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 02:57:34 PM »
Does anyone know if there was, indeed, an issue, and if it has been resolved? I was about to order a couple of icons from them (St. Cuthbert of Lindisfarne and Fr. Seraphim Rose) but thought I would check here first and, sure enough, there was this thread.
I did end up receiving the icon, but there was never any follow-up from the supplier.
Letter to Diognetus 11.4

Offline Saxon

« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 03:05:54 PM »
I did end up receiving the icon, but there was never any follow-up from the supplier.

Were there any quality or other issues?

Offline Antonis

• Μέγα το Θαύμα!
  • Section Moderator
  • Archon
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 03:07:41 PM »
Nope, it came as expected. Quality product.
Letter to Diognetus 11.4