OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 29, 2014, 01:16:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome Pan Orthodox Invite from GOA in SF to Met. Jonah  (Read 489 times) Average Rating: 0
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« on: August 20, 2009, 12:07:15 PM »

Metropolitan Jonah to direct annual retreat of the Presvyteres' Sisterhood of the Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco
Posted 08/14

SYOSSET, NY [OCA Communications] -- His Beatitude, Metropolitan Jonah, will be the keynote speaker at the annual retreat of the Presvyteres' Sisterhood of the Metropolis of San Francisco of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese January 29-31, 2010, according to Presvytera Irene Supica, sisterhood president.

The retreat, which will be open to clergy wives of all jurisdictions, will be held at the Saint Nicholas Ranch and Retreat Center, Dunlap, CA.

"Metropolitan Jonah was our confessor at many past retreats when he was abbot of the Saint John of Shanghai and San Francisco Monastery, and he is very dear to many of us," said Presvytera Irene.

http://www.oca.org/news/1899
(includes email address I haven't included for SPAM).
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 12:08:31 PM by ialmisry » Logged

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
pensateomnia
Bibliophylax
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian

metron ariston

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 12:52:44 PM »

Most excellent.

But for I am a man not textueel I wol noght telle of textes neuer a deel. (Chaucer, The Manciple's Tale, 1.131)
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: