OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 28, 2014, 03:26:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nameday  (Read 1499 times) Average Rating: 0
Dmitri Rostovski
« on: October 28, 2002, 12:45:06 PM »

Does anyone know the Tropar and Kondak for St. Dmitri of Rostov.  His Feast is today and he is my patron but I can't find the prayers written for him.   Please enlighten.

Thanks,
Dmitri
Dmitri Rostovski
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2002, 04:05:41 PM »

I think I found it:

-ó-á-P-ƒ-É-á-¼, -ô-¢-É-í 8
-Æ’-Ç-¦-¦-+-ü-+-¦-¦-+-Ã… -Ç-¦-¦-+-+-é-¦-+-Ä -+ -Ç-¦-ü-¦-+-+-¦ -+-ü-¦-+-Ç-¦-+-+-é-¦-+-Ä, -á-+-ü-ü-+-¦-ü-¦-+-¦ -Ã¥-¦-+-¦-¦-+-+-ç-¦ -+ -+-+-¦-ï-¦ -¦ -æ-+-¦-â -+-+-+-+-é-¦-¦-+-+-+-ç-¦, -ü-+-+-ü-¦-+-î-+-+ -é-¦-+-+-+-+ -¦-â-+-Ã  -â-Ã¥-¦-+-+-+-â-¦-Ç-+-+ -¦-ü-+, -Ã¥-¦-¦-+-+-Ã¥-¦ -¦-â-Ã -+-¦-+-¦-Ã…, -ö-+-+-+-é-Ç-+-¦ -¦-+-¦-¦-¦-+-+-¦, -+-+-+-+ -Ñ-Ç-+-ü-é-¦ -æ-+-¦-¦ -ü-+-¦-ü-é-+-ü-Ã… -¦-â-ê-¦-+ -+-¦-ê-+-+.

-Ü-P-¥-ö-É-Ü, -ô-¢-É-í 8
-ù-¦-¦-+-¦-â -á-+-ü-ü-+-¦-ü-¦-â-Ä, -+-é -Ãœ-+-¦-¦-¦ -¦-+-+-ü-+-Ã…-¦-ê-â-Ä, -+ -ç-Ç-¦-+ -Â¥-+-¦-¦-Ç-¦-¦ -í-¦-¦-¦-Ç-ü-¦-+-¦ -¦ -á-+-ü-é-+-¦ -¦-+-ü-é-+-¦-ê-â-Ä, -¦-ü-Ä -¦-¦ -ü-é-Ç-¦-+-â -ü-+-Ä -â-ç-¦-+-î-+-+ -+ -ç-â-¦-¦-ü-ï -+-+-¦-Ç-+-¦-ê-â-Ä, -â-¦-+-¦-¦-+-+ -+-+-¦-é-+-ü-+-+-¦-¦-ü-+-¦-¦-+ -ö-+-+-+-é-Ç-+-Ã…: -é-+-¦ -¦-+ -¦-ü-¦-+ -¦-ü-Ã… -+-¦-+-+-ü-¦, -Ã…-¦-¦ -¦ -+-¦-ü-é-¦-¦-+-¦-+-+-Ä, -¦-¦ -¦-ü-¦-à  -+-Ç-+-+-¦-Ç-Ã…-ë-¦-é, -Ã…-¦-+-¦-¦ -Æ’-¦-¦-¦-+ -Ñ-Ç-+-ü-é-â, -+ -ü-+-¦-ü-¦-é -+-Ç-¦-¦-+-¦-¦-Ç-+-¦-+ -¦-â-ê-+ -+-¦-ê-¦.

Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

"Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee..."

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2002, 05:07:24 PM »

Care to edify us unenlightened non-Slavs and offer a translation of these texts?   Cheesy

The Mor has spoken. Let his word endure unto the ages of ages.
Dmitri Rostovski
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2002, 05:55:24 PM »

I would love to but my Slavic is not that great.  Anyone else care to try?  I can read it and understand but not well enough to translate into another lanquage.

Dmitri
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2002, 05:30:48 PM »

I would love to but my Slavic is not that great.  Anyone else care to try?  I can read it and understand but not well enough to translate into another lanquage.

Dmitri

The "Prologue from Ochrid" by St. Bishop Nikolai Velimirovic of Zicha and America includes a short "Vita" of St. Dmitri Rostovsky for his feastday, but no Tropar or Kondak.  If I remember, I'll check the Great Horologion (Holy Transfiguration Monastery, Brookline-Boston, MA) kept in the choir when I'm in church this coming Saturday evening to see if a Troparion and Kontakion for St. Dmitri of Rostov's feastday is included there.

At least I can tell that both the Tropar and Kondak for St. Dmitri are in Tone 8 from your post, Dmitri!   Grin

Hypo-Ortho
« Last Edit: November 10, 2002, 08:12:16 PM by Hypo-Ortho » Logged
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: