OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 16, 2014, 07:54:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Wonder Years  (Read 7129 times) Average Rating: 0
coptic orthodox boy
Elder

« on: October 02, 2009, 01:21:26 AM »

I understand why this show isn't on DVD, but I am dying to watch this show from beginning to end.  ***sigh*** why isn't TV Land or Nick at Night playing this show?  It makes me want to cry Cry.  That is all.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 02:16:03 AM »

Have you tried hulu.com or any other TV archive site?

Wonder Years is out of syndication.  Some of the talent continue to earn a living with other projects (e.g. Alley Mills on The Bold and the Beautiful).

Good luck.   Smiley
coptic orthodox boy
Elder

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 10:19:21 AM »

Yeah, I tried hulu as well as other websites.  No luck Cry
jckstraw72
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 07:34:17 PM »

my friend downloaded them all (not sure where from) and burned them all for me. i just finished the series about a month ago. what a great show! so you could try downloading them, but actually it prolly aint legal.
coptic orthodox boy
Elder

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 08:44:38 PM »

It's a crime that this show hasn't yet been released (officially) onto dvd.  If only I was the president of this country, I'd use my powers to make this available to the public lol.
But really, how much does a box set of a single season of a television show cost?  On the average 35 dollars or so?  Sell each box set for 40 dollars each (with the original Motown hits), with 5 dollars going to the music owners; problem solved.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 10:38:19 PM »

The actors have to agree to divide the profits.  Wonder Years existed before Internet and DVD sales.  Modern TV shows do not have that problem for the actors already agree to receive a slice of DVD sales.  Fred Savage and the Math Professor (one who played Winnie) want their cut of DVD sales and they have been able to stop the DVDs from being made.

I think the original Beverly Hills 90210 had DVD sales which shut out the original actors from receiving proceeds.
alexp4uni
Site Supporter
Elder

Faith: kinda practicing theist
Jurisdiction: ecumenical kind

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 12:56:01 AM »

Also copyrighted songs that helped those classic segues into Kevin's maturity wanted their share as well.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 12:56:19 AM by alexp4uni » Logged
Nyssa The Hobbit
Used to be OrthodoxFairyQueen
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian as of 1/10/09
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 02:17:01 AM »

Whatever happened to just turning on the TV at any time day or night and finding all sorts of old shows?  You'd think with all these cable stations (and TVLand and Nick At Nite), anything you wanted would be easy to find.... Oh, Dobie Gillis and the brides of Seattle, how badly do I miss you....

Author of "Tojet" (fantasy) and "The Lighthouse" (Gothic), info available at my website URL.
coptic orthodox boy
Elder

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 08:00:33 AM »

SolEX01

lol, Danica McKellar is such a hottie; having a mathematical theorem named after you is so sexy (though I believe she just has a BS, not a Masters or Dcotorate - I don't believe she is a professor).
SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 01:15:23 PM »

SolEX01

lol, Danica McKellar is such a hottie; having a mathematical theorem named after you is so sexy (though I believe she just has a BS, not a Masters or Dcotorate - I don't believe she is a professor).

Thanks.  My bad.  Danica has a BS in Math from UCLA.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: