Author Topic: Prayer rope with martyria  (Read 3759 times)

Offline searn77

• St. Philaret (Voznesensky) of New York
Prayer rope with martyria
« on: August 13, 2009, 09:01:31 PM »
I didn't know exactly where to put this on the forums so I hope I have it in the right place. Does anyone know where to get a prayer rope with martyria on it? I have read in a few places that martyria are "strings attached to the prayer rope with moveable beads to keep track of the hundreds of times the prayer is recited." I have looked all over the internet and I couldn't find anyplace where they sold prayer ropes with this on it or even seen any pictures of prayer ropes with a martyria. I'm kind of looking for a 100 knot prayer rope with the knots spread apart so I can keep my place with my finger and not have to use my finger nail to keep place. Or I wouldn't mind using beads either. And if it had two martyria on it that would be great. Does anyone know where to look or who to ask for one? Thanks
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 09:04:31 PM by searn77 »
Let us the faithful now come together to praise our father, protector and teacher the pillar of the Orthodox faith and firm defender of piety even the wondrous hierarch Philaret and let us glorify our Saviour Who has granted us his incorrupt relics as a manifest sign of his sanctity.

Offline searn77

• St. Philaret (Voznesensky) of New York
Re: Prayer rope with martyria
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 09:19:27 PM »
In case anyone was interested, I just found out that St. Paisius Orthodox monastery in Safford, AZ makes prayer ropes and martyria to sell. Their martyria has 20 small black onyx beads and is strung on a loop so that you can easily loop it onto any prayer rope. And it costs $5. It turns out they were the ones who made me my first prayer rope a while ago which was a 50 knot black wool one with a cross and tassel and it was great quality. If anyone is interested, they have some sample pictures of prayer ropes on their website but not of the martyria.
Let us the faithful now come together to praise our father, protector and teacher the pillar of the Orthodox faith and firm defender of piety even the wondrous hierarch Philaret and let us glorify our Saviour Who has granted us his incorrupt relics as a manifest sign of his sanctity.