OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 16, 2014, 12:26:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the Greater Threat to Christianity: Islam or Secularism?  (Read 4281 times) Average Rating: 0
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

Faith: None
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2009, 11:16:25 PM »

Re-interpreting christian teaching is the main problem we see in modern times. Re-interpreting christian teaching is what caused alot of protestant groups to accept women priests and Bishops, it is the reason why many protestant groups are embracing pro-homosexual lifestyle clergy, before I left the ECUSA, some of the liberals I was arguing with hinted at the idea that homosexual relations was holy before God. Now some are actually saying that.

Oh brother.  Roll Eyes

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2009, 11:18:53 PM »

The greatest threat to Christianity is fundamentalism. People are pushed away by those who claim to have the absolute correct way of doing things and condemn all others who do anything even slightly differently. Such a philosophy is anti-Christian.

No pointing fingers or anything...  Tongue

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2009, 11:21:26 PM »

that some people are born homosexual,

No one is born with a fully developed sexual orientation. The understanding is more so that people are born disposed to develop a particular sexual orientation. Sometimes people are born disposed to a homosexual orientation. I don't see what is insidious about this teaching?

deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2009, 11:23:19 PM »

b. Evangelical Christian fundamentalists are Christian after all.  They are not enemies.

Quite often Evangelicals are enemies of Orthodox Christianity.

Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2009, 12:06:13 AM »

b. Evangelical Christian fundamentalists are Christian after all.  They are not enemies.

And reason.  Tongue

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
Catherine
Elder

« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2009, 11:25:05 AM »

And reason.  Tongue

laugh
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2009, 12:59:39 PM »

The greatest threat to Christianity is fundamentalism. People are pushed away by those who claim to have the absolute correct way of doing things and condemn all others who do anything even slightly differently. Such a philosophy is anti-Christian.

No pointing fingers or anything...  Tongue
This whole thread is about pointing fingers. And I don't have to name usernames for us to know who they are on this board.

that some people are born homosexual,

No one is born with a fully developed sexual orientation. The understanding is more so that people are born disposed to develop a particular sexual orientation. Sometimes people are born disposed to a homosexual orientation. I don't see what is insidious about this teaching?
First of all, Gebre, we're not talking about sex here. Why do you have to keep bringing it up?

Secondly, deusveritasest, I think you're on to something here. People begin life with nothing fully developed. We understand that babies born premature enough will die for lack of development. It seems, though, that people assume a digital nature to people: either they are homosexual or they are heterosexual, with no room for change or development. This I think is not accurate. Yet I find laughable the notion that people are all heterosexual, and that homosexuality is simply a choice.

Essentially, since we recognize that children develop in all ways at a particular rate in a particular order, one would think it would be as easily recognized that one's sexual orientation is developed as well, in the way the DNA prescribes.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: