OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 01, 2014, 09:17:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are we living in end times?  (Read 677 times) Average Rating: 0
spiltteeth

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: ACROD

« on: September 12, 2009, 02:36:38 PM »

On another thread we were talking about Czar Nicholas II and I came across some info on Nicholas's role in orthodoxy and found this page :http://www.geocities.com/kitezhgrad/prophets/last_days_tsar.html which I'll quote:

'Priest Paul Volmensky wrote that "the murder of Czar Martyr Nicholas II…is a precise indicator that Antichrist is at the door and behind him is the Second Coming of Christ and the Last Judgement. The 'withholder' has been taken out of the way and satan works unbridled."'

Father Gleb Yakunin, wrote, "The meaning for world history of the martyr's death of the Imperial Family, something that likens it to the most significant Biblical events, consists of the fact that here the Constantinopolitan period of the existence of the Church of Christ comes to an end, and a new, martyric, apocalyptic age opens up. It is begun with the voluntary sacrifice of the last anointed Orthodox Emperor and his family."

Archimandrite Constantine of Jordanville offers this opinion: "The fall of Russia signalled a beginning to the pre-Antichrist epoch through which we are currently living. This cataclysm did away with the 'restraining power' in the world, setting Satan free from his temporary ('thousand-year', as the Scriptures allegorically call it) bondage."

What do you all make of this?
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 02:42:33 PM »

On another thread we were talking about Czar Nicholas II and I came across some info on Nicholas's role in orthodoxy and found this page :http://www.geocities.com/kitezhgrad/prophets/last_days_tsar.html which I'll quote:

'Priest Paul Volmensky wrote that "the murder of Czar Martyr Nicholas II…is a precise indicator that Antichrist is at the door and behind him is the Second Coming of Christ and the Last Judgement. The 'withholder' has been taken out of the way and satan works unbridled."'

Father Gleb Yakunin, wrote, "The meaning for world history of the martyr's death of the Imperial Family, something that likens it to the most significant Biblical events, consists of the fact that here the Constantinopolitan period of the existence of the Church of Christ comes to an end, and a new, martyric, apocalyptic age opens up. It is begun with the voluntary sacrifice of the last anointed Orthodox Emperor and his family."

Archimandrite Constantine of Jordanville offers this opinion: "The fall of Russia signalled a beginning to the pre-Antichrist epoch through which we are currently living. This cataclysm did away with the 'restraining power' in the world, setting Satan free from his temporary ('thousand-year', as the Scriptures allegorically call it) bondage."

What I make from this is the recognition that many believed the Orthodox Christian Empire to be the restraining force keeping the Antichrist back from ruling the world--once the Russian monarchy fell to the Soviets (centuries after the fall of Byzantium), the Orthodox Christian Empire disappeared from the face of the earth.  Those of us, like myself, who don't give much credence to the Orthodox Christian Empire theory don't really think the fall of the Russian Empire to be a precursor of the Age of Antichrist.
observer
High Elder

Vivre die Raznitsa!

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 04:21:43 PM »

You can feel the release of Satan in the air.  I'm not joking - just look around at the world today.  I believe these are martyric times not just physically but psychologically and sociologically.

Thou shalt not prefer one thing to another (Law of Liberalism)
Dan-Romania
Moderated
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Eastern Orthodox

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 04:29:11 PM »

maybe we are,who knows; nightmares come unexpected sometimes;the son of sin will be revealed when there will be no one to stop him;some early church fathers warn us that when the empire spoken in the revelation with 11 thorns will be established or re-established , than we must know that the time is near, and maybe than we will have more pointing to the antichrist , his name and his number, they said that the time will reveal it in a way or another;

This user no longer posts here.
Dan-Romania
Moderated
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Eastern Orthodox

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 04:30:29 PM »

You can feel the release of Satan in the air.  I'm not joking - just look around at the world today.  I believe these are martyric times not just physically but psychologically and sociologically.

I wanted to say that also, because of the way I feel , but this might be subjective.

This user no longer posts here.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 04:59:14 PM »

I don't know about all that, but my answer to the title:

Yes.  We are all living in End Times.  You've got less than 100 years left to live.  You don't know when your end is coming.  Make the best of it.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Tags: end times 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: