OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 21, 2014, 12:40:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I ask humbly for your prayers... entry into Orthodoxy  (Read 1430 times) Average Rating: 0
ignatius
Baptacathadox
OC.net guru

Faith: Roman Catholic > Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

My Son Aidan... :-)

« on: October 15, 2009, 04:53:36 PM »

Grace and Peace,

Last week I entered into formal instruction with an Orthodox Parish Priest to begin my entry into Eastern Orthodoxy (Catechumanate in a next couple weeks 'before the Fast' and Chrismation 'after the Fast'). My journey has been long, challenging and difficult. That, he assures me, will not stop and in fact may very well increase as I near Chrismation after the Advent Fast. I humbly ask for your prayers and kindness as I begin this next step on my journey of faith. As a devout Catholic stepping away from Rome has been troubling and as a Westerner it has been culturally difficult too. Take pity on me and do be kind when I am present here concerning the Roman Church. Several times in the past discussions on the forum have temped me away from entry into Orthodoxy as I felt the need to defend the Western Church, my home, and I am certain that this has been my own fault and weakness but your kindness and consideration will aid me in avoiding these traps that I too often fall prey to.

Peace and God Bless.

St Basil the Great (330-379 A.D.): “I think then that the one goal of all who are really and truly serving the Lord ought to be to bring back to union the churches who have at different times and in diverse manners divided from one another.”
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 05:11:24 PM »

Congratulations!

May the Lord be with you always and guide you in your journey to your new home...the true Home.

God bless you!

Lord, have mercy.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 05:17:11 PM »

Welcome to Orthodoxy Smiley You're in my prayers, I wish you the best on your spiritual journey.

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 05:23:59 PM »

Lord have Mercy.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 05:25:04 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 05:33:12 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 06:38:50 PM »

Lord, have mercy and aid your servant!

Is the family situation any different, or are you going it alone?
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 06:49:06 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2009, 07:09:24 PM »

Grace and Peace,

Last week I entered into formal instruction with an Orthodox Parish Priest to begin my entry into Eastern Orthodoxy (Catechumanate in a next couple weeks 'before the Fast' and Chrismation 'after the Fast'). My journey has been long, challenging and difficult. That, he assures me, will not stop and in fact may very well increase as I near Chrismation after the Advent Fast. I humbly ask for your prayers and kindness as I begin this next step on my journey of faith. As a devout Catholic stepping away from Rome has been troubling and as a Westerner it has been culturally difficult too. Take pity on me and do be kind when I am present here concerning the Roman Church. Several times in the past discussions on the forum have temped me away from entry into Orthodoxy as I felt the need to defend the Western Church, my home, and I am certain that this has been my own fault and weakness but your kindness and consideration will aid me in avoiding these traps that I too often fall prey to.

Peace and God Bless.

Many years! 

Being in Richmond, there are Western Rite Orthodox nearby.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
witega
Is it enough now, to tell you you matter?
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Diocese of the South

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 07:37:37 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Ariel Starling - New album

For it were better to suffer everything, rather than divide the Church of God. Even martyrdom for the sake of preventing division would not be less glorious than for refusing to worship idols. - St. Dionysius the Great
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2009, 07:51:12 PM »

Lord, have mercy on your servant ignatius!

Congratulations, friend!! Smiley

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2009, 07:56:51 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
Byzantine2008
Elder

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2009, 08:18:31 PM »

Lord have mercy

Let your will be done O Lord Jesus Christ through the intercession of you All Pure Mother and all the saints!
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2009, 08:27:13 PM »

Welcome ! to the true Light and Faith , Holy Orthodoxy....Axios, Dostojan ,worthy, Достојан...
Многаја Љета,И Многе Године....
Many Year's and Many Summers......

Lord Have Mercy! and Bless this Soul ,who has found the true faith ,and true light of Holy Orthodoxy...Amen Amen..

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
John Larocque
Catholic
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2009, 09:17:23 PM »

Lord have mercy.
Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2009, 10:02:20 PM »

Lord, have mercy, illumine and guide Your faithful servant Ignatius!

Love never fails.
ignatius
Baptacathadox
OC.net guru

Faith: Roman Catholic > Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

My Son Aidan... :-)

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2009, 10:35:50 PM »

Grace and Peace,

My wife and daughter have attended Vespers and Liturgies. We've had the Priest over our home for the Blessing of the House last year. When we found out my wife was pregnant she was blessed by the Priest with oil from a lamb where the relics of St. John of Kronstadt are kept. She was blessed and she found it quite an experience. She is currently not going to enter into Orthodoxy but she remains active in dialogue with our Priest and participation in the Liturgy as often as she is able and willing. My daughter will has been being Catechized Orthodox (i.e. Byzantine) for a while now and she has always attended the Orthodox Parish with me and God Willing my son Aidan will be Baptized Orthodox after his naming.

It's challenging there is no doubt.

St Basil the Great (330-379 A.D.): “I think then that the one goal of all who are really and truly serving the Lord ought to be to bring back to union the churches who have at different times and in diverse manners divided from one another.”
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2009, 11:36:41 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
HandmaidenofGod
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA (Ecumenical Patriarch)

O Holy St. Demetrius pray to God for us!

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2009, 11:56:58 PM »

Grace and Peace,

Peace and God Bless.

Congratulations! May the Lord be with you and bless you on your journey!  Smiley

Many years! 

Being in Richmond, there are Western Rite Orthodox nearby.

Unless I am mistaken, I believe both WR parishes are at minimum a 2 hr drive from Richmond.

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2009, 12:06:45 AM »

Grace and Peace,

My wife and daughter have attended Vespers and Liturgies. We've had the Priest over our home for the Blessing of the House last year. When we found out my wife was pregnant she was blessed by the Priest with oil from a lamb where the relics of St. John of Kronstadt are kept. She was blessed and she found it quite an experience. She is currently not going to enter into Orthodoxy but she remains active in dialogue with our Priest and participation in the Liturgy as often as she is able and willing. My daughter will has been being Catechized Orthodox (i.e. Byzantine) for a while now and she has always attended the Orthodox Parish with me and God Willing my son Aidan will be Baptized Orthodox after his naming.

My all best wishes to you and your family, and may the Lord and the Most Holy Theotokos and all the saints will be with you and all yours!

Love never fails.
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: I'm Greek and proud of it, damn it!

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2009, 12:06:47 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

Welcome home to the true faith!

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
Heorhij
Merarches

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2009, 12:58:18 AM »

Grace and Peace,

Ahh... Ignatius, dear man... you enthusiastic about Orthodoxy and your wife isn't... How familiar!

Let me tell you that in our family, it is my wife who is a "cradle Orthodox" (baptised as an infant), and I am a "convert" (chrismated Orthodox in 2007 when I was already 49 years old) - and yet I strive to live like an Orthodox (meaning pray, fast, etc.), while my wife finds all that ridiculous and utterly unnecessary..

God Almighty, please sort us all out...

Love never fails.
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2009, 10:24:46 PM »

Lord, have mercy!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: