Author Topic: Please Pray for Me Again  (Read 4150 times)

Offline Rosehip

• Archon
Please Pray for Me Again
« on: August 23, 2009, 11:06:58 PM »
Please pray for me again. :( I' m going through some really hard times again. I am so weary, so weary, of trying to be good enough for a man. But I am really tired of being alone in life. Life has been so hard, with going through so many losses with cancer-it's just been one horrifying loss after the next. I really long for companionship, comfort, love, someone who truly cares, someone whose hand I can hold,someone whose shoulder I can lean upon. I just thought I had met possibly such a man, and was really looking forward to meeting him, but he wrote me to tell me he's already found another woman, only a week after putting up his profile. I am nearly grief-stricken and don't know how much longer I can endure such terrible disappointments, especially in my already weakened, and severely demoralized state. I've been having to make myself ill looking for love and these divorced men repeatedly, almost instantly, find a new partner, while I remain alone, so terribly alone decade in and decade out.

Please please pray for me. Please pray that I will be deemed worthy of the love I've waited so dreadfully long to experience. It would be such a relief, such a blessing, I would appreciate it so much, so much. Please, please pray that I will be worthy, be good enough not to have to continue so alone and forsaken in life. Please pray some good, decent, caring man will notice me, will not reject me yet again for someone else. Please, please, please. Please pray that I too will have a chance to love and be loved.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 11:25:47 PM by Rosehip »
+ Our dear sister Martha (Rosehip) passed away on Dec 20, 2010.  May her memory be eternal! +

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • Trolling Babylon 24/7, without apology!
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
  • Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo
Re: Please Pray for Me Again
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 11:40:34 PM »
You are in my prayers Rosehip.  :)

"Lord have mercy."

Selam
"Whether it’s the guillotine, the hangman’s noose, or reciprocal endeavors of militaristic horror, radical evil will never be recompensed with radical punishment. The only answer, the only remedy, and the only truly effective response to radical evil is radical love."
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +
http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/Products/SKU-000984270/Rebel-Song.aspx

Offline Andrea

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 12:04:45 AM »
Rosehip, I'm sorry you are going through this.  I'll be praying for you.

Offline Entscheidungsproblem

• Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
  • Protokentarchos
    • Amsterdam Declaration 2002
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 12:07:41 AM »
Lord, have mercy!
As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS

Offline Salpy

• Toumarches
  • Holy Martyrs of the Armenian Genocide pray for us!
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 12:11:33 AM »
Lord have mercy!

Offline HandmaidenofGod

• Archon
  • O Holy St. Demetrius pray to God for us!
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 12:36:40 AM »
Lord have mercy!
"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11

Offline Riddikulus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 12:49:14 AM »
Lord, have mercy on our dear sister, Rosehip.
I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)

Offline Tamara

• Archon
  • +Pray for Orthodox Unity+
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 01:15:23 AM »
Lord have mercy and please relieve her anxiety and worry. Help her to find a man worthy of her who will care for her as he would himself.

Offline stashko

• Protokentarchos
  • Wonderworking Sitka Icon
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 01:59:24 AM »
Prayers that The Lord leads you to your soulmate...
With God All things are possable....Amen Amen...
Lord Have Mercy..........
ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.

Offline stanley123

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 02:28:30 AM »
Hello Rosehip:
      In my Church, the RCC, they have quite often in our area certain get togethers and activities for those unmarried Catholic men and women who are interested in meeting and becoming acquainted. Wouldn't you have similar functions at one of your local Orthodox Churches? I know that the Greek Orthodox Chruch in our area has festivities every year celebrating the Greek culture and there are a lot of opportunities to become acquainted with good people at that time? One possible suggestion might be  that you consider getting involved in some function or activity where you can meet single Orthodox Christians of your age group.
      In any event,  may the good Lord grant you peace and happiness and always be with you, and may you find what you are seeking. 

Offline mike

• A sexual pervert with limited English reading comprehension
  • Protostrator
  • Polish Laser Jesus shooting down schismatics
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 03:01:12 AM »
Lord, have mercy!
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who can watch the watchmen?
"No one is paying attention to your post reports"
Why do posters that claim to have me blocked keep sending me pms and responding to my posts? That makes no sense.

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Hoplitarches
    • St.Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 09:59:25 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline EofK

• Mrs. Y
  • Protokentarchos
  • lolcat addict
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 10:13:42 AM »
Lord, have mercy!
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams

Offline Heorhij

• Merarches
    • Mississippi University for Women
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009, 10:25:43 AM »
Lord, have mercy! We all are praying for you, dear sister, and they, up there,:), are most definitely praying for you as well.

I'll write you later in more detail, please check your PMs.
Love never fails.

Offline Rosehip

• Archon
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 11:38:58 AM »
Thanks everyone, for your prayers. I'm sorry to go on and on repeatedly on this theme. I am so hurt that this sorrow in my life continues year in and year out.

Stanley, thanks for your concrete advise. However, I have given up on the Orthodox men in my area. Completely given up. Most that I know are Russians, and while I consider all (most) of them good friends, they have made it plain they only want a stunningly beautiful Russian model type, or they are so much younger than myself that I just can't consider it. If they are Greeks, they always make it plain they want a Greek girl and make sure I am made aware of the fact that I am not familiar with their precious Greek culture (which I am not-and why should I be?) (and yet I see all sorts of them intermarrying with odd people who haven't even bothered to initially convert before thinking about marriage partners. Doesn't seem quite fair). Anyhow, I rarely go to Greek churches, and it is true, I simply don't feel at home with the culture or the method of having church. I have worked for some Greeks, and unfortunately, they treated me like dirt, took complete advantage of me, even deprived me of wages-all this after having been excited to see icons in their homes, and having joyfullly, spontaneously, told them that I too was EO. Other Orthodox men have shown interest in me, even set up dates with me, only to disappear into thin air-never to get back to me until weeks or months later. I'm sorry, but I find such behaviour a COMPLETE turn-off.
+ Our dear sister Martha (Rosehip) passed away on Dec 20, 2010.  May her memory be eternal! +

Offline Theophilos78

• Archon
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 12:08:07 PM »
Dear Rosehip,

You are always in my prayers. Lord remember you and have mercy on you! The almighty and wonder-working God turn your grief into joy, your sickness into health, and your weakness to strength, and your temporary defeat to triumph. Amen.

My friendly suggestion:

When you feel really low and desperate, open your hands and yell at God with the Lord's last words on the cross: Eloi Eloi lama shavaktani? Shed your tears and tell Him that you can no more carry the cross alone. Wait for a surprising response in a mysterious way. :)

The Lord be with you and give you power against the evil one's war with you.
Longing for Heavenly Jerusalem

Offline ozgeorge

• I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
  • Hoplitarches
  • My plans for retirement.
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 01:02:35 PM »
If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.

Offline Quinault

• Did you drink water today?
  • Protokentarchos
  • What about frogs? I like frogs!
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 01:50:22 PM »
Shouldn't this discussion be left out of the prayer section? I would think that this area should be for prayers and the debate/opinions/advice should be moved elsewhere.

In any case I pray that you will be comforted in your time of need Rosehip. You obviously are in a great deal of emotional pain. And I will pray that you find your way and path as well as contentment with it. Hopefully that path will include a husband. If it doesn't then I pray that the way you feel about being single will change drastically so that you can find joy irregardless of marital status. Your faith can't be completely gone yet Rosehip! You are asking for prayer afterall. :) And prayer I can do for you.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 02:08:16 PM by Quinault »

Offline Catherine

• Elder
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2009, 02:24:34 PM »
Lord, have mercy on your handmaiden Rosehip.  Grant her peace.

In all cases, Lord, Thy will be done!

Glory to God!

Amen.

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of New Jersey
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2009, 02:27:18 PM »
Lord have Mercy.

Offline Veniamin

• Fire for Effect!
  • Archon
  • St. Barbara, patroness of the Field Artillery
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2009, 02:27:55 PM »
Everyone, the Prayer Forum is for just that, prayer.  

It is not a place for arguing with each other.

It is not a place for wisecracks.

It is not a place for sneering judgment.

Please keep the Prayer Forum reserved for prayers and relocate the debates and discussion to a section of OC.net more suited to such.

~Veniamin, Global Moderator
Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great

Offline Rosehip

• Archon
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2009, 02:38:35 PM »
Thank you very much, Veniamin.

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2009, 01:52:28 AM »

Brothers and sisters in Christ,

Please remember what Veniamin said above.  The Prayer Forum is for prayer and only for prayer.  Although advice may be appropriate within the context of prayer, this is not the place for giving advice without prayers.  As such, the many posts that do nothing but discuss Rosehip's situation and/or offer advice have been moved to Non-Religious Topics.

Once again, please reserve the Prayer Forum solely for prayer, and submit any non-prayer replies to the parallel thread in Non-Religious Topics.

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php?topic=23005.0

- PeterTheAleut
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 01:59:02 AM by PeterTheAleut »
Not all who wander are lost.

Offline ozgeorge

• I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
  • Hoplitarches
  • My plans for retirement.
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2009, 03:35:38 AM »
Thy Will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.
If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2009, 01:06:22 AM »
Please, no more advice to be given on this thread.  This is the Prayer Forum, which is to be used solely for prayer.  If you want to give advice to Rosehip, post it to the thread in Non-Religious Topics that I set up specifically for that purpose.  (I'm not offering this general directive in reply to the post immediately preceding this, but to another post that I had to move to the Non-Religious Topics thread.)

-PeterTheAleut
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 01:19:09 AM by PeterTheAleut »
Not all who wander are lost.