OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 26, 2014, 09:59:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Glorification of Admiral Kolchak.  (Read 598 times) Average Rating: 0
Robb
OC.net guru

Faith: RC
Jurisdiction: Italian Catholic

« on: September 20, 2009, 01:16:22 AM »

Is there a movement within the Russian Orthodox Church to glorify Admiral Kolchak, the leader of the White army in Siberia who was executed by the reads in 1920?

Has this glorification already occurred within ROCOR (when they glorified thousands of new martyrs in 1981)?

Just curious.  For those who don't know, Kolchak is my new avatar.  I'm currently doing a lot of research on him, especially his White army time.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 01:17:21 AM by Robb » Logged

Men may dislike truth, men may find truth offensive and inconvenient, men may persecute the truth, subvert it, try by law to suppress it. But to maintain that men have the final power over truth is blasphemy, and the last delusion. Truth lives forever, men do not.
-- Gustave Flaubert
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 01:38:38 AM »

Is there a movement within the Russian Orthodox Church to glorify Admiral Kolchak, the leader of the White army in Siberia who was executed by the reads in 1920?

Has this glorification already occurred within ROCOR (when they glorified thousands of new martyrs in 1981)?

Just curious.  For those who don't know, Kolchak is my new avatar.  I'm currently doing a lot of research on him, especially his White army time.

Why would there be a movement to glorify him as a saint?  I'm not trying to be controversial.  I've just never heard of the man and know even less of the holiness of his way of life and death.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: