OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 21, 2014, 04:18:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PRAYERS FOR THE REPOSE OF OUR DEAR BROTHER  (Read 9838 times) Average Rating: 0
gregory2
Elder

Most Holy Theotokos, Save Us!

« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2003, 11:33:53 PM »

SS Peter & Paul Russian Orthodox Church in Springfield, Mass., has a nice website which I visited today in his honor.  I'm sure the priest would happily accept e-mails or phone calls concerning the specifics of the cemetery, etc.  As I live across the country, I won't be able to stop by.  It's still a shock to think that someone you had been communicating with on-line is now passed on.

Does anyone know what he died from?

"Anything that is worth accomplishing cannot be accomplished in a lifetime." - the Holy Fathers
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2003, 11:45:54 PM »

If you guys take up a collection I'm in, I wish I could be there.

I usally log on early in the AM but this morning I was at the hospital for the birth of my 6th grandchild Michael, and was happy till I logged on when I got home and BAM, instant tears.

Its been both a happy and sad day.

Adios,  my Polish brother till we meet.

james
« Last Edit: December 05, 2003, 01:20:38 AM by Jakub » Logged

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2003, 12:45:30 AM »

I have not been able to stop thinking about our brother's passing.

It's snowing here: cold, quiet, white, sad.

I guess I should be happy for John. He is with our Lord Jesus Christ.

But what a hole in this place he has left.

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
NDHoosier

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Bulgarian Patriarchate

Exiled from God's Country (North Dakota)

« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2003, 02:39:42 AM »

Blessed repose and memoryn eternal!

I had only a limited communication with John, but the few I had were entirely charitable and uplifting.

:-";"xx

There ain't a horse that can't be rode, and there ain't a rider that can't be throwed.
Amadeus
Elder

I'm a llama!

« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2003, 11:26:09 AM »

Dear Friends:

It was posted earlier (in the other board) that the immediate cause of John's demise was myocardial infarction, i.e., heart attack.

The attending physician said that symptoms to John's heart condition did not manifest themselves anytime during his treatment for pneumonia.

But at his age, this should have been ruled out during the treatment of the current illness, where an intensive regimen of anti-biotics is the order of the day.

I was hospitalized for a severe case of pneumonia about 2 years ago and the emergency physician, who recommended my in-patient admission, heeded the plea of my wife (who is a physician herself) to rule out the onset of myocardial infarction due to my age, lifestyle, and eating habits.   (No heart condition but found out I was Type 2 diabetic!)

John's death particularly reminds me of the finiteness of it all.  I am close to his age (just 6 years "younger'") and I am dumbfounded. Last January I lost a close friend, a year younger than me,  in L.A.  to heart attack!

Hypo-Ortho is simply too young to go! May he rest in peace.

Amado
« Last Edit: December 05, 2003, 11:27:32 AM by Amadeus » Logged
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2003, 03:21:34 PM »

Friends,

I did some detective work.  I had to balance myself--if John's priest and community did not know anything about this, then it is not my right to further spread one-sided information.  So I beat around the bush.  From my investigation:

1) Michael exists
2) John did die at his computer
3) John's priest did not know Michael
4) John's priest says that John was a faithful Orthodox Christian who did participate fully in the life of the Church.

Let's leave it at that, ok?

Dustin
« Last Edit: December 05, 2003, 03:22:37 PM by anastasios » Logged

Please Buy My Book!

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodo
JoeS
(aka StMarkEofE)
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: OCA

Global Warming Enthusiast.

« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2003, 03:39:25 PM »

I so sorry to hear of our brother's passing.  He along with his posts will be sorely missed.  So sudden, and so sad.
May he rest eternally in God's Love.
JoeS   :'(
TonyS
High Elder

« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2003, 03:54:42 PM »

Friends,

I did some detective work.  I had to balance myself--if John's priest and community did not know anything about this, then it is not my right to further spread one-sided information.  So I beat around the bush.  From my investigation:

1) Michael exists
2) John did die at his computer
3) John's priest did not know Michael
4) John's priest says that John was a faithful Orthodox Christian who did participate fully in the life of the Church.

Dustin

Did I miss something?  All of a sudden all this is introduced apparently from another board.  Were some posts deleted or something?  I am not on this all day to see what happens, just checking in like this I can't see any segue into this...

Huh

Let's leave it at that, ok?  Leave what?  Prayers for the dead?  I know I am clueless but this is worse than usual!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2003, 03:56:26 PM by TonyS » Logged

Tómame como al tequila, de un golpe y sin pensarlo. - Ricardo Arjona

I'd be a fool to surrender when I know I can be a contender
and if everbody's a sinner then everybody can be a winner
I'll see you when yo
Bogoliubtsy
Archon

« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2003, 04:07:55 PM »

Dustin

Agreed. I only knew John online, and only barely in that respect. Still, from all accounts he was a good, honest, kind-hearted, God-loving, struggling Orthodox Christian. End of story. The rest is inconsequential, and shouldn't be of too much concern for anyone besides John and God...especially at this point. Please forgive me if I'm speaking too strongly, as I know many here knew him very well and these "questions" probably seem more startling to them.

In Christ,
Peter Hatala

"When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist". - Archbishop Hélder Pessoa Câmara
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2003, 05:00:58 PM »

Tony,

Someone posted information from the other board here. There were about 10 posts on this thread.  I verified some information then deleted the posts.

Sorry to confuse,

anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodo
gregory2
Elder

Most Holy Theotokos, Save Us!

« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2003, 05:48:49 PM »

Vicki & Amadeus,

Thanks for posting information concering the medical reasons behind his death.  I am an internal medicine resident and am thus interested in that sort of thing.  I sincerely hope that it wasn't negligence that caused the pneumonia to go untreated and/or missing the MI.

"Anything that is worth accomplishing cannot be accomplished in a lifetime." - the Holy Fathers
Deacon Lance
Archon

Faith: Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction: Archeparchy of Pittsburgh

Liturgy at Mt. St. Macrina Pilgrimage

« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2003, 08:44:24 PM »

Friends,

My apologies.  My post was simply to convey information received on the byzcath forum about John's passing that I thought his friends would find comforting.  I did not read anything into the post as it seems some did.  The post has been edited at byzcath so perhaps there was a misunderstanding.  In anycase I feel bad that some were disturbed.  As Anastasios says John's priest declared him a faithful Orthodox Christian and I believe all who knew him or corresponded with him would say the same.
Eternal Memory to the Servant of God John.

My cromulent posts embiggen this forum.
Ben
Unabashedly Pro-Life
OC.net guru

« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2003, 11:21:38 PM »

Wow..this is shocking...I really didn't know him but it is still very sad!

He will be in all my prayers.

"I prefer to be accused unjustly, for then I have nothing to reproach myself with, and joyfully offer this to the good Lord. Then I humble myself at the thought that I am indeed capable of doing the thing of which I have been accused. " - Saint
sinjinsmythe
High Elder

« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2003, 02:31:12 AM »

Memory Eternal John.

I am very sad to hear this news.

Life is just one disappointment after another.
irishorthodox

St. Padraig

« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2003, 02:07:59 AM »

MEMORY ETERNAL, JOHN!

We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.   Robert Wilensky
Know the difference between success and fame.
AlaskanOrthodox

Orthodoxy is Life

« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2003, 12:53:33 AM »

Slava Isusu Christu!

John was truly a servant of Christ!  Memory Eternal! Memory Eternal! Memory Eternal!

In Christ,

Alexis
gbmtmas

« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2003, 09:29:29 AM »

I am quite saddened to hear this :'(.  I enjoyed reading Hypo-Orthodox's posts, and found them quite educational.  May the Lord remember him in his kingdom always, now and ever, and unto ages of ages.  Amen.

Vichnaya pamyat!
Memory Eternal!

gbmtmas

+God Be Merciful To Me A Sinner (GBMTMAS)+
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: