OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 31, 2014, 07:58:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christ the eternal Tao arrived today!  (Read 1232 times) Average Rating: 0
Pilgrim
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Inquirer
Jurisdiction: Holy Orthodoxy

« on: August 13, 2009, 12:28:24 AM »

from Amazon.ca. Can't wait to read it...I got throught the intro already and it looks good.

What are your thoughts on the book if you've read it?

Heavenly King, Comforter, Spirit of Truth help us to walk the way of Life, which is Christ Jesus.

St. Cyril, St. Leo, and St. Severus pray that the Church may be united and one, Eastern and Oriental.St. Issac the Syrian, pray that Assyria would return to the Holy Church. St. Gregory, pray for Rom
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 12:37:41 AM »

I never really appreciated the Tao Te Ching very much, but this book is amazing!  I think you'll really enjoy it.

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Pilgrim
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Inquirer
Jurisdiction: Holy Orthodoxy

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 12:38:34 AM »

I've heard some people say that Tao gives the meaning better even than Logos? Your thoughts?

Heavenly King, Comforter, Spirit of Truth help us to walk the way of Life, which is Christ Jesus.

St. Cyril, St. Leo, and St. Severus pray that the Church may be united and one, Eastern and Oriental.St. Issac the Syrian, pray that Assyria would return to the Holy Church. St. Gregory, pray for Rom
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 06:46:26 AM »

I've heard some people say that Tao gives the meaning better even than Logos? Your thoughts?
I'd say they are identical. Logos carries the meaning of "way" if we consider the logoi of created things. The logos of a flower is what the flower is created to be- the "path it is meant to take". The Logos is the "Odos"- the "Way" behind all the logoi of created things. The book touches on this. I hope you'll enjoy it and find it as enlightening as I did.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Τιμόθεος

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of North America

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 02:22:09 AM »

from Amazon.ca. Can't wait to read it...I got throught the intro already and it looks good.

What are your thoughts on the book if you've read it?

This book is amazing!  Although I frown on synchretism, Heiromonk Damascene is careful to not cross over the line.  Our priest, when I first approched Orthodoxy, showed amazing wisdom by the Grace of God and lent me this book.  I was hooked immediately.  I recommend it to anyone.
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 02:28:35 AM »

Welcome to the forum!   Smiley

Τιμόθεος

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of North America

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 02:36:01 AM »

Welcome to the forum!   Smiley

Thank you.  I have been looking for an active Orthodox board.  Glad I have finally found one.  Smiley
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: