OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 22, 2014, 11:23:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Pope and the Council by Janus  (Read 1493 times) Average Rating: 0
Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« on: November 28, 2003, 08:23:31 PM »

Has anyone ever read the work: The Pope and the Council By Janus a pseudonym for Johann J. Dollinger?  It was written circa Vatican I and primarily in opposition to the Doctrines of the Immaculate Conception and Papal Infallibility.  It's hard to find, but a good read on the topic of Papal infallibility.

"Where I live in Manhattan and where I work at ABC, people say 'conservative' the way people say 'child molester.' Leftist thinking is just the culture that I live in and the culture the reporters who populate the mainstream media
Byzantino
Me Ortodox
Elder

Orthodox Christian

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2003, 08:47:28 PM »

I've been looking for it everywhere and i'm not having any luck. If i do, i'll let you know. Dollinger was the greatest Church historian of his time.
Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2003, 12:05:17 AM »

Byzantino: It's IMPOSSIBLE to find.  I finally got a friend of mine at a local RC high school to get the librarian there to get it from a seminary library on loan and photocopy it for me.  

I mean it's only 130 years out of print.  Grin it should be available every where!!

"Where I live in Manhattan and where I work at ABC, people say 'conservative' the way people say 'child molester.' Leftist thinking is just the culture that I live in and the culture the reporters who populate the mainstream media
Ben
Unabashedly Pro-Life
OC.net guru

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2003, 12:52:17 AM »

Br. Max...

Now I know the non-denominational group, what is it called again(?), you belong too rejects Papal Infalibilty...but does it also reject the Immaculate Conception?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2003, 12:53:07 AM by Ben » Logged

"I prefer to be accused unjustly, for then I have nothing to reproach myself with, and joyfully offer this to the good Lord. Then I humble myself at the thought that I am indeed capable of doing the thing of which I have been accused. " - Saint
Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2003, 01:15:17 AM »

vicki: YIKES!!$250?? you wanna buy it for me? Grin

Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2003, 01:29:56 AM »

vicki: are you sure? Grin I'd be glad to offer up some really nice prayers for you if you did. I can't afford $250 for a book - Franciscan vow of poverty and all. . . .

Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2003, 01:42:27 AM »

*gasp*  Blaise Paschal just rolled over in his grave!!

Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2003, 11:04:18 AM »

vicki: you'll have to buy a ticket first!! I mean meet me half way here!! Grin
« Last Edit: November 29, 2003, 11:05:14 AM by Br. Max, OFC » Logged

Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2003, 03:11:34 PM »

vicki: Tongue It's not my fault you're old enough to remember the first ecumenical council!!  To us YOUNG-ens they're new. Grin

Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2003, 06:26:15 PM »

Vicki: are you sure?  Linus was saying the other day that he though you were older than dirt Grin  and then Ben was saying something about you having been Adam's baby sitter . . . . consensus is that you make old look young Smiley but then I might be mistaken - there is a first time for everything you know!! Wink

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: