OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 16, 2014, 08:47:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fantasy Football 2009  (Read 16981 times) Average Rating: 0
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #135 on: December 30, 2009, 12:25:12 PM »

I'm not too sure of my chances.  If I were forced to place a wager on this one, straight-up, I'd probably pick my worthy (and dominant) opponent.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #136 on: December 31, 2009, 01:17:45 PM »

I'm not too sure of my chances.  If I were forced to place a wager on this one, straight-up, I'd probably pick my worthy (and dominant) opponent.

I think you'd do a lot better if you put a punter in.  considering you dont even have one listed...it might help you out...lol. 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #137 on: December 31, 2009, 01:27:16 PM »

I think you'd do a lot better if you put a punter in.  considering you dont even have one listed...it might help you out...lol. 

That's just an indication that my acquisition cleared waivers.  Thank you for the heads-up.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #138 on: December 31, 2009, 02:51:38 PM »

That's just an indication that my acquisition cleared waivers.  Thank you for the heads-up.

No problem!  I thought it was weird that you had one less to play than your opponent, so I checked it out and let you know. 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
coptic orthodox boy
Elder

« Reply #139 on: January 02, 2010, 05:32:51 PM »

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8156d893&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Going to make the championship game quite interesting.  I'll going to have to choose either Sanchez or Brunell to replace Brees; looks like Fr. George has a good chance for the upset.  Hopefully McNabb has a fantastic game, and if I start Sanchez he doesn't end up throwing 5 interceptions.
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #140 on: January 02, 2010, 11:29:38 PM »

Hey do you guys want to keep this going?  They have a fantasy post-season set up, we could all just continue through to the Super Bowl.

WHat do you all think?  Maybe our commissioner can set it up? 

http://challengegames.nfl.com/landing/playoffchallenge?icampaign=PC_fantasypage_410x90

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #141 on: January 03, 2010, 02:09:54 PM »

Going to make the championship game quite interesting.  I'll going to have to choose either Sanchez or Brunell to replace Brees; looks like Fr. George has a good chance for the upset.  Hopefully McNabb has a fantastic game, and if I start Sanchez he doesn't end up throwing 5 interceptions.

Let's hope for a competitive "match" between us. Smiley

---------------------
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #142 on: January 03, 2010, 09:50:32 PM »

Let's hope for a competitive "match" between us. Smiley

congradulations padre!!!

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #143 on: January 04, 2010, 08:20:13 AM »

Thank you.  I wasn't expecting the 200+ output, but I guess I shouldn't be 100% surprised - I didn't have a single guy "benched" for the last game, and I was a bit heavy on the very productive running backs.

Congratulations to all, for a good and competitive season!

---------------------
coptic orthodox boy
Elder

« Reply #144 on: January 04, 2010, 10:00:21 AM »

THE PLAYOFFS ROUND 3 MATCH-UPS

THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
3. Akron Rust Spots (6-5-1) at 1. Washington Politicians (11-2) 223-113

WINNER'S CONSOLATION LADDER

Game 1
4. Baltimore Bootboys (6-6-1) at 2. Norfolk Brigantines (9-4) 145-140

Game 2
6. Holy Cross Wax Candles (5-7) at 5. Boston Brew'ins (5-7) 118-158

CONSOLATION LADDER

Round 3 Bye
9. Team jaloshin (4-8)

Game 1
8. Munich Hefeweizens (4-8) at 7. Νέα Ορλεάνη Καταφράκτοι (5-9) 106-102

Fr. George
Good game.  Sorry couldn't give you much of a challenge.  Seemed everything that could possibly go wrong went wrong for me during the most important game (Brees out, Welker tears MCL and ACL, Boldin hurts his ankle, Jackson and McNabb are shut-out by the Cowboys, etc.).  Naturally, not trying to make excuses; even if all my players were healthy 223 is tough to surpass.

Concerning fantasy football, although I did have fun, I think I am a one and done owner.  It just created too much conflict of interest for me (e.g. cheering for Drew Brees when he was playing against my Redskins).  Fun, but just not for me.
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #145 on: January 04, 2010, 08:19:20 PM »

^ Wait till nxt season, that fantasy fever will take hold...

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #146 on: January 04, 2010, 08:58:37 PM »

So...post-season fantasy fun for anyone?  I'd be happy to set it up if its a problem for Nick...

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #147 on: January 04, 2010, 10:16:52 PM »

I'd love to do it, but the next 5 weeks are brutal (and then Lent arrives). 

Eh, why not - I'll give it a go.

---------------------
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #148 on: January 05, 2010, 12:12:46 AM »

Simply irresistible...

CBS Sports has a Playoff Challenge... Smiley
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 12:15:14 AM by Jakub » Logged

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #149 on: January 05, 2010, 10:58:20 AM »

Simply irresistible...

CBS Sports has a Playoff Challenge... Smiley

So should I go with CBS then?  Anyone particularly care?  i'll check out ESPN, CBS and NFL today and i'll let you guys know by the afternoon.  We gota get on top of it if we're gona do it.  playoffs are this week! 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #150 on: January 05, 2010, 11:03:53 AM »

I'll give it a go, too.  A last hurrah for this year before Lent starts sounds like a good idea Smiley

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #151 on: January 05, 2010, 06:17:16 PM »

OK so here's the deal.  CBS and NFL.com have fantasy post-season. 

CBS = you pick 9 guys who give you your points throughout, so its more of a challenge b/c you either have to pick guys from teams who you think will make it, or guys who will give you the most points and last the longest. 

NFL.com = you pick 9 guys EACH ROUND, and you can change your pics with each round.  It looks like this:
Round 1 -- slot 1 - slot 2 - slot 3 - slot 4- slot 5 - slot 6 - slot 7 - slot 8 - slot 9
Round 2 -- slot 1 - slot 2 - slot 3 - slot 4- slot 5 - slot 6 - slot 7 - slot 8 - slot 9
Round 3 -- slot 1 - slot 2 - slot 3 - slot 4- slot 5 - slot 6 - slot 7 - slot 8 - slot 9
Round 4 -- slot 1 - slot 2 - slot 3 - slot 4- slot 5 - slot 6 - slot 7 - slot 8 - slot 9

etc. etc.  Let me know what you guys think and  email removed me so I can send you invites through email.  Thanks! 

Guys, PM serbski for his email.  I removed it from the post to save him from the internet spambots that like to pick emails off forums and kill them. - Fr. George, GM
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 01:45:20 PM by Fr. George » Logged

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #152 on: January 05, 2010, 09:31:52 PM »

Email sent...

serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #153 on: January 06, 2010, 11:10:45 AM »

Email sent...

any preferance on formats?

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
Schultz
Taxiarches

« Reply #154 on: January 06, 2010, 11:16:00 AM »

I prefer the CBS one.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #155 on: January 06, 2010, 09:08:55 PM »

I believe there are only a few choices, NFL & CBS, I'm already on a family league there, and have changed the lineup at least a dozen times since yesterday...

serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #156 on: January 08, 2010, 11:03:38 AM »

OK I think I have send you the invites, for those who emailed me.  Sorry that it took me longer than I had hoped.  Yesterday was Old Calendar Christmas for me, so I was gone all day. 

I'm not sure if you guys will like it, it doesn't seem like we're competing against each other, so maybe i'll just post the scores every week and we'll just see who does the best, just for the fun of it and all that jazz. 

we'll figure it out.  NFL.com I didn't find an "invite" button...so still trying to figure that one out if any if you know what the dillio is there. 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #157 on: January 08, 2010, 08:46:06 PM »

Chck out ESPN'S Gridiron Playoff Challenge...

How To Play
Overview
The objective of the game is to select a roster of NFL playoff players, while staying under the $50.0m salary cap, and accumulate the most points according to the scoring system.

Name Your Team (Optional)
After selecting your team you can name your team by clicking on the link labeled "Edit Entry Settings" found on your team page. Your team may have up to a maximum length of 25 characters. Once you have named your team, click on the "Submit Entry Settings" button. Your team name can be changed at anytime.

Select Your Players
Rosters must consist of eight (Cool players and one (1) team unit (defense/special teams) which fit under the $50m salary cap. The eight (Cool players on a team's roster consist of the following positions:

2 Quarterbacks (QB)
2 Running Backs (RB)
2 Wide Receivers (WR)
1 Tight End (TE)
1 Kicker (K)
The listed salaries are based on a combination of the players season-to-date and projected playoff statistics according to the scoring system and will adjust twice during this game: once after Wild Card Weekend and once after Divisional Weekend. The range of player values are $8.0-4.0m per and the range of defenses $6.0-3.0m per. Players are moved onto your roster by selecting the position you want to modify and clicking on the green Plus (+) icon next to one of the players in the available players list.

Roster Lock Periods
Roster slots lock individually at the scheduled start time of each player's game. The first lock is the weekend of the NFL Playoffs on Saturday, January 9, 2010 (exact time TBD) and you can change the players around as often as you like up until this time. After the Wild Card Weekend is completed, you will be able to select a new roster for the Divisional Playoffs games. After the Divisional Playoffs are completed, you will again be able to select a new roster if you wish. This is the last roster change period available as the roster you have set for the Conference Championship games is frozen for the remainder of the playoffs (i.e. the Super Bowl as well). The roster change periods are listed below:

Period #1 (Wild Card Weekend): Game launch (Dec. 16) until first kickoff of the Wild Card Weekend games (Jan 9 - time TBD)
Period #2 (Divisional Playoffs): Shortly after the Wild Card Weekend games are complete until first kickoff of Divisional Playoffs (Jan. 16 - time TBD)
Period #3 (Conference Championships): Shortly after the Divisional Playoff games are complete until first kickoff of Conference Championship (Jan. 24 - time TBD). This is the final roster lock.
In order to maximize your possible points for the game, you should have active players for the first 8 games of the playoffs. In other words, do not play any players from teams that have BYE's during the Wild Card Weekend games.

Scoring System
The Gridiron Playoff Challenge scoring system is as follows:

All positions (QB, RB, WR, K):

6 pts per rushing, receiving or return TD
4 pts per passing TD
3 pts per field goal (FG) made (any distance)
2 pts per passing, rushing or receiving 2pt conversion
1 pt per 10 yards rushing or receiving
1 pt per 25 yards passing
1 pt per extra point (XP) made
Defensive/Special Teams (D/ST):

10 pts for 0 points allowed
7 pts for 2-6 points allowed
4 pts for 7-13 points allowed
1 pt for 14-17 points allowed
0 pts for 18-21 points allowed (note: team defense is responsible for all points allowed)
-1 pts for 22-27 points allowed
-4 pts for 28-34 points allowed
-7 pts for 35-45 points allowed
-10 pts for 46+ points allowed
5 pts per team win
3 pts per defensive or special teams TD
2 pts per interception
2 pts per fumble recovery
2 pts per blocked punt, PAT, or FG (note: a deflected kick of any kind does not receive points)
2 pts per safety
1 pt per sack
There are no negative points for fumbles, interceptions, missed FGs or lost yardage.

Tiebreakers
In the event of a tie between two or more teams, the winner will be determined by the following tiebreakers, in order of listing:

Tiebreaker #1 - Your predicted total points scored guess in Super Bowl XLIV is compared to the actual game results. The entry with the smallest total difference is considered the winning entry.
Tiebreaker #2 - Same as above except with total rushing yards instead of total points.
In all cases, an entry that does not win a tiebreaker is eliminated from consideration.

Join a Group
Groups allow you to compete against the general public or against people you only know. There are two kinds of groups: Public and Private. Public groups are open for anyone to join while private groups can only be accessed by a password the creator of the group makes. All links to join or create a group are found on the main Group Directory page. Use the "Search" box to find a specific group you're looking for. Each entry can join up to 3 groups. Groups can be joined or left at anytime. Note: There is no prize awarded for winning a group.

serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #158 on: January 08, 2010, 11:01:55 PM »

Just sent an invite to all you guys for CBS and for ESPN.  NFL.com was too crazy.  couldn't find the invite button.  Hope we can figure this out...I might need some help doing it!  lol. 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #159 on: January 08, 2010, 11:33:40 PM »

ESPN has player pics and appears to be easier and more options, like who picked who etc...

serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #160 on: January 12, 2010, 12:47:30 PM »

As i'm still figuring this out, I thought i'd at leas post MY Scores.  If everyone wants to post their scores, it might be the easiest way to do this.  
(unless someone has a better way that i'm not aware of...)

NFL.com (for those of you that signed up) = I got 84 points, and I had Willis McGehee go forward (2x points) and the Jets DF (2x points).

CBS = I thought I had it figured out but I didn't.  So, I wound up with only 31 points.  Only 3 of my guys played...cuz i'm a fool.  lol.

(CBS) OCNET Overall Standings
Rank   Team   Points
1   Bayview Bootboys    115
2   TeamDJ    83
3   Juggernaut    31

On ESPN I had a total of 70.  

Sorry, I just figured out how to start a group (for espn), so I sent you guys an invite.  Please forgive me, this is my first time doing this!!

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #161 on: January 12, 2010, 10:13:22 PM »

Exactly where is the group on ESPN Public/Private ? Been looking...

serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #162 on: January 13, 2010, 01:20:15 PM »

Exactly where is the group on ESPN Public/Private ? Been looking...

I should have sent you an email invite. let me know if that didn't happen. 

Otherwise, if you look at your frontpage you will see 3 tabs: frontpage, my entry, leaderboard.

If you click on frontpage, your team should show up.  Then to the right of your team should be a link for "groups".  You can just search for our group, it's "OCNET"

Let me know if you need further help, or another email invite. 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #163 on: January 13, 2010, 11:58:46 PM »

Got the email link...looks like a two some, nothing's changed, we play to win...

serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #164 on: January 14, 2010, 02:25:42 PM »

Got the email link...looks like a two some, nothing's changed, we play to win...

Heck yah bro.  I'm definitely behind, but you never know man.  I'm just excited to try to figure it out.  It's totally different than the regular season.  Very exciting. 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #165 on: January 19, 2010, 03:01:05 PM »

NFL.com, ROUND 2 of the playoffs = 79 points. (for me)

CBS.com fantasy =
OCNET Week 19 Overall Standings
Rank   Team   Points
1   Bayview Bootboys    200
2   TeamDJ    161
3   Juggernaut    97

ESPN.com fantasy =
1   JBDB10, j. bonczek   105   90   0   0   195   57.7
2   Juggernauts, N. Pantic   70   85   0   0   155   37.1

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
Schultz
Taxiarches

« Reply #166 on: January 19, 2010, 03:21:08 PM »

I am now committed to a Colts v. Saints Superbowl, at least as far as the Playoff Challenge goes.

serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #167 on: January 19, 2010, 03:29:43 PM »

I am now committed to a Colts v. Saints Superbowl, at least as far as the Playoff Challenge goes.

I just really like the Jets defence, so I have them in for that, but i'm with you, Colts & Saints, even though Jets are looking really dangerous.  Vikings are just hilarious to me.  How they're still around...is a miracle...lol. 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
Schultz
Taxiarches

« Reply #168 on: January 19, 2010, 03:31:54 PM »

I ran out of transactions, so I still have the Jets as my D/ST, but everyone else is either a Colt or a Saint.  Since I'm partial to Indy, that's where most of my team lies Smiley

GO COLTS!  (something that is dangerous to utter in the city I live, you know  Wink )

serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #169 on: January 19, 2010, 04:32:37 PM »

I ran out of transactions, so I still have the Jets as my D/ST, but everyone else is either a Colt or a Saint.  Since I'm partial to Indy, that's where most of my team lies Smiley

GO COLTS!  (something that is dangerous to utter in the city I live, you know  Wink )

Didn't the colts use to be in Baltimore??  I thought I remember that from conversations in the past...

I think I have 3 transactions left.  I got pretty lucky on some of my picks, but I didn't get good points.  maybe i'll win out in the end...I am closing in for sure. 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
Schultz
Taxiarches

« Reply #170 on: January 19, 2010, 05:02:40 PM »

Yes, the Colts used to be in Baltimore and most anyone who cares about football here is still very bitter about the Midnight Move, as it's known around here.

It is an unwritten rule that one does not refer to the Colts by that name, but as the "Indianapolis team" or "Indy".  Indeed, at Ravens Stadium, the Colts are the only team whose city name is displayed on the scoreboard instead of their mascot/team name.

I knew I'd end up trading in for Colts players at some point, but wanted to take advantage of some of the other match-ups in the earlier rounds, particularly Green Bay. Smiley

coptic orthodox boy
Elder

« Reply #171 on: January 21, 2010, 09:09:42 PM »

My mom grew up in Ellicott City and sometimes we go up to visit her dad or brother and I can still sense the grudge many still hold against the Colts.  It's a shame, would be awesome to have Peyton Manning playing so close to my home; a team with so much history should have stayed put in Baltimore (or left the name "Colts" behind).  It's quite fun to drive around the Maryland suburbs and have my mom or grandfather point out the houses which Colts players used to live in (on a side note, my father's father played high school ball with Dick Butkus).  Baltimore does have the Ravens now, but it just isn't the same.
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #172 on: January 26, 2010, 09:55:26 PM »

points for last sunday

NFL.com = 176

CBS.com = 272

ESPN.com

1   JBDB10,    105   90   143   0   338   82.4
2   Juggernauts, N. Pantic   70   85   57   0   212   36.0
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 09:59:06 PM by serb1389 » Logged

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #173 on: January 26, 2010, 10:00:42 PM »

It ain't done yet, on ESPN what ever players that were picked(Colts/Saints) roll over to the Super Bowl...

serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #174 on: January 28, 2010, 10:51:00 AM »

It ain't done yet, on ESPN what ever players that were picked(Colts/Saints) roll over to the Super Bowl...

It's interesting that on CBS that's the only one where you don't get extra points for rolling over and etc.  all the other ones do. 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
Schultz
Taxiarches

« Reply #175 on: January 28, 2010, 11:34:46 AM »

Overall @ CBS.com = 309

Everyone but my D/ST is either on the Colts or the Saints.

I think I have this in the bag Wink

Jakub
Archon

« Reply #176 on: January 28, 2010, 08:44:35 PM »

I fergot to check out Fox Sports Fantasy, they were on par with ESPN last time though it was 2 years ago...

I'm not too thrilled with the CBS format...

serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #177 on: August 11, 2010, 11:43:47 AM »

So...anyone want to start this again for this season!?!? 

I'd love to help out in any way!  had a great time last year

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
Schultz
Taxiarches

« Reply #178 on: August 11, 2010, 11:50:59 AM »

So...anyone want to start this again for this season!?!? 

I'd love to help out in any way!  had a great time last year

i'm in!

Tags: Fantasy Football sports NFL 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: