OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 28, 2014, 01:33:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scriptural Proof: Mary is Not the Mother of God  (Read 32890 times) Average Rating: 0
irishorthodox

St. Padraig

« Reply #135 on: August 13, 2013, 11:23:44 AM »

2natures; one person Who is fully man, fully God.
The term is not apocrypha but deuterocanon (spell)
True Theotokos we magnify thee
The Son is eternally begotten of the Father and has always existed but is not fragmented as a manufactured machine with one part made in China and another in USA and later assembled. 
One person; two natures
While his human nature came from Mary, it would be wrong to say she gave birth to the man but not the Devine.  She gave birth to our LORD God the Son and is TRUE Theotokos.
You know part of this is indeed beyond my understanding, but for me to utter that is moronic, for God is infinite for me to imply that I could completely understand God would be hyperbolic huberous.
I have a big problem with the Scholastic Movement for this reason. Instead many mystical truths must be accepted without complete understanding.  This where obedience comes in.  I am wary of complex explanations of mystical truths. Truth may evade us but when it is reveled it is as obvious ,simple, straight forward as the sun on a clear October morning.

We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.   Robert Wilensky
Know the difference between success and fame.
JoeS2
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic by choice
Jurisdiction: OCA

St. Mark Defender of the true Faith (old CAF guy)

« Reply #136 on: August 13, 2013, 11:23:52 AM »

Embarrassed My bad.
Well, Mary gave birth to Christ. Yes only to his human nature but tell me... Are His natures split? Cool

God became flesh at the Annunciation. Flesh and Spirit are God in this case. Ergo, Mary is the Mother of God.  Christ is both flesh and spirit as we speak. They are inseparable.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 11:24:20 AM by JoeS2 » Logged
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Nazarenes

« Reply #137 on: August 13, 2013, 11:24:36 AM »

Embarrassed My bad.
Well, Mary gave birth to Christ. Yes only to his human nature but tell me... Are His natures split? Cool

No, she did not give birth only to the human nature.  The human nature derives only from her, but she gave birth to the one person, Christ.    

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
Nikolaos Greek
Last among equals

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of Greece

« Reply #138 on: August 13, 2013, 04:17:11 PM »

Oh I am sorry I didn't know that. Thanks for informing me. I thought that she gave birth only to the human nature of Christ his body and soul.
Thanks for drawing me away from this heretic mistake  angel

God is Love.
Ό Θεός ἀγάπη ἐστί.
There is no luck, there is no fate. There are always two ways. One is God's and one is devil's. And in each step of your life you have to pick one, always.
xOrthodox4Christx
Warned
Archon

Faith: Protestant (Inquirer)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Christianity

« Reply #139 on: August 13, 2013, 04:21:16 PM »

Who birthed Christ then if St. Mary didn't? Did Christ just poof into existence?*

*As a human being, that is.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 04:22:43 PM by xOrthodox4Christx » Logged

“We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge, governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.” (Chris Hedges)
Tags: Theotokos Nestorius nestorian nestorianism heresy 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: