OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 25, 2014, 03:05:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trevor's search for Christianity  (Read 4426 times) Average Rating: 5
Thomas
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2010, 09:47:30 AM »

Congratulations, I look forward to your news about that happy day!

Thomas
Convert Issues Forum Moderator

Your brother in Christ ,
Thomas
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Denver

« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2011, 12:00:32 AM »

wow, I look at this old thread from a couple years ago, and relize how immiture I was.  I thought that I could just go to Church and request baptism, which is alot of what is done in most non-Orthodox "churches" today.  I thank you all for your counsel and advice, and for putting up with me.  I am happy to be an Orthodox Christian, and couldn't have done it without all of you!

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: BZZT

« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2011, 12:06:24 AM »

Hey, don't feel bad, when I come across posts I made when I first joined here I literally can't read them, because I was such a jerk or idiot with what I said (still working on that  Cheesy ). I'm glad you have discerned and found where you are supposed to be, though Smiley

Optimist: Throw enough ideas at the wall and one is bound to stick.
Pessimist: Throw enough poo at the wall and the room is bound to stink.
Realist: You don't really need to throw things at walls to solve problems.
Tallitot
Archon

Faith: Jewish
Jurisdiction: United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism

« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2011, 12:10:04 AM »

Mazeltov, hope this works out for you

Proverbs 22:7
William
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: None

« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2011, 05:29:06 PM »

Trevor, I'd like to thank for sharing this. When I first read it it inspired me to pursue Orthodoxy in the real world instead of just doing nothing but reading up online because I was, in my mind, too young.

Glory be to Jesus Christ.

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant

Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. - Matt. 5:24
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2011, 07:54:10 PM »

Christ is Risen!

Trevor, never apologize for your willingness to expose your vulnerability or frustrations or possible naivete.

IMHO, it is one of your most admirable qualities and one I could learn and do learn from.

Another admirable quality you possess is that you seem to take advice and try to follow it earnestly and express with honesty the frustrations of following such advice.

You are young and seemingly disciplined and honest in a less than stable environment. No mean feat to manage.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
akimori makoto
Archon

Faith: Non-heretical Christian
Jurisdiction: Fully-sik-hektic archdiocese of Australia, bro

No-one bound by fleshly pleasures is worthy ...

« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2011, 08:51:25 PM »

Christ is risen!

Trevor, you are so much further along the spiritual path than I was at your age (and probably a fair way ahead of me even now).

There is nothing more Orthodox and Christian than being ready and willing to confess your challenges and weaknesses, so keep doing it!

The Episcopallian road is easy and wide, for many go through it to find destruction. lol sorry channeling Isa.
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Denver

« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2011, 08:58:37 PM »

thank you all so much.  I say with complete confidence that, without all of you and OC.net, I'd probably wouldn't have converted.  it's through reading and meeting people here on the forum that I've really learned about my faith, and I am deeply in love with my new found faith!!!

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: