OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 25, 2014, 08:23:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: heaven, eternal joy, happiness  (Read 680 times) Average Rating: 0
PavelSim

Faith: christian

« on: September 25, 2009, 04:06:42 PM »

Hallo all. I always divided questions related to Christianity to more important and less important in the process of accepting certain truth absolute or relative. I am again drawn to ask questions related to so called eternity or heaven.
1) How could I be happy eternally in eternity in the so called heaven in case I know that certain beings suffer in so called hell in eternity. Is not this a bit perverse happiness?
2) If my conscience was created according to God and even in case that my conscience is fallen why my conscience shouts it is not fair deal.
3) Why the deal is done in a way that we live in material world  for specific time and have limited chances in time and space to receive Jesus and sin. Our results in limited times span are finite sins for biggest sinners and finite sanctification for best saints. Why the finite achieving in finite time periods are rewarded in strict duality by eternal happiness and eternal suffering.
4) Why we are forced to be better than God in the following way - we are forced to forgive the biggest sins against us and bless those who sin against us. But at the end these people are rewarded by hell.
5) Why the God is so revenge oriented if His primary feature is Love?
6) Why in the Revelation the Saints shout to God. When you end up these abominations and sins and do you revenge the blood we lost? Is it christian?
7) Why if the creations was perfect in the beginning the invisible world was already divide dualistically after Satan and his angels fall? Why God used these evil beings to influence innocent and naive people? Why he played chess with Satan with Job destiny - it was a bit good luck that he did not end up in the mental hospital. Why Jesus asked father that Peter and rest do not lose belief because Satan asked God that he can somehow aggressively influence the believers? Why God with Satan both in the invisible world play chess with naive, dummy people.
Thomas
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 04:13:03 PM »

How do we know who ends up in Hell. We do not judge. We love for  we have been toldf that if we love and are merciful that is how we will be judged at the last judgement. As that judgement has not yet happened, we do not know who will be in Hell or in Heaven but trust to the mercy of the Most Holy Trinity to save us and others. By forgiving others we do not judge them and without that negative judgement from us who knows that yet they may repent and be part of the kingdom in the end.

Thomas

Your brother in Christ ,
Thomas
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 04:16:38 PM »

God doesn't use the "evil beings" to tempt humanity.

God wishes for the salvation of all mankind.

The rules have been given to all.  If they follow them and God deems them worthy, then hopefully they will be saved.

Remember, God will judge, not us.  Who are we to judge what God does?

Therefore, if you feel so strongly about saving everyone else, do your part to encourage them and support them in the Faith.  Help them while they are here, on earth, to attain salvation.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
GammaRay
The Awful Preacher
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek

Alexandros Papadiamantis

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 06:18:15 PM »

Well, well. Hello again. Smiley
Those are very interesting questions and you better bet that I once had them myself. Maybe I still do!
I'm not a theologian (yet Cheesy), but I'll try my best to help you and, consequently, help me. Wink

1) How could I be happy eternally in eternity in the so called heaven in case I know that certain beings suffer in so called hell in eternity. Is not this a bit perverse happiness?
I don't know. What is Hell like? Huh

2) If my conscience was created according to God and even in case that my conscience is fallen why my conscience shouts it is not fair deal.
It's not just your conscience that was God-given, but also the blessing/curse of free will.

3) Why the deal is done in a way that we live in material world  for specific time and have limited chances in time and space to receive Jesus and sin.
Well, God's plan was for humans to live eternally on the material world. See, humans are the only beings who are both linked directly to God and the material plane and thus they are the ultimate chain-link in God's Creation.

4) Why we are forced to be better than God in the following way - we are forced to forgive the biggest sins against us and bless those who sin against us. But at the end these people are rewarded by hell.
Sorry, I can't get what you mean. What's your Hell about? Undecided

5) Why the God is so revenge oriented if His primary feature is Love?
Where is He so revenge-oriented? Huh

6) Why in the Revelation the Saints shout to God. When you end up these abominations and sins and do you revenge the blood we lost? Is it christian?
I think that since Revelation is a vision, we must be careful with it and not just take everything literally. And, I don't think that we revenge any lost blood...to be honest, I didn't get that question.

7) Why if the creations was perfect in the beginning the invisible world was already divide dualistically after Satan and his angels fall? Why God used these evil beings to influence innocent and naive people? Why he played chess with Satan with Job destiny - it was a bit good luck that he did not end up in the mental hospital. Why Jesus asked father that Peter and rest do not lose belief because Satan asked God that he can somehow aggressively influence the believers? Why God with Satan both in the invisible world play chess with naive, dummy people.
I don't believe that Creation had ever been perfect, but only very good. But it sure is perfect-able. Wink
As for Job, do you believe that God didn't know it? Why would He ever let such a burden to a man who cannot lift it? It all worked out in the end anyway, so?

Though I've walked the valley of the shadow of the death, I've fallen not. Not completely. Not yet.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: