OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 22, 2014, 05:50:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting Videos off of a DVD and onto an iPod  (Read 969 times) Average Rating: 0
Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

« on: September 14, 2009, 10:24:02 PM »

I would like to transfer a video from a DVD to my iPod, and I have no idea how to do this.  I know there is some way to isolate and transfer the video files, but I have no idea what I am doing.  If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.
jnorm888
Jnorm
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Icon and Cross (international space station)

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 10:34:24 PM »

I don't know about Ipod's but the sofware I like is "Movavi video converter 8"

It can pretty much do anything.

ICXC NIKA

"loving one's enemies does not mean loving wickedness, ungodliness, adultery, or theft. Rather, it means loving the theif, the ungodly, and the adulterer." Clement of Alexandria 195 A.D.

http://ancientchristiandefender.blogspot.com/
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 01:30:18 AM »

What OS?

FormatFactory works for Windows, Handbreak for mac, MEncoder for Linux.

Pretty much find a programme that will rip a DVD and convert it to MPEG-4 Video and AAC Audio.

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 01:34:11 AM »

Windows XP.  I have no idea what I am doing.  I need links and idiot-proof instructions, otherwise I will likely light myself on fire by accident.
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 01:42:16 AM »

Install:  DVD43 (Decrypt DVD), FormatFactory.

Start up DVD43, put in DVD, in start bar after DVD is decrypted you will see a green smilie face, start up FormatFactory, under Video click 'all to mobile device', etc.  I don't have a Windows machine on hand, so I am not sure how the latest versions of FormatFactory might look.

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: