Author Topic: Article: "Pope says palliums will be given to new archbishops at home – not Rome  (Read 283 times)

Offline Papist

• Patriarch of Pontification
  • Toumarches
  • Praying for the Christians in Iraq
"Pope says palliums will be given to new archbishops at home – not Rome"

- By Elise Harris

"Vatican City, Jan 29, 2015 / 04:35 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- As a sign of “synodality” with local Churches, Pope Francis has decided that new metropolitan archbishops will officially be imposed with the pallium in their home diocese, rather than the Vatican.

“The meaning of this change is to put more emphasis on the relationship of the metropolitan archbishops – the newly nominated – with their local Church,” Mons. Guido Marini, Papal Master of Ceremonies, told Vatican Radio Jan. 29.

By having the official imposition ceremony in the archbishop’s home diocese, more faithful and bishops in dioceses under the archbishop’s jurisdiction will be able to attend the event, “which is so meaningful to them,” he said..."

Full Article: http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/pope-says-palliums-will-be-given-to-new-archbishops-at-home-not-rome-38692/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+catholicnewsagency%2Fdailynews+%28CNA+Daily+News%29&utm_term=daily+news
You are right. I apologize for having sacked Constantinople. I really need to stop doing that.

Offline Gunnarr

• OC.net guru
I am a demonic servant! Beware!

Offline Alveus Lacuna

• Taxiarches
Seems cool to me.

Offline Gunnarr

• OC.net guru
I dunno, I kind of like the tradition for the bishop to basically make a pilgrimage to Rome to receive it. But reading about it , seems they are still invited for massa and such in Rome. Oh well
I am a demonic servant! Beware!

Offline Fabio Leite

• Protokentarchos
  • За Россию без Путина. For Russia without Putin.
    • Vida Ortodoxa
"Pope says palliums will be given to new archbishops at home – not Rome"

- By Elise Harris

"Vatican City, Jan 29, 2015 / 04:35 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- As a sign of “synodality” with local Churches, Pope Francis has decided that new metropolitan archbishops will officially be imposed with the pallium in their home diocese, rather than the Vatican.

“The meaning of this change is to put more emphasis on the relationship of the metropolitan archbishops – the newly nominated – with their local Church,” Mons. Guido Marini, Papal Master of Ceremonies, told Vatican Radio Jan. 29.

By having the official imposition ceremony in the archbishop’s home diocese, more faithful and bishops in dioceses under the archbishop’s jurisdiction will be able to attend the event, “which is so meaningful to them,” he said..."

Full Article: http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/pope-says-palliums-will-be-given-to-new-archbishops-at-home-not-rome-38692/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+catholicnewsagency%2Fdailynews+%28CNA+Daily+News%29&utm_term=daily+news

+1
There is no such a thing as holly bullies. Not for "holy imperialism", not for the sake of unionist ecumenism.