OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 26, 2014, 06:18:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Michael attacked!  (Read 3266 times) Average Rating: 0
Mexican
Elder

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria

« on: November 21, 2003, 02:58:11 AM »

Michael Jackson is again under attack.

The police is now looking for him in California. He's being accused of "child molestation again". The kids's parents only want his money, they're already asking for money.

I can't believe how someone who has so good feelings and helps poor people and children, and many children with cancer and all that stuff, is being attacked this was by these cowards.

Now he can be arrested and sent to a gaol with common prisioners, rapists, delinquents, and be tortured.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...id=501&ncid=716

Bogoliubtsy
Archon

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2003, 03:03:35 AM »

Ummm.... I'm not so sure I'm going to agree with you on this one. He's had many similar charges brought against him in the past and has admitted on televised interviews that he sleeps in the same bed with young boys and finds it to be completely normal.
Then again, who am I to judge?

"When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist". - Archbishop Hélder Pessoa Câmara
the slave
intolerant of intolerance
High Elder

Faith: Greek Catholic
Jurisdiction: UGCC

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2003, 06:38:53 AM »

This is the guy who holds his child out over a balcony , several floors up , for folk to see ?

Whose kids are always veiled when out of the house ?

Hmmm

"Never let anyone try to tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern. The West was fully Orthodox for a thousand years; and her venerable liturgy is far older than any of her heresies."
- St. John Maximovitch
Innocent
No longer posting on this site
Elder

St. Innocent of Alaska

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2003, 10:21:34 AM »

He opens himself up to these kind of accusations by his words and actions.
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2003, 10:35:36 AM »

Never trust a guy with a fake nose and bleached flesh.

Besides, Jacko will probably just hire Johnny Cockroach to get him off the hook.

He could become a Muslim, move to Sudan, and buy some young Christian slaves. No one there would ever bother him.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2003, 10:36:00 AM by Linus7 » Logged

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
katherine 2001
High Elder

Eastern Orthodox Church--Established in 33 A.D.

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2003, 11:09:01 AM »

Personally, if he did it and gets convicted, maybe he will get help.  If what I've read about his childhood is true, it's probably no wonder he has these problems.  However, this isn't the first time he's been accused of it.  Like Vicki said, he settled a lawsuit based on accusations in 94.   That should have been a wakeup call that he seriously needs help.  He grew up in an abusive home, and he needs counseling.  

What I don't understand is why in the world any parents would allow their children to be alone with him.  Also, to be honest with you, I wonder what the Family Court judge who granted him custody of his children when he and his wife divorced was thinking.  I hope they did a very thorough investigation before granting him custody.  

I pray for the kids and their families.  I pray for Michael too, because I think he needs help.
ania
Life according to Abe Simpson:
OC.net guru

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2003, 11:37:53 AM »

Michael’s just to weird to figure out... but in the long run, why are we concerned with some really screwed up guy's criminal charges, when there is so much other stuff going on???  I really don't like turning on the evening news, and before international, local, & weather, they talk about Michael.  I mean, if I really wanted to know about that stuff, I would watch Access Hollywood, or ET, or some other celebrity tracking shows.  I really hate U.S. media.  Like does anyone here know that currently there's a Maoist uprising going on in Nepal, bordering on civil war...?... or that in Georgia (the country, not the state), there are huge amount of cars & people descending on Tibilsk to join protesters while parliament deliberates with opposition leaders?  Seriously, why should care about Michael Jackson when we have so many other things that are more pertinent???  I'm guilty of pausing while channel surfing when I see something related to certain celebrities, but I don’t think we should have to be bombarded by it so that we are distracted from more important issues.  Ok, that’s my tirade, I’m done nowGǪ
Ania

Now where were we? Oh yeah - the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
The young fogey
Archon

I'm an alpaca, actually

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2003, 11:44:40 AM »

Well put as always, ania.

The answer: it's panem et circenses for the proles whilst the imperial government wages immoral wars, etc.

Why obsess over somebody who hasn't had a hit record in 15 years?

I was more moved by one of the Righteous Brothers dying recently.

ania
OC.net guru

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2003, 01:59:04 PM »

And because this subject unfortunately has held my attention for more than it should have (3 seconds max), I ended up realizing this over lunch... Innocent though he may be (who the heck knows at this point), how can anyone believe anything that comes out of his mouth when he STILL denies having plastic surgeries???

Now where were we? Oh yeah - the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
Mexican
Elder

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2003, 03:58:36 PM »

But you must know, sleeping in the bed with a kid does nit mean you do anything bad to them. Moreover, if something happened I believe it was the parents' fault. Would you let your kids sleep with a guy who had been charged with child abuse over an over again? If you were a child would you agree to go sleep in MJ's house over and over again if he has abused you?

The first charges were all a lie, the boy himself ended up living with his step father and left his mother because she had forced him to be in a court!

He just had a bad childhood he's a child by heart and he wants to live as a child again, I know he needs help, but no matter how weird he is, this does not mean he is a rapist. And the campaign of hate against him in the medias is scary.
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

"Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee..."

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2003, 04:01:25 PM »

[size=72]MICHAEL SUCKS![/size]
« Last Edit: November 21, 2003, 04:01:38 PM by Mor Ephrem » Logged

The Mor has spoken. Let his word endure unto the ages of ages.
katherine 2001
High Elder

Eastern Orthodox Church--Established in 33 A.D.

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2003, 04:14:11 PM »

Mexican, if (and you notice I said if), he is guilty, Michael isn't at all responsible?  I have a hard time buying into that.  We are each responsible for what we do, even if we are sick.  Before you can be helped, you have to admit that you have a problem and that you are responsible for your actions.  I certainly wonder (if the parents knew that the child was on his ranch) why they would have let the child be alone with him.  However, Michael has the main responsibility.  He is an adult and is responsible for his behavior.

Mexican, if he was totally innocent of the charges in the lawsuit, then why did he settle?  If you are totally innocent, would you reward a liar and slanderer by paying him off?  

I'll be the first one to admit that he came from an abusive home, but that does not excuse abusing other people.  

Also, Ania, I agree with you to some degree.  However, if the allegations are true, then he has to be stopped so that no more children get hurt.  Also, he then has no business having custody of his own children either.
ania
OC.net guru

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2003, 05:35:54 PM »

Kathrine, I agree that people should know, but I'm just upset that this story takes priority over more imporant issues.  Call me crazy but I think some nice honest coverage on Iraq (ha, like that ever happens) should have a little more airtime than MJ and Britney & Modonna's (disgusting though it was) kiss.  I'm getting into the habit of watching NTV & BBC, as they seem to have their stories prioritized a "little" better.
Anyway ya'll, have a wonderful fin de semana.
Ania

Ben
Unabashedly Pro-Life
OC.net guru

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2003, 08:06:34 PM »

Michael is very weird...and has many problems..God help him

But let us try to keep INNONCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY in mind.

He's probably guilty...but lets let the courts decide and then God of course, we are not the judge here.

But it is obvious that Michael has had some past problems with this whole child molestation issue.....its all very disturbing...but the fact that Michael is not a journey to Holy Orthodoxy: seeking the truth, is also disturbing!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2003, 08:18:57 PM by Ben » Logged

"I prefer to be accused unjustly, for then I have nothing to reproach myself with, and joyfully offer this to the good Lord. Then I humble myself at the thought that I am indeed capable of doing the thing of which I have been accused. " - Saint
Mexican
Elder

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2003, 08:08:27 PM »

Dear MJ Haters  Angry

In fact all the medias of all the world are that way. They tend to enphasize stupid news, but this is a pop star, millionaire, super famous, who will probably be sent to gaol accused of child molestation. Isn't this a big deal?

I did not say that the fact that he had been beaten as a child made him was an excuse for sexual molestation, but for his desire to live as a child and with toys and games.

Hi Ania  Roll Eyes

How are you.  Smiley

« Last Edit: November 21, 2003, 11:58:22 PM by Mexican » Logged
Karamazov
Elder

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2003, 08:20:14 PM »

I was astounded that the guy could dnagle his kid off the balcony and got away with it!  Here in Winnipeg, Child and Family Services would have had that kid in a foster home faster than you can sing "ABC 123."  And to boot, he'd be facing charges for that, never mind the molestation.

Please pray for Michael Jackson's children, and also all his Neverland guests.
moronikos

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: ...and they were first called Christians in Antioch

I'm trying to think, but nothing happens!

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2003, 11:31:27 PM »

I'd say pray for Mr. Jackson.  He must be tormented to disfigure himself the way he has as shown in his mugshot.  Pray for his children.  Pray for those he may have abused--or may not have.  Pray for truth to come out.

Above all, don't get caught up in the hysteria either way and forget what season we are in.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2003, 01:35:39 AM »

Mexican,

Here is a deposition from the first case:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/doc_o_day/doc_o_day.html

anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: