OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 02, 2014, 03:23:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lecture on Christianity Vs Islam  (Read 3946 times) Average Rating: 0
Orthodoc
Supporter & Defender Of Orthodoxy
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: OCA

Those who ignore history tend to repeat it.

« on: October 02, 2009, 06:17:10 PM »

Christ's Holy Church and Her Mission to the World

St. Tikhon's Orthodox Theological Seminary Annual Fall Lecture Series comes

to the Greater Philadelphia Area

"Islam and Christianity"

Lecture by Father Daniel Byantoro

Come hear a leading apologist

for Christianity in Indonesia

Sunday, 5pm

October 11, 2009

at St. Stephen's Orthodox Cathedral,

8598 Veree Road, Phila PA 19111 215-745-3232

====================

Orthodoc

Oh Lord, Save thy people and bless thine inheritance.
Grant victory to the Orthodox Christians over their adversaries.
And by virtue of thy Cross preserve thy habitation.
marivic45

Faith: N/A
Jurisdiction: N/A

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 02:18:03 AM »

I think christian and islam should now be in peace because in one book that I have read, it clearly shows that Jesus Christ foretold the Prophet of Islam in the Gospels. According to the New Testament, the Comforter is well proven not to be a spirit, but of a human prophet that was to come.

Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 02:27:29 AM »

I think christian and islam should now be in peace because in one book that I have read, it clearly shows that Jesus Christ foretold the Prophet of Islam in the Gospels. According to the New Testament, the Comforter is well proven not to be a spirit, but of a human prophet that was to come.

With respect, that is not the Orthodox teaching on the Holy Spirit. I also highly doubt if this book you mention is an Orthodox source. But I do agree that Christians should strive to be at peace with all people, regardless of religion or belief.

Selam

"Those who have nothing constructive to offer are masters at belittling the offerings of others." +GMK+
Theophilos78
Archon

Faith: pro-Israeli Zionist Apostolic Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Adonai Yeshua

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 07:14:21 AM »

Which book are you talking about? Please cite reference.

How can the New Testament prove that the Comforter is not a spirit when Jesus both implicitly and explicitly designates the Comforter as the Holy Spirit?

Then I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate to be with you forever – the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot accept, because it does not see him or know him. But you know him, because he resides with you and will be in you. (John 14:16-17)

I have spoken these things while staying with you. But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything, and will cause you to remember everything I said to you. (John 14:25-26)

I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. (John 16:12-13)

Besides, the Qur'an NEVER identifies Mohammad as a comforter. Nor does it teach that the Holy Spirit is Mohammad.

Longing for Heavenly Jerusalem
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek by desire; Antiochian by necessity

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 10:13:20 AM »

Is that one book, by chance, the Qur'an?

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 12:16:27 PM »

in one book that I have read, it clearly shows that Jesus Christ foretold the Prophet of Islam in the Gospels. According to the New Testament, the Comforter is well proven not to be a spirit, but of a human prophet that was to come.

That's either the best bit of sarcasm I've seen here in awhile, or the worst job of hiding your Muslim faith.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Nazarene
High Elder

Faith: Judaism
Jurisdiction: Messianic

David ben Yessai

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 01:11:23 PM »

Besides, the Qur'an NEVER identifies Mohammad as a comforter. Nor does it teach that the Holy Spirit is Mohammad.

On a side note what was so comforting about Muhammad? I couldn't think of a more inappropriate attribute for that particular individual. Well I guess he did put a lot of people "to rest".
patricia39

Faith: christian
Jurisdiction: christian

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 11:01:53 PM »

I have heard many lectures about the differences of Christianity and Islam religion not only lectures but also debate. But for me, there is nothing wrong with your religion even if you are a Christian or an Islam, the good thing is that you still worship God and believe on Him. I think religious groups should hold lectures about that matter.

scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek by desire; Antiochian by necessity

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2010, 11:41:09 PM »

^Then why not simply list your faith simply as "believer in God" instead of Christian?  After all, according to you, one need not be Christian and believe in God and that's all well and good.

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
observer
High Elder

Vivre die Raznitsa!

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 11:59:58 AM »

I listened to an imam talking about Islam after a presentation by an Orthodox priest on Christianity in the Holy Land. The imam had nothing to say in defense of Islam but rather talked about universal peace.  No-one present was impressed by this.

Thou shalt not prefer one thing to another (Law of Liberalism)
Fr Spyridon

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate

FrSpyridon
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 02:00:58 PM »

This is an excellent video on the subject.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-871902797772997781#
vasily

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox church in america

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2011, 02:45:51 PM »

I came across some disturbing videos on you tube, concerning so-called Muslim experts preaching about certain Christian teachings. Some of the topics include, questioning the validity of the Trinity, denial of Christ's Resurrection, how can Christ be God, and the Bible in general as being corrupt. The one thing that concerns me is that these individuals are accepting this propaganda and deceit. Islam regards itself, not as a subsequent faith to Judaism and Christianity, but as the primordial religion, the faith from which Judaism and Christianity are subsequent developments. Muslims are told the Biblical Prophets, including Jesus, were all Muslims. Jesus is not the Messiah, but a Prophet.

It is a shame, a sin, that Christianity is so divided. Our missionary activity is weak, secularism has taken control, and as Christians in general, have neglected knowing our faith. I find that these Muslim preachers lack any real knowledge of Christianity or theology, but are gaining converts through ignorance, their propaganda and deceit. Yes, there are websites, including you tube videos, that dispute these charges made against Christianity, and the contradiction in the koran, but feel there should be more being done against this tide. I just wanted to bring this into the foreground.
Theophilos78
Archon

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2011, 03:52:54 PM »

I came across some disturbing videos on you tube, concerning so-called Muslim experts preaching about certain Christian teachings. Some of the topics include, questioning the validity of the Trinity, denial of Christ's Resurrection, how can Christ be God, and the Bible in general as being corrupt. The one thing that concerns me is that these individuals are accepting this propaganda and deceit. Islam regards itself, not as a subsequent faith to Judaism and Christianity, but as the primordial religion, the faith from which Judaism and Christianity are subsequent developments. Muslims are told the Biblical Prophets, including Jesus, were all Muslims.

It seems you have been acquainted with the green monster of Meccan origin. Wink

Jesus is not the Messiah, but a Prophet.

The things you stated about Islamic teachings (allegations/conjecture) were all true, but it is not true that Islam does not identify Jesus as the Messiah/Christ.

According to the author of the Qur'an, Jesus was Christ and the only one. In the 3rd chapter of the Qur'an the title al-Masih (the Christ) is presented as a NAME of Jesus (Surah 3:45). However, Muhammad never had a chance to understand the meaning and theological implications of the word Messiah. He mistook it for an alternative name of Jesus and kept teaching that Jesus the Messiah was nothing more than a prophet (Surah 5:75).

It is a shame, a sin, that Christianity is so divided. Our missionary activity is weak, secularism has taken control, and as Christians in general, have neglected knowing our faith. I find that these Muslim preachers lack any real knowledge of Christianity or theology, but are gaining converts through ignorance, their propaganda and deceit. Yes, there are websites, including you tube videos, that dispute these charges made against Christianity, and the contradiction in the koran, but feel there should be more being done against this tide. I just wanted to bring this into the foreground.

Thanks. I definitely agree.

You may want to read my conversion testimony: http://journeytoorthodoxy.com/2010/05/12/my-conversion-from-islam-to-orthodoxy-by-masud-masihiyyen/

Peace,
Theophilos

deusveritasest
Taxiarches

Faith: None
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2011, 05:22:30 PM »

This thread is messed up...

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Phyletism Rules, OK

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2011, 05:35:29 PM »

You may want to read my conversion testimony: http://journeytoorthodoxy.com/2010/05/12/my-conversion-from-islam-to-orthodoxy-by-masud-masihiyyen/          Peace, Theophilos

Thanks very much for sharing this, Theophilos.

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
Theophilos78
Archon

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2011, 04:26:24 AM »

You may want to read my conversion testimony: http://journeytoorthodoxy.com/2010/05/12/my-conversion-from-islam-to-orthodoxy-by-masud-masihiyyen/          Peace, Theophilos

You are welcome.  Smiley

podkarpatska
Merarches

Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2011, 10:24:41 AM »

Christ is indeed Amongst Us! Thank you for sharing, I passed this along to several clergy friends of mine. God bless and protect you!
vasily

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2011, 10:36:16 AM »

In my original statement I stated the the Muslims do not believe in the Resurrection. It should have stated the "Crucifixion".  
Does anyone know if the word "Isa" is an Arabic dialect. The koran states that Isa is/means Jesus.  Arabic Christians refer to Jesus as "Yasou".
Theophilos78
Archon

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2011, 05:39:32 PM »

In my original statement I stated the the Muslims do not believe in the Resurrection. It should have stated the "Crucifixion".  
Does anyone know if the word "Isa" is an Arabic dialect. The koran states that Isa is/means Jesus.  Arabic Christians refer to Jesus as "Yasou".

In the Arabic Bible, the equivalent of the English word Jesus is Yesua.

matholomathe

Faith: yes
Jurisdiction: yes

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2011, 07:24:59 AM »

God (God Almighty) is the exclusive Creator of all that exits.
There is one God (Allah). Saviour is the Savior, miracle birth- and Muhammad (p) is his worst oracle, both of them said, "God is One and you person to copulate Him with all your heart, listen and power.
Allah reveals His 99 Glorious Attributes and does not likeness Himself to any of His beginning.
Allah created man from scuttlebutt and "in His appearance" and of "His enliven," yet God has no likeness of anything in beginning.
Architect & Eve sinned, then repented and were forgiven, with no continuing personalty on their children.
God Forgives Ecstasy and Eve after they experience. Then He makes Architect his surrogate (mohammedan) and the early seer.
Man is fundamentally honorable but prone to mistakes. Muslims who rue and submit to God are forgiven without involution from Rescuer (or anyone) required.

Links to commercial Web sites removed by moderator -PtA
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2011, 07:30:30 AM »

God (God Almighty) is the exclusive Creator of all that exits.
There is one God (Allah). Saviour is the Savior, miracle birth- and Muhammad (p) is his worst oracle, both of them said, "God is One and you person to copulate Him with all your heart, listen and power.

Woh man, I'm sorry, but I'm not copulating with God! I agree that Muhammed was a pretty crappy oracle though.  Smiley

"But science is an inferential exercise, not a catalog of facts. Numbers, by themselves, specify nothing. All depends upon what you do with them" - Stephen Jay Gould
whisperer101

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2011, 07:54:14 AM »

I would like to share my experience and I also agree that christian and islam could also be as one or be united as one. I'm in a boarding school at Turning Winds Academic institute and I had friends who are muslim and sharing thoughts about their beliefs and knowledge about koran as I also share mine as a roman catholic. We never had fights but having good discussion and sharing thoughts gives us good understanding with each other. Respect is one thing to have a good communication.

Theophilos78
Archon

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2011, 08:04:12 AM »

I would like to share my experience and I also agree that christian and islam could also be as one or be united as one.

How would that unity be established when there are fundamental differences in the theology of the two faiths?

I'm in a boarding school at Turning Winds Academic institute and I had friends who are muslim and sharing thoughts about their beliefs and knowledge about koran as I also share mine as a roman catholic. We never had fights but having good discussion and sharing thoughts gives us good understanding with each other. Respect is one thing to have a good communication.

Yes, but respect should not require concessions.

vasily

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2011, 11:26:34 AM »

To"whisperer101", there is no way Christianity and Islam can be "one". You need to seriously look at history and how Islam has spread. Ask your Muslim friends about the Trinity, Christ's Crucifixion, and whether Christ is the Son of God. Islam has absolutely no tolerance or respect for other faiths. You can find this blasphemous rhetoric against Christianity on youtube. These so-called Islamic scholars questioning Christian teachings, stating that all in the Old and New Testaments were Muslim, and spewing propaganda to the ignorant. When I first read you comment, I had a gut feeing that these Muslim "friends" of yours are playing with you.
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2011, 12:51:54 PM »

Doesn't the present pope say, plus the late one that said  we worship the same God as Islam ,, So why does anyone need to convert.... Grin
If one reads the catholic forum ,Majority catholic believe this to be true, because the popes have spoken.... Huh
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 12:59:23 PM by stashko » Logged

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Jetavan
Argumentum ad australopithecum
Taxiarches

Faith: Science to the Fourth Power
Jurisdiction: Ohayo Gozaimasu

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2011, 02:37:00 PM »

Doesn't the present pope say, plus the late one that said  we worship the same God as Islam ,, So why does anyone need to convert.... Grin
If one reads the catholic forum ,Majority catholic believe this to be true, because the popes have spoken.... Huh
One could argue that Muslims and Christians worship the same God, but that doesn't mean that Muslims worship God correctly.

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
vasily

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2011, 07:29:00 AM »

I highly recommend the following books on the subject of Islam.

Facing Islam- By Ralph H. Sidway- Kalyve of Blessed Seraphim Press- Louisville KY.
The Great Divide- By Alvin J Schmidt- Regina Orthodox Press
Religion of Peace- By Gregory M. Davis- World Ahead Publishing Inc.

I t is time to realize that Islam is not a religion of peace, that Muhammad is not a prophet, and that the Koran is full of discrepancies, is inaccurate, and not historically based. Christians must teach the true Word of God to all. This is the only way to correct any misconceptions and inaccuracies that exist in the Koran concerning Christianity. For instance, the Koran states that Christ was not Crucified. Christ's Crucifixion is historically recorded. These books will educate and enlighten those who think Islam is related to Judaism and Christianity.
recent convert
Orthodox Chrisitan
OC.net guru

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian (N.A.)

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2011, 09:35:47 AM »

Facing Islam- By Ralph H. Sidway- Kalyve of Blessed Seraphim Press- Louisville KY.

I t is time to realize that Islam is not a religion of peace, that Muhammad is not a prophet, and that the Koran is full of discrepancies, is inaccurate, and not historically based. Christians must teach the true Word of God to all. This is the only way to correct any misconceptions and inaccuracies that exist in the Koran concerning Christianity. For instance, the Koran states that Christ was not Crucified. Christ's Crucifixion is historically recorded. These books will educate and enlighten those who think Islam is related to Judaism and Christianity.

I would also recommend reading Milestones  (1964) by Seyyid (spellings of 1st name vary) Qutb who was a very learned intellectual prominent in the Moslem Brotherhood, implicated (but may not have been complicit) in a plot to kill Nassar in the 1960s, & executed. His influence is probably strong in among certain circles in the current Egypt revolution. Although someone like Qutb might prefer non violence, the Koranic concept (he preaches & probably what is) of jihad for sharia transcends human notions that might be obstacles to it since all of mankind is in bondage otherwise, usually by other human systems that are in opposition to Allah. ................   Did not mean to bold print post after the title since I had taken off bolds & they were not on my screen when I was posting from that point on ... oh well.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 09:47:07 AM by recent convert » Logged

Antiochian OC N.A.
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2011, 02:40:27 PM »

I would also recommend reading Milestones  (1964) by Seyyid (spellings of 1st name vary) Qutb who was a very learned intellectual prominent in the Moslem Brotherhood, implicated (but may not have been complicit) in a plot to kill Nassar in the 1960s, & executed. His influence is probably strong in among certain circles in the current Egypt revolution. Although someone like Qutb might prefer non violence, the Koranic concept (he preaches & probably what is) of jihad for sharia transcends human notions that might be obstacles to it since all of mankind is in bondage otherwise, usually by other human systems that are in opposition to Allah. ................   Did not mean to bold print post after the title since I had taken off bolds & they were not on my screen when I was posting from that point on ... oh well.

Qutb preferring non-violence?  Not according to this book:  http://www.amazon.com/Revenge-Prophet-Vojin-Joksimovich/dp/1928653235

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
carrickfergus

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Patriarchate of Antioch & All the East

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2011, 12:49:22 AM »

Christ's Holy Church and Her Mission to the World

St. Tikhon's Orthodox Theological Seminary Annual Fall Lecture Series comes

to the Greater Philadelphia Area

"Islam and Christianity"

Lecture by Father Daniel Byantoro

Come hear a leading apologist

for Christianity in Indonesia

Sunday, 5pm

October 11, 2009

at St. Stephen's Orthodox Cathedral,

8598 Veree Road, Phila PA 19111 215-745-3232

====================

Orthodoc

I recommend the book called "The Debate Between Father George, A Simonist Monk and three Muslim Scholar Sheikhs in the Presence of Prince Moshammar al-Ayyubi" if any of you can find it. I have it and it's only 93 pages so not very long, but it is really great debate when comparing Orthodoxy to Islam.

Asalaama!  Smiley

أيها الرب يسوع المسيح ابن الله, إرحمني أنا الخاطئ
უფალო იესუ ქრისტე, ძეო ღმრთისაო, შემიწყალე მე ცოდვილი.
carrickfergus

« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2011, 12:53:36 AM »

Isa is classical quranic arabic for Jesus. Yasou is Christian form in arabic. There are many places and people that have different names for christians than for muslims. This might interest you:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_terms_in_Arabic

vasily

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2011, 05:48:33 PM »

The Qur'an's Isa is not a historical figure. Jesus' mother tongue was Aramaic. In His lifetime he was called Yeshua in Aramaic, and Jesu in Greek.Arab speaking Christians refer to Jesus as Yasou. Jesus of Nazatreth was never called Isa. Isa's message in the Koran is pure Islam, surrender to Allah. Isa will have an important role in the end of times,establishing Islam and making war until he destroys all religions save Islam. Isa's identity and role as a prophet of Islam is based solely on supposed revelations to Muhammad over a half of a millennium after the Jesus of history lived and died.

The books that I have previously recommended discuss this and many other topics concerning the fallacies of Islam. The world is currently under dhimmitude, as soon as they become a majority, shari'a law is set in place, and the final takeover is completed. One book, Facing Islam, calls Islam the anti-Christ.

There are those who are out to teach the true Word of Christianity, with love and peace. Father Zakaria Botros, an elderly Coptic Orthodox priest, who is one of the most wanted infidels.He has a tv program that ha become a "must see" throughout the Muslim world. Archimandrite Daniel Byantoro, a convert to Orthodox from Islam, who heads the Orthodox mission in Indonesia. Priest martyr Daniil of Moscow, who went out to preach to the Muslim community.

Support and prayers must be given to these individuals that," They may come to know Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit." St. Silouan the Anthonite.
carrickfergus

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2011, 12:59:24 AM »

The Qur'an's Isa is not a historical figure. Jesus' mother tongue was Aramaic. In His lifetime he was called Yeshua in Aramaic, and Jesu in Greek.Arab speaking Christians refer to Jesus as Yasou. Jesus of Nazatreth was never called Isa. Isa's message in the Koran is pure Islam, surrender to Allah. Isa will have an important role in the end of times,establishing Islam and making war until he destroys all religions save Islam. Isa's identity and role as a prophet of Islam is based solely on supposed revelations to Muhammad over a half of a millennium after the Jesus of history lived and died.

The books that I have previously recommended discuss this and many other topics concerning the fallacies of Islam. The world is currently under dhimmitude, as soon as they become a majority, shari'a law is set in place, and the final takeover is completed. One book, Facing Islam, calls Islam the anti-Christ.

There are those who are out to teach the true Word of Christianity, with love and peace. Father Zakaria Botros, an elderly Coptic Orthodox priest, who is one of the most wanted infidels.He has a tv program that ha become a "must see" throughout the Muslim world. Archimandrite Daniel Byantoro, a convert to Orthodox from Islam, who heads the Orthodox mission in Indonesia. Priest martyr Daniil of Moscow, who went out to preach to the Muslim community.

Support and prayers must be given to these individuals that," They may come to know Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit." St. Silouan the Anthonite.

Good point. Jesus was not known by the Arabs until after his death and resurrection.  Smiley

And I like Fr. Zakaria Botros's show very much. A friend of mine from Romania showed it to me and he is very good at putting all Islam on the table to compare with Christianity... the true religion.

My favorite episode was the one on abrogations (naskh) in the Qur'an. I'm not sure if we can post links to youtube here, but I will post link. If this is problem or something, I apologize and everyone that want to watch can just look it up on youtube. It has title: ISLAM - Is the koran a Holy Book ? Shocking analysis about - quran sura, muhammad ! Part 1 / 3 and is posted by user TrickorDeceit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spM0uyTFlc4

Please enjoy, have a blessed Lent, and asalaama!  Smiley

recent convert
Orthodox Chrisitan
OC.net guru

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian (N.A.)

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2011, 07:35:11 AM »

Qutb preferring non-violence?  Not according to this book:  http://www.amazon.com/Revenge-Prophet-Vojin-Joksimovich/dp/1928653235
I do not doubt this as to how he would have applied jihad. On the other hand,I think my concern arose from the fact that he may not have been actually guilty of plotting to kill Nassar by assassination and was executed on that charge. I have little use for Qutb or his religion but if he was not guilty of the specific charge he was executed by it would still be a soul condemned to death unjustly.

Antiochian OC N.A.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: