OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 27, 2014, 06:58:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Graceless heretics" a purely EO "extremist" position?  (Read 11047 times) Average Rating: 0
Justinianus
Elder

« Reply #90 on: December 09, 2003, 01:14:59 PM »

I believe the words of CHrist the Savior answer all of this:

Gospel of St. John 3:14-21

"And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up,

That whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that theworld through Him might be saved.

He who believes in Him is not codenmed; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God"

I believe with my whole heart and soul that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.  In light of that confession and the word of the Christ above, does that qualify me as a Christian?

"If we truly think of Christ as our source of holiness, we shall refrain from anything wicked or impure in thought or act and thus show ourselves to be worthy bearers of his name.  For the quality of holiness is shown not by what we say but by what w
Seraphim Reeves
Elder

« Reply #91 on: December 09, 2003, 01:16:39 PM »

The Slave,

Did I actually say anything about hate ?

No, you said...

You cannot say you love your fellow Christians when you keep battering them the way you do.

The obvious implication being, I have not been "loving."  What is the contrary of love?

If I somehow misunderstood you, my apologies.

I am RC - and practicing too - so I suppose that makes me a heretic - and I HATE that word - it's cruel and unfeeling .

I'd rather stick with the issues (which I've tried to do), than talk about you or anyone else's situation.

Yes - God will make that judgement and we should not attempt to do it here on earth. Example is far better than words

And how!  Unfortunately, all these forums are, is "words."  Though, there is definately a type of example which can be set, even in the use of words.

Where I have truly transgressed, knowingly and unknowingly, I prostrate before you (and all others here), and above all, my Lord, with contrition and sorrow.   Lord have mercy upon me, an unworthy if there ever was one.

Seraphim

David
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of the South)

Retired GM

« Reply #92 on: December 09, 2003, 01:26:43 PM »

Okay, after discussing this with Anastasios, I'm going to lock down this thread.  I don't see anything positive resulting from the turns it has taken in the past two days, other than further grudges being formed.  I would suggest praying for all involved.

Your friendly neighborhood moderator,

David

"When looking at faults, use a mirror, not a telescope."
-Yazid Ibrahim
Tags: Valid Sacraments schism traditionalist 
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: