Author Topic: Bad joke  (Read 119529 times)

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
Re: Bad joke
« Reply #450 on: July 24, 2018, 11:15:24 PM »
So I always suspected this, but it was confirmed tonight on the Kitboga stream: the reason Microsoft never released a Windows 9 was because 7 8 9. So they just skipped from 8 to 10 and pretended the '9' incident never happened. Alex Jones has more on his website I believe.

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #451 on: July 25, 2018, 12:30:52 AM »
Poland and Ireland are playing a football match. A train goes by whistling and the Irish team goes back home thinking the game is over.
Half an hour later, Ireland scores its first goal.
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

May the Blessed Light shine Forth

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Taxiarches
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Patriarchate/POC
« Reply #452 on: July 25, 2018, 05:13:13 AM »
^^ so true...
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
« Reply #453 on: July 25, 2018, 01:04:22 PM »
^^ so true...
whoops, I said Ireland twice, it was supposed for the Polish to leave and the Irish to score  :P
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Taxiarches
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Patriarchate/POC
« Reply #454 on: July 25, 2018, 01:30:27 PM »
^^ so true...
whoops, I said Ireland twice, it was supposed for the Polish to leave and the Irish to score  :P
You know, I thought about Thiago Cionek in our first match of this year championship and about last minutes of the match with Japan.
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Offline Jackson02

• High Elder
  • Faith: Genuine Orthodox Church
  • Jurisdiction: Inquiring
« Reply #455 on: July 25, 2018, 02:13:11 PM »
An American tourist in Germany goes to a bar and asks for a drink in English. The bartender says he can't fully understand him.

The man replies - "Why not? English is a western Germanic language.

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
« Reply #456 on: July 25, 2018, 02:47:20 PM »
An American tourist in Germany goes to a bar and asks for a drink in English. The bartender says he can't fully understand him.

The man replies - "Why not? English is a western Germanic language.
Fun fact: dialects of northern Germany and Netherlands (called Platt) are genetically (I mean, in their origins) nearer to English than to standard German or Dutch. Compare he/she/it with Platt he/se/et and German er/sie/es. Make/eat/seat would be maken/eten/sitten, while in standard German it should be machen/essen/sitzen (plus initial "s" sounds like "z" in standard German while it sounds like "s" in Platt and English).

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #457 on: September 18, 2018, 01:53:56 AM »
Kid: Daddy?
Dad: Yes, son?
Kid: Why is the church advertising A&W root beer?

Offline Alpha60

• Pray without ceasing!
  • Archon
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
« Reply #458 on: September 18, 2018, 04:03:15 AM »
My mother likes to tell this joke:

What goes oom?

A cow walking backwards.

:-X

An even worse one:

What goes hippity-hop through the mud?

The Easter Pig.

::double facepalm::
"It is logical that the actions of the human race over time will lead to its destruction.  I, Alpha 60, am merely the agent of this destruction."

- The computer Alpha 60, from Alphaville (1964) by Jean Luc Godard, the obvious inspiration for HAL-9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey. 

This signature is not intended to offend any user, nor the relatives of Discovery 1 deputy commander Dr. Frank Poole,  and crew members Dr. Victor Kaminsky, Dr. Jack Kimball, and Dr. Charles Hunter.

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
« Reply #459 on: September 18, 2018, 12:28:23 PM »
A high-ranking officer was inspecting his troops and realised one of his soldiers wasn't in proper uniform, for which the officer sent him to prison for one week due to indiscipline. One month later, the same officer was inspecting his troops and realised that not only was the same soldier improperly uniformed, but also he wasn't even saluting him. The officer got extremely angry and yelled at him asking why he wasn't saluting, to which the soldier answered: "Sorry, man, I thought we weren't friends anymore."

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
« Reply #460 on: September 18, 2018, 12:28:35 PM »
I don't get it

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #461 on: September 18, 2018, 12:35:20 PM »
I don't get it

He was looking at the letters alpha and omega

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
« Reply #462 on: September 18, 2018, 12:41:02 PM »
I don't get it

He was looking at the letters alpha and omega
lol!