OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 19, 2014, 01:37:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayers for my Brother & Hundreds of Workers in KC  (Read 2241 times) Average Rating: 0
88Devin12
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antioch

« on: August 11, 2009, 07:31:22 PM »

Hey all, got a text this morning from my brother who was at a job site on the Missouri River in North Kansas City & Kansas City. Apparently a train car leaked some pretty serious chemicals. The news has reported on it, but my brother says the feds & hazmat have informed the plant or the city to expect the possibility of "mass casualties". My brother wasn't feeling to good by the time I got home, so I'm hoping and praying he is ok.
My brother described what the chemical does (it sucks all the humidity away, so if you inhale it, it's horrible) and how it affects people. I pray that no one suffers because of this leak.

I hope & pray that they are over-estimating the effects of this chemical leak...

http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-bayer-plant-leak-081109,0,7435290.story
"Kansas City fire and police crews were monitoring a chemical leak at the Bayer Plant at 8400 Hawthorne Road on Tuesday morning. Anhydrous hydrogen chloride was leaking from a tube trailer. Employees noticed the leak around 8:30 Tuesday morning and immediately sounded the alarm."

http://www.kctv5.com/news/20358090/detail.html
"KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A chemical leak at the Bayer Crop Science plant has been contained by Kansas City hazmat crews and Bayer emergency crews.
Bayer officials said anhydrous hydrogen chloride leaked from a container being offloaded from a rail car. At around 8:30 a.m. crews said one of the containers started leaking and workers quickly noticed the fumes."

http://www.kmbc.com/news/20356390/detail.html
""The leak of anhydrous hydrochloric acid gas from a cylinder transported by a vendor to the Bayer CropScience site was stopped at 2:15 p.m. through the combined efforts of the Bayer CropScience emergency response team, Kansas City's HazMat 71 and the Northland HazMat Team comprised of units from North Kansas City and South Platte Fire Departments."
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 08:02:20 PM »

Lord, have mercy! What a hazardous world we are living in...

Love never fails.
Myrrh23
OC.net guru

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 08:11:36 PM »

Lord be merciful! Sad

*I am no longer posting on OC.net*

We all have a Black Dog and a White Dog inside of us. The One you feed the most eventually eats the Other.

All are tempted, but it is the courageous person who clings to God during the storm. For the Ego is a prison, but Christ is the Liberator
Alveus Lacuna
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 08:27:33 PM »

God have mercy!
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 09:13:45 PM »

Bless Oh Lord Thy Children ,Protect them From Harm ...Amen
Lord Have Mercy On us all .....Amen

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 09:14:31 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 09:33:40 PM »

Lord have mercy.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Catherine
Elder

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 10:39:55 PM »

Lord, have mercy.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 12:46:01 AM »

Lord have Mercy.
sohma_hatori
Earthbending Novice
High Elder

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church

The Blind Bandit

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 04:46:11 AM »

Lord have Mercy!

""Pride is not the opposite of shame, but it's source. True humility is the only antidote to shame.""
— Iroh- Avatar:The Last Airbender
mike
Warned
Stratopedarches

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 05:15:27 AM »

Lord, have mercy! I hope he will be all right.

We had something similar event in my city in 1989. 4 train tankers with chlorine capsized in the middle of the city. Thanks God neither of them broke during lifting up. It they had broken everyone in range of 20 kilometres apart from those on tallest buildings (chlorine is heavier than air) will die. Every year there is a molebien served in the cathedral for this miracle.

Our chemistry teacher once let us smell hydrogen chloride and it's very sharp and unpleasant smell. But if it doesn't affect you for a long time you will be OK.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 05:18:47 AM by mike » Logged
recent convert
Orthodox Chrisitan
OC.net guru

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian (N.A.)

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2009, 07:29:43 AM »

Lord, have mercy.

Antiochian OC N.A.
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2009, 12:02:45 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: