OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 28, 2014, 02:59:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SCOOCH has a meeting.  (Read 757 times) Average Rating: 0
Salpy
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« on: October 23, 2009, 01:11:52 AM »

I got this from an e-mailed newsletter, so I don't have a link.  If I find a link, I'll post it:

STANDING CONFERENCE OF ORIENTAL ORTHODOX CHURCHES MEETS AT ST. LEON CHURCH

The Standing Conference of Oriental Orthodox Churches in America met at St. Leon Armenian Church of Fair Lawn, NJ, on Wednesday, October 21. Members presented updates on programs at their respective churches and spoke about the need to recruit young men to serve as priests.

Participants also discussed inter-church relations, with Archbishop Khajag Barsamian speaking about this year’s prayer service and luncheon hosted at the Eastern Diocese in honor of Archbishop Timothy Dolan, the Roman Catholic Archbishop of New York, and Metropolitan Jonah Pauffhausen, the Orthodox Church in America's Archbishop of Washington and New York, and Metropolitan of All America and Canada.

In addition, church leaders said they would like to encourage cooperation among youth directors of the respective churches – an idea that was first reviewed at a September meeting of the Joint Commission of the Standing Conference of the Oriental Orthodox Churches and the Standing Conference of Canonical Bishops in the Americas. At that meeting, youth directors had an opportunity to learn about programs at each of the churches and to speak about ways in which they can assist each other in their work.

The Standing Conference of Oriental Orthodox Churches of America includes representatives of the Armenian, Coptic, Ethiopian, and Syrian Orthodox Churches. In addition to Archbishop Barsamian, the Very. Rev. Fr. Daniel Findikyan, Very Rev. Fr. Haigazoun Najarian, Rev. Fr. Diran Bohajian, and Rev. Fr. Tateos Abdalian represented the Armenian Church at Wednesday’s meeting.

deusveritasest
Taxiarches

Faith: None
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 10:09:16 PM »

I wish they would get a website up already.  Sad

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
Tags: SCOOCH 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: