OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 15, 2014, 09:18:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: URGENT Prayer Request!!!  (Read 1655 times) Average Rating: 0
Nigula Qian Zishi
Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« on: November 10, 2002, 03:25:20 PM »

Dear all lurkers and posters,

Today we found out that our priest was laid off from his secular job. This is a tragedy in itself with our part of Connecticut being very expensive to live in, but the background story makes it even more sad.

The massive layoffs come from Sikorsky, the famous helicopter maker. Ivan Sikorsky founded this company and also our church. So the company Ivan Sikorsky founded fired the priest of the church he founded. How sad is that?

I would ask that you all pray that he find good paying employment and for his family, as they are quite distressed over this unfortunate turn of events. Thank you in advance and may God bless you all.

在基督         My Original Blog
尼古拉         My Facebook Profile
前执事         My Twitter Page
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2002, 04:07:18 PM »

Dear all lurkers and posters,

Today we found out that our priest was laid off from his secular job. This is a tragedy in itself with our part of Connecticut being very expensive to live in, but the background story makes it even more sad.

The massive layoffs come from Sikorsky, the famous helicopter maker. Ivan Sikorsky founded this company and also our church. So the company Ivan Sikorsky founded fired the priest of the church he founded. How sad is that?

I would ask that you all pray that he find good paying employment and for his family, as they are quite distressed over this unfortunate turn of events. Thank you in advance and may God bless you all.

Nik, I wouldn't call a major layoff due to a major economic downturn a "firing."  The Sikorsky Corp. must do what it must do just to survive in this economic climate.  I seriously doubt that they were "picking" on your priest or singling him out in any way.  The effects may feel the same, but your priest, as well as the many others feeling the effects of this massive layoff, will be eligible for unemployment benefits for a minimum of thirteen weeks.  I hope that your parish is shouldering its responsibility in continuing to provide a salary for your priest as well.  

Nevertheless, prayers are in order for all those who find themselves out of work due to poor economic conditions.  Even more prayers are in order for those whose unemployment benefits have run out before they have found another job or been called back to work.  I hate to think of what I saw in the last major recession: whole families dispossessed of their homes and living out of their cars!

Hypo-Ortho
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: