OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 21, 2014, 08:22:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fantasy Soccer (Football) 2009 - Premier League  (Read 1515 times) Average Rating: 0
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« on: August 12, 2009, 12:13:05 PM »

Since the conversation on the American Football thread I thought it would be nice to have a fantasy league for Premier League as well. 

I set it up on Yahoo, so for those of you that don't have Yahoo I apologize. Please let me know if you would like to join and i'll give you the name and password...or maybe I should just make it public (?)...anyway let me know!

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 12:46:50 PM »

How bad will the U.S. lose to Mexico today? I predict 2 - nil. Go Mexico! American socer is a joke. Roll Eyes The entire country of Mexico will shut down today because everyone will be watching the match. But 90% of the people in America won't even know that there's a game on.

Selam

"There are two great tragedies: one is to live a life ruled by the passions, and the other is to live a passionless life."
Selam, +GMK+
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 02:05:55 PM »

How bad will the U.S. lose to Mexico today? I predict 2 - nil. Go Mexico! American socer is a joke. Roll Eyes The entire country of Mexico will shut down today because everyone will be watching the match. But 90% of the people in America won't even know that there's a game on.

Selam

case & point, I didn't even know the game was on...lol. 

would you like to join the fantasy league maybe??

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 02:14:35 PM »

Selam

Game time is 3:30 EST.

Yes I would love to join the fantasy league, but I don't know how to do all the face book stuff. I'm very ignorant and slow about computers. I do have a Yahoo home page. Does that mean I can join for free? If you feel like explaining it, I'll try to figure it out. Sounds fun!

Selam

"There are two great tragedies: one is to live a life ruled by the passions, and the other is to live a passionless life."
Selam, +GMK+
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 02:25:39 PM »

Selam

Game time is 3:30 EST.

Yes I would love to join the fantasy league, but I don't know how to do all the face book stuff. I'm very ignorant and slow about computers. I do have a Yahoo home page. Does that mean I can join for free? If you feel like explaining it, I'll try to figure it out. Sounds fun!

Selam

Yes actually it's not that difficult, especially since you already have yahoo! 

click on this link:  http://uk.premiership.fantasysports.yahoo.com/

When you are logged in we can do a couple of things.  You can either search for the league name yourself (league name = OCNET) or I can send you an invitation (which might be easier for you).  Just give me your e-mail through a Private Message (PM) and i'll send you an invite which will have directions in it and etc. 

let me know if you have any issues

[modified to fix tags]
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 02:52:00 PM by serb1389 » Logged

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 02:28:42 PM »

Selam

American soccer is a joke because it's not popular, hm?

Would you say that American lacrosse is a joke, too?

While the MLS is far below the skill level of the Bundesleague or the English Premier League, it's still produces viable players who want to play in the US as opposed to going abroad.  And the US National Team can and does compete well on an international level.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 04:23:43 PM »

And the US National Team can and does compete well on an international level.
Yes, indeed. Case in point, the upset against Spain a few months back. Popularity does one thing for MLS: Bigger box office receipts mean the teams can afford to hire and keep very talented players. However, merely having a superstar does not necessarily mean greater numbers in the seats, nor does it mean a winning team, as L.A. Galaxy found out.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 05:31:44 PM »

Yes, indeed. Case in point, the upset against Spain a few months back. Popularity does one thing for MLS: Bigger box office receipts mean the teams can afford to hire and keep very talented players. However, merely having a superstar does not necessarily mean greater numbers in the seats, nor does it mean a winning team, as L.A. Galaxy found out.

And the game is not even on TV right now! I mean, how ridiculous is that? I have been hyped up all month to watch America get another good beat down from Mexico, and it's not even on TV right now. Cry

Selam

Selam, +GMK+
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 05:38:57 PM »

And the game is not even on TV right now! I mean, how ridiculous is that? I have been hyped up all month to watch America get another good beat down from Mexico, and it's not even on TV right now. Cry

Selam

If you'd like to watch it free online just go to http://rojadirecta.com/

it has all kinds of games, plus old games you can download and watch later.  it's a VERY good site. 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 06:30:28 PM »

Selam

it has all kinds of games, plus old games you can download and watch later.  it's a VERY good site. 

Alas, I went to a local Mexican restaurant just in time to hear the final whistle blow! Mexico 2 - USA 0. Wink  I was off by a goal in my prediction. I don't think Landon Donovan will urinate on sacred Mexican soccer turf anymore. As if Mexico needed any more motivation against the U.S. Cheesy I hope I can find the replay of the game somewhere.

Selam
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 06:31:42 PM by Gebre Menfes Kidus » Logged

Selam, +GMK+
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 06:56:21 PM »

Selam

Alas, I went to a local Mexican restaurant just in time to hear the final whistle blow! Mexico 2 - USA 0. Wink  I was off by a goal in my prediction. I don't think Landon Donovan will urinate on sacred Mexican soccer turf anymore. As if Mexico needed any more motivation against the U.S. Cheesy I hope I can find the replay of the game somewhere.

Selam
the link i gave above has the replay

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: