OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 22, 2014, 08:03:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orthodoxy in Thailand  (Read 509 times) Average Rating: 0
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« on: October 11, 2009, 09:16:41 PM »

Celebrations to mark the 10th anniversary of Orthodox in Thailand

http://www.mospat.ru/en/2009/10/10/news6285/

10.10.2009 · DECR Chairman, The Far Abroad 

His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia has approved the date and program of celebrations to mark the 10th anniversary of Orthodoxy in Thailand. The festivities will take place from December 18 to 28, 2009, the Orthodox Church in Thailand website has reported.

A church delegation from Russia will be led by Archbishop Hilarion of Volokolamsk, chairman of the Moscow Patriarchate department for external church relations. It will include Archbishop Ioann of Belgorod and Stary Oskol, chairman of the Moscow Patriarchate mission department, Archpriest Dionisy Pozdnyaev, rector of Orthodox parishes in China, Archpriest Alexy Trubach, rector of the Church of the Holy Trinity in Ulan-Bator, Mongolia, and others.

The choir of the Moscow Patriarchate publishing board, conducted by Daniel Sayapin, will sing during the festive divine services.

Rev. Daniel Vanna, chairman of the Orthodox Church Foundation in Thailand, has notified the Russian Orthodox Church representation in Thailand that Her Royal Highness Princess Som Sawali will take part in the celebrations. Ambassadors of Orthodox countries accredited in the kingdom are also expected to attend.

DECR Communication Service
Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 09:30:02 PM »

Is this Orthodox presence in the process of translating the services and the Septuagint into the native languages?  Are they actively evangelizing the non-Christians of Thailand?

I don't ask to be critical, I just don't understand how the Orthodox go about reaching the world.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 09:30:38 PM by Alveus Lacuna » Logged
CCTE

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Romanian Patriarchate

Patriarch Daniel

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 01:18:00 AM »

Is this Orthodox presence in the process of translating the services and the Septuagint into the native languages?  Are they actively evangelizing the non-Christians of Thailand?

I don't ask to be critical, I just don't understand how the Orthodox go about reaching the world.
Feel free to check: http://www.orthodox.or.th/index.php?lang=en
They translated the Divine Liturgy into Thai language. It is a growing church and a good missionary activity

Sorry if my English is not perfect
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: