Author Topic: The extent to which I advocate liturgical reform  (Read 1975 times)

Offline Porter ODoran

• Ex-Amish ex Appalachia
  • Taxiarches
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
Re: The extent to which I advocate liturgical reform
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2016, 03:21:21 PM »
Incidentally, most of the Amish observe Christmas on January 6th.

WGW, you say you "think" a lot of things in re the Roman church and Nativity. Is this in the nature of a hunch, or what was your process there?
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline wgw

• Addicted to liturgical music
  • Protokentarchos
  • This icon is of St. Athansius.
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
« Reply #91 on: Yesterday at 04:42:07 PM »
It either means "I have considered, based on that which I have read and my understanding thereof, that this is so, but am not certain," or less commonly, that "I have considered. based on my experience of the Orthodox faith and my discussion of these expereinces of faith with orhers, and reading of relevqnt scriptural and patristic texts, that this is so, but am not certain."

Offline Porter ODoran

• Ex-Amish ex Appalachia
  • Taxiarches
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #92 on: Yesterday at 04:43:14 PM »
Yet you use the phrase to introduce so very many diverse assertions -- that is what prompted me to ask, not the phrase itself.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy