OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 22, 2014, 04:45:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Liturgy between Greece and Russia  (Read 39 times) Average Rating: 0
Regnare
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA catechumen

« on: Yesterday at 11:02:25 PM »

In my experience, liturgical differences in the Byzantine Rite are discussed as a dichotomy of Greek and Russian practice. So I was wondering: where do the other Orthodox churches fall? Do the churches of Albania, Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria, or Georgia (some of whom are Slavic but use "Greek" vestments nonetheless) follow the Sabbaite Typicon, like Russians, or the Violakis Typicon, like Greeks? Do they have their own particular customs, for example, during the services of Holy Week? Do they have their own forms of chant (I know Georgians do, and it's amazing)?

"I give praise to your holy Nature, Lord, for you have made my nature a sanctuary for your hiddenness and a tabernacle for your holy mysteries, a place where you can dwell, and a holy temple for your Divinity." --Venerable St. Isaac of Nineveh
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: