OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 22, 2014, 10:31:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dinner Workday  (Read 726 times) Average Rating: 0
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: AOCA-DWMA

« on: August 10, 2009, 12:15:46 AM »

Hello, I was wondering if someone could enlighten me as to what a "dinner work day" is.  I did a google and forum search to no avail. If you want to see an example of these, click on the following link, then go to "calender and announcements", then "this months calender".

http://www.stgeorgecathedral.net/
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 04:08:00 PM »

These "Dinner Workdays" could involve preparing food for the Cathedral's Dinner & Food Sale in October.  Depending on the volunteers, some can work mornings; others can work evenings and/or weekends.  Freezers store the food until festival day.
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 05:08:58 PM »

These "Dinner Workdays" could involve preparing food for the Cathedral's Dinner & Food Sale in October.  Depending on the volunteers, some can work mornings; others can work evenings and/or weekends.  Freezers store the food until festival day.

Oh ok. Does anyone else's Cathedral have similar dinner/food sales in October?
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 06:28:11 PM »

Oh ok. Does anyone else's Cathedral have similar dinner/food sales in October?

My Cathedral has a 3-Day Greek Festival every November.  Nearly every Church now has a Dinner/Festival as a major fundraiser throughout the year, except for Lenten periods.

Is there an issue or concern?   Huh
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 10:47:04 PM »

No that's fine. Thanks for the info.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: