Author Topic: Christian Mingle Movie  (Read 2884 times)

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Hoplitarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
Re: Christian Mingle Movie
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2014, 11:49:41 PM »
Caesar?
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline lovesupreme

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2014, 11:59:24 PM »
What about J-Date? My mother is still hoping that I'll bring home a nice Jewish girl one day...
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 11:59:38 PM by lovesupreme »

Offline lovesupreme

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2014, 12:20:59 AM »
I tried to convince her that my icon of the Theotokos counted. She didn't bite.  :-\

Offline DeniseDenise

• Protokentarchos
  • This place holds to nothing....
  • Faith: Does it matter?
  • Jurisdiction: Unverifiable, so irrelevant
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2014, 12:22:18 AM »
I tried to convince her that my icon of the Theotokos counted. She didn't bite.  :-\

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

Offline mabsoota

• Archon
  • Kyrie eleison
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox (Coptic)
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2014, 04:50:13 AM »
"What do you mean Christ has two natures?! Anathema!"

"I can change..."

you are really cracking me up!
lol

what is much more likely is:
'what do you mean? does Christ have natures?
sorry, i don't understand all that religious jargon, but you have a cute body.
do you mind looking after my babies while i go out to work?'

as biro has wisely suggested, meeting someone on these sites is truly a bad idea.

i actually know someone who was on north american 'Christian' dating sites for more than a year.
all (yes, all) the guys just wanted sex, and the women just wanted easy guys they could control and boss around.
most people wrote outright lies in their profiles and used old or airbrushed photos.

try pan orthodox church meetings in your area instead if you want to meet more people.
if there are none, start one.
not a 'youth' meeting, but a social outreach group or group studying early church fathers etc. (whatever you are interested in)
that way you will meet genuine, like minded people. they may be married, but some of them will have single friends!

Offline homedad76

• High Elder
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2014, 09:20:03 AM »
There is not a single post in this thread that isn't depressing as heck. :(

Also, I'm tired of "busy business woman searches for a man to make her a real person" movies. All they do is get in the way of the Independence Day sequel. (I had to throw that in so that this post would also be depressing...it's not even going to have Will Smith punching things when he could have been at a barbeque...I mean, what's the point, in that case?)

New movie idea: The aliens from Independence Day post a Craiglist 'missed connection' looking for Capt. Steven Hiller, but instead find love with one of the many Christian single mothers in lovesupreme's area. Call it "Love Intergalactically" or something. I don't know. If they're making Tetris into a movie, they'll pretty much make anything.

There will never be a Jumanji 2.
Dax Sheppard already made it.

Zathura wasn't a sequel just based on the authors other book.  Which had the same plot with virtually the same characters (different names) but the board game was about space.  Apparently this guy has the writing depth of Nicholas Sparks.
"However hard I try, I find it impossible to construct anything greater than these three words, 'Love one another' —only to the end, and without exceptions: then all is justified and life is illumined, whereas otherwise it is an abomination and a burden."

—Mother Maria of Paris

Offline Agabus

• The user formerly known as Agabus.
  • Archon
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2014, 10:29:16 AM »
There is not a single post in this thread that isn't depressing as heck. :(

Also, I'm tired of "busy business woman searches for a man to make her a real person" movies. All they do is get in the way of the Independence Day sequel. (I had to throw that in so that this post would also be depressing...it's not even going to have Will Smith punching things when he could have been at a barbeque...I mean, what's the point, in that case?)

New movie idea: The aliens from Independence Day post a Craiglist 'missed connection' looking for Capt. Steven Hiller, but instead find love with one of the many Christian single mothers in lovesupreme's area. Call it "Love Intergalactically" or something. I don't know. If they're making Tetris into a movie, they'll pretty much make anything.

There will never be a Jumanji 2.
Dax Sheppard already made it.

Zathura wasn't a sequel just based on the authors other book.  Which had the same plot with virtually the same characters (different names) but the board game was about space.  Apparently this guy has the writing depth of Nicholas Sparks.
It's a spiritual sequel.
Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Serbian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of New Gracanica
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2014, 12:16:16 PM »
OK, here's my report: there are a lot of single Christian mothers in my area.

Which dating sight was that again?

Oh wait, all of them.
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline Chiere

• Reserve Grand Champion
  • Penalty Box
  • High Elder
  • Lugia stares deep into the depths of your soul
  • Faith: Roman Catholic
  • Jurisdiction: Indianapolis
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2014, 05:47:12 PM »
LOL. :D This thread makes me laugh.

To God Be the Glory!

Offline Sakeneko

« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2014, 06:04:13 PM »
It *is* funny. ;) 

I know about ChristianMingle.com, but mostly because I work in anti-spam and they send a LOT of spam.   Any social network that sends lots of spam is pretty much clueless about how to handle internet communications properly.  Somehow it doesn't surprise me that many of their users are of the same caliber. (sigh)

Offline Minnesotan

• Archon
  • From the Land of 10,000 Lakes
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2015, 12:15:25 AM »
Who would have guessed? There are Orthodox people on ChristianMingle!
I'm not going to be posting as much on OC.Net as before. I might stop in once in a while though. But I've come to realize that real life is more important.

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Merarches
  • Άγιος κέιθ ο Υμνογράφος και Μελωδός, να μας σώσει!
    • Blog
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Russo-Finn Orthodox Church Outside Spain
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2015, 12:18:57 AM »
And like most dating sites, plenty of scammers.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline Minnesotan

• Archon
  • From the Land of 10,000 Lakes
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2015, 12:43:41 AM »
And like most dating sites, plenty of scammers.

Yeah, beautiful 25-year old Anastasia might turn out to actually be a 45-year old male Apollinarian.

Catfishing, Orthodox style....
I'm not going to be posting as much on OC.Net as before. I might stop in once in a while though. But I've come to realize that real life is more important.