OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 17, 2014, 07:58:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this surprising to anyone?  (Read 340 times) Average Rating: 0
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« on: May 21, 2012, 02:13:58 PM »

http://www.nyac.com/news/detail/360

After several years of conversations, members of the United Methodist Church (New York Annual Conference), the Episcopal Church, and the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America will gather to celebrate the Ecumenical Service of Holy Communion on Saturday, May 12th at 4:00 PM at St. Paul’s Chapel on Fulton and Wall Street in lower Manhattan

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 02:39:45 PM »

After several years of conversations, members of the United Methodist Church (New York Annual Conference), the Episcopal Church, and the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America will gather to celebrate the Ecumenical Service of Holy Communion on Saturday, May 12th at 4:00 PM at St. Paul’s Chapel on Fulton and Wall Street in lower Manhattan

PP

LOL. After several years of basically doing the same thing as they did...

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

Faith: Melkite

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 08:17:23 PM »

PP

> Is this surprising to anyone?

Yes, at first; but when I checked my calendar I found that the 12th was indeed a Saturday.

- Peter Jericho (a CAF poster)
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 08:21:14 PM »

I was mildly surprised the first time this was posted, less so this time Smiley

Yes, yes, youth is wasted on the young. And so is accumulated experience wasted on the old, the positives of modernism wasted on moderns, the beauty of Christianity wasted on Christians, the utility of scholarship wasted on scholars, and on and on.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: