OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 28, 2014, 09:35:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LOTR-Return of the King Soundtrack  (Read 1038 times) Average Rating: 0
Deacon Lance
Archon

Faith: Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction: Archeparchy of Pittsburgh

Liturgy at Mt. St. Macrina Pilgrimage

« on: November 26, 2003, 09:50:56 AM »

Howard Shore does it again, great score. Previous themes are repeated but in a fresh way.  Annie Lennox does a great job on the ending song "Into the West".  (Although I must admit I am an  Annie Lennox fan)

Of particular note is Track 17 "The Return of the King".  Viggo Mortensen (Aragorn) renders the words of Elendil in a liturgical- style chant as he receives the crown of Gondor.

"Et Earello Endorenna utilien.  Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta."

"Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come.  In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world."
« Last Edit: November 26, 2003, 09:51:31 AM by Deacon Lance » Logged

My cromulent posts embiggen this forum.
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2003, 03:21:53 PM »

Howard Shore is a brilliant composer, imho.  Tonight in Wellington New Zealand, he premiered a symphony based on his LotR music.  I haven't read any reviews of it yet.

I'm trying to hold off getting this until the  edition with the extra disk about Shore and writing the music, but I've heard clips at the official site and via theonering.net.   What is the cut with Billy Boyd/Pippin singing for Denethor like?  I'm quite looking forward to Mortenson declaiming in Sindarin.

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2003, 05:20:43 PM »

A review of Shore's symphony based on the music for all three movies at:

http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1070125057

In movement 6 Viggo Mortensen was a soloist, much to the surprise of the audience apparently.

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: