OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 01, 2014, 07:56:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wearing Saints Bracelets  (Read 3966 times) Average Rating: 0
Rosehip
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

« on: September 27, 2009, 03:01:11 PM »

What do you think about Orthodox Christians wearing these bracelets? You can find them almost anywhere and they are very cheap, and sort of neat, albeit on the tacky side. I see a lot of RCs wearing them. I've considered buying one numerous times, but then I always cop out because the images seem undeniably RC in nature.

+ Our dear sister Martha (Rosehip) passed away on Dec 20, 2010.  May her memory be eternal! +
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 03:08:14 PM »

Fullnessofthefaith.com has Orthodox Icon bracelets:
http://store.fullnessofthefaith.com/index.php/Bracelets/View-all-products.html

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Rosehip
Archon

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 03:12:00 PM »

Ah! Neat! Now that's more like it! I like them a lot! But, I notice they are much more pricey than the RC bracelets (not surprising). Sad

Thanks, ozgeorge, for the link!

+ Our dear sister Martha (Rosehip) passed away on Dec 20, 2010.  May her memory be eternal! +
GammaRay
The Awful Preacher
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Greek

Alexandros Papadiamantis

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 04:00:04 PM »

That's just too much.

Though I've walked the valley of the shadow of the death, I've fallen not. Not completely. Not yet.
Andrew21091
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 04:56:38 PM »

What's wrong with a prayer rope? I don't like those icon braclets since it seems like making Orthodoxy into a fad. That's my opinion at least. When wearing a prayer rope though, I really hate when people wear it just to wear it so if it's worn, it should be used.
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 05:10:05 PM »

Festal Creations has icon bracelets made of hematite.  I hear they are getting (or perhaps already have) wooden ones.  The icons are Orthodox, and the prices are very reasonable.  I discussed the hematite ones here:

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,19341.0.html

This is their website:

http://www.festalcreations.com/

The website has not been updated in a long time, so the bracelets won't be on it.  But if you e-mail them, they'll e-mail, or traditionally mail, flyers to you with info about the bracelets.

Rosehip
Archon

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 05:33:20 PM »

Thanks, Salpy! I just read your thread-for some reason I had missed it.

Pilgrim
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Inquirer
Jurisdiction: Holy Orthodoxy

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2009, 06:48:36 PM »

What about medals, also worn by RC's. I have blessed medals of St Peter and St. Paul, and St. Christopher from my trip to Rome, as well as an Our Lady of Zarazoga rosary from Zarazoga, Spain (The Virgin was supposed to have appeared on a Pillar to St. James the Apostle).

Heavenly King, Comforter, Spirit of Truth help us to walk the way of Life, which is Christ Jesus.

St. Cyril, St. Leo, and St. Severus pray that the Church may be united and one, Eastern and Oriental.St. Issac the Syrian, pray that Assyria would return to the Holy Church. St. Gregory, pray for Rom
Rosehip
Archon

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2009, 06:58:01 PM »

I've noticed quite a few people from my church wearing medals on their necklaces (of the Theotokos, I think). I don't really care for it for some reason (not sure why). I rather like these bracelets, but am still a bit undecided about them even.

Ionnis
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2009, 07:13:20 PM »

I can't believe how expensive the Orthodox version of these bracelets are!  Here in Los Angeles, you can get Roman Catholic ones for 99 cents (wood) or the hematite ones for less than five bucks. 

"If you cannot find Christ in the beggar at the church door, you will not find Him in the chalice.”  -The Divine John Chrysostom

“Till we can become divine, we must be content to be human, lest in our hurry for change we sink to something lower.” -Anthony Trollope
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2009, 08:04:47 PM »

The Festal Creation ones are less than five dollars.  If I recall correctly, the hematite ones are about $2.50 each, less if you buy in quantity, like for a church bookstore.  I don't know about the wooden ones, but the guy who runs Festal Creations tends to keep the prices very low.  I think it's more of a ministry for him than a business.

Ionnis
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2009, 08:08:07 PM »

The Festal Creation ones are less than five dollars.  If I recall correctly, the hematite ones are about $2.50 each, less if you buy in quantity, like for a church bookstore.  I don't know about the wooden ones, but the guy who runs Festal Creations tends to keep the prices very low.  I think it's more of a ministry for him than a business.

That's great, Salpy.  Thanks for the info.  I'm definitely going to contact him. 

"If you cannot find Christ in the beggar at the church door, you will not find Him in the chalice.”  -The Divine John Chrysostom

“Till we can become divine, we must be content to be human, lest in our hurry for change we sink to something lower.” -Anthony Trollope
Tags: jewelry icons saints bookstore 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: