OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 26, 2014, 03:52:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for the Divine Liturgy in Braille  (Read 554 times) Average Rating: 0
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« on: October 19, 2009, 07:19:04 PM »

My Father-in-law is 72 years old and has been blind since infancy. He is the most godly man I know, and is a spiritual hero in my eyes. Although he is an evangelical Protestant, he is always open and interested in the Orthodox Faith. I would love to give him a copy of the Divine Liturgy in Braille. Does anyone know where I might be able to find this?

Also, he loves to listen to sermons and theological books on tape or cd. If anyone has the capacity to burn cd's of Orthodox sermons or copies of the Divine Liturgy and would like to donate some to my father-in-law, I know he would love to listen to them. Please PM me if you are interested and able to contribute such materials, and I will give you his mailing address.

Thank you all very much.

Selam
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 07:19:52 PM by Gebre Menfes Kidus » Logged

"Don't register. Don't vote.
Don't enlist. Don't deploy.
Don't take oaths. Don't say the pledge.
Pray to God, and start a revolution instead!"
Selam, +GMK+
David Leon

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 07:33:47 PM »

Last summer, when my family and I visited the Monastery of the Transfiguration in Ellwood City, PA, the abbess gave a copy of the liturgy in braille to a young blind woman who had stopped by the monastery for a visit.  I will write to inquire where it came from.  If I learn anything, I'll be sure to let you know.

Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 08:24:35 PM »

Last summer, when my family and I visited the Monastery of the Transfiguration in Ellwood City, PA, the abbess gave a copy of the liturgy in braille to a young blind woman who had stopped by the monastery for a visit.  I will write to inquire where it came from.  If I learn anything, I'll be sure to let you know.

Thank you. Smiley

Selam

"Don't register. Don't vote.
Don't enlist. Don't deploy.
Don't take oaths. Don't say the pledge.
Pray to God, and start a revolution instead!"
Selam, +GMK+
Tags: blind 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: