Author Topic: "His blood be upon us and upon our children!"  (Read 1648 times)

Offline Charles Martel

• Traditional Roman Catholic
  • Protokentarchos
Re: "His blood be upon us and upon our children!"
« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2015, 02:22:28 PM »
You're probably right, but at least it shows that not all Jews who think deeply about their religion are the neurotic Christophobes you paint them as.
I never said ALL Jews Volnutt. But that's the game that's played.
Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.

Offline Volnutt

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2015, 02:33:23 PM »
You're probably right, but at least it shows that not all Jews who think deeply about their religion are the neurotic Christophobes you paint them as.

Alright. I'll take your word for it.

Offline Charles Martel

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2015, 03:50:51 PM »

Alright. I'll take your word for it.
Thank you.
Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.

Offline Raylight

• Archon
  • Queen Elizabeth I
  • Faith: Christian.
  • Jurisdiction: Anglican Church of Canada.
« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2015, 04:03:22 PM »
Ewww, I feel disgusting after talking to homophobic and antisemitic people. I don't know why I let myself go that low and waste a second of my life on people full of hate.

You would think after what the world gone through because of hate, people will wake up. But I guess some people have very pathetic life that they need to blame others for their misery.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 04:04:31 PM by Raylight »
I will continue to label myself Christian, and Anglican, in respect for my baptism. Even though I still struggle with doubts. I don't believe it is fair to dismiss it that easily because of some doubt.

Offline mike

• The Jerk
  • Stratopedarches
  • Shevchenko - extraordinary poet and top footballer
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Makurian Orthodox
« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2015, 04:06:27 PM »
Ewww, I feel disgusting after talking to homophobic and antisemitic people. I don't know why I let myself go that low and waste a second of my life on people full of hate.

You would think after what the world gone through because of hate, people will wake up. But I guess some people have very pathetic life that they need to blame others for their misery.

emphasis mine
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

not everything I typed before [insert current date] may reflect my current views on the subject

Offline Raylight

• Archon
  • Queen Elizabeth I
« Reply #95 on: June 14, 2015, 04:12:20 PM »

emphasis mine

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will continue to label myself Christian, and Anglican, in respect for my baptism. Even though I still struggle with doubts. I don't believe it is fair to dismiss it that easily because of some doubt.

Offline Cyrillic

• Arbiter Elegantiarum
  • Toumarches
  • We must go back!
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Finland
« Reply #96 on: June 14, 2015, 04:22:06 PM »

You're the living proof that you don't need to have a very strict religion to be a sanctimonious whiner.
"We are the hollow men
We are the stuffed men
Leaning together
Headpiece filled with straw. Alas!"
-T.S. Eliot

Offline Charles Martel

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #97 on: June 15, 2015, 04:58:13 AM »
You mean like blaming Catholics?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 04:59:12 AM by Charles Martel »

Offline andrewlya

• OC.net guru
  • God is One & Jesus is the Messiah.
  • Jurisdiction: Pro-Conservatism. Anti-liberalism.
« Reply #98 on: June 17, 2015, 01:02:22 PM »

why do you say that ,are you gay?
I believe in one God the Father and His Son the Messiah, the Savior of all people.

Offline Antonis

• Μέγα το Θαυμά!
  • OC.net guru
  • Πρώτο ο Θεός
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: GOA - Direct Archdiocesan District
« Reply #99 on: June 17, 2015, 01:52:21 PM »

You're saying more hateful things about groups of people than anyone else in this thread.
As I dissipate, Christ precipitates.

Offline Raylight

• Archon
  • Queen Elizabeth I
« Reply #100 on: June 17, 2015, 04:07:05 PM »

why do you say that ,are you gay?

My sexuality is not your business or anyone's else. If you think that someone must be gay to dislike homophobes, then you are surely mistaken.

Offline Raylight

• Archon
  • Queen Elizabeth I
« Reply #101 on: June 17, 2015, 04:14:10 PM »

You're saying more hateful things about groups of people than anyone else in this thread.

That is a big lie. I don't believe anyone here would say more hateful things than Charles Martel. I'm not the one who blame a whole group of people for the death of a god that us supposedly wanted to be killed in the first place. ( None should be blamed for the death of someone who allegedly came to earth to die in the first place. A god that said those who break the Sabbath must surely be put to death, then centuries later get upset at those who keep the Sabbath. A god that said even those who come with miracles and claim to be from God but call you to worship another god, must be rejected, yet, he came with a whole foreign theology and strange language and called the people to a whole different idea of god, and then blame those who followed what is written and that is to reject such people.  You can't have your cake and eat it). I'm not the one who use the same old big fat lie that is used for 2000 years to justify the church's persecution of the Jewish People. I'm not the one who call the damnation for a whole country like some member did here.  After all that and you say I'm the one who said the most hateful things. I believe one of the christian values is to say the truth, or is it okay to not say the truth as long as it is convenient for you. I can't really tell. In one place it said to turn the other check, in another place, people who killed innocents are considered saints. I guess anything goes in Christianity these days.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 04:18:51 PM by Raylight »

Offline kelly

• UNSUBSCRIBED
  • Archon
  • St. Olga Nikolaevna
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Alpaca ministries
« Reply #102 on: June 17, 2015, 04:15:28 PM »
Back already to tell us how horrible we all are?
"But we must live in the world, having peace in our soul. We must live amidst strangers; we must suffer, struggle, and firmly believe. We must seek our consolation in prayer and not doubt the love and compassion of God. He is above everyone and everything."

This user posts here but probably shouldn't.

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Toumarches
  • Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)
« Reply #103 on: June 17, 2015, 04:20:04 PM »

That is a big lie. I don't believe anyone here would say more hateful things than Charles Martel. I'm not the one who blame a whole group of people to the death of a god that supposedly wanted to be killed in the first place. ( None should be blamed for the death of someone who allegedly came to earth to die in the first place. You can't have you cake and eat it). I'm not the one who use the same old big fat lie that is used for 2000 years to justify the church's persecution of the Jewish People. I'm not the one who call the damnation for a whole country like some member did here.  After all that and you say I'm the one who said the most hateful things. I believe one of the christian values is to say the truth, or is it okay to not say the truth as long as it is convenient for you. I can't really tell. In one place it said to turn the other check, in another place, people who killed innocents are considered saints. I guess anything goes in Christianity these days.

So you left Christianity because of Charles?  Or because you're confused about why Christ came on earth?  I think your problems stem a bit deeper and you need to examine yourself rather than pointing the fingers on others.  I'm not saying we're perfect.  We're all sinners.  But you are putting yourself as if you're better than us here, and that is why some people find your reaction a bit offensive.

You can tell others here have disagreed with Charles.  So why make a sweeping generalization?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 04:20:39 PM by minasoliman »
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline Raylight

• Archon
  • Queen Elizabeth I
« Reply #104 on: June 17, 2015, 04:20:55 PM »
Back already to tell us how horrible we all are?

Who said you're horrible. There are bad people here and bad people there. I'm not good myself.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 04:34:35 PM by Raylight »

Offline Raylight

• Archon
  • Queen Elizabeth I
« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2015, 04:26:29 PM »

That is a big lie. I don't believe anyone here would say more hateful things than Charles Martel. I'm not the one who blame a whole group of people to the death of a god that supposedly wanted to be killed in the first place. ( None should be blamed for the death of someone who allegedly came to earth to die in the first place. You can't have you cake and eat it). I'm not the one who use the same old big fat lie that is used for 2000 years to justify the church's persecution of the Jewish People. I'm not the one who call the damnation for a whole country like some member did here.  After all that and you say I'm the one who said the most hateful things. I believe one of the christian values is to say the truth, or is it okay to not say the truth as long as it is convenient for you. I can't really tell. In one place it said to turn the other check, in another place, people who killed innocents are considered saints. I guess anything goes in Christianity these days.

So you left Christianity because of Charles?  Or because you're confused about why Christ came on earth?  I think your problems stem a bit deeper and you need to examine yourself rather than pointing the fingers on others.  I'm not saying we're perfect.  We're all sinners.  But you are putting yourself as if you're better than us here, and that is why some people find your reaction a bit offensive.

You can tell others here have disagreed with Charles.  So why make a sweeping generalization?

Mina, I never claimed to be good. I know myself and I know that I'm far from good. I never said that all people here are bad. There are plenty of members here who I admire and respect.

Yes, I'm confused about Christ's divinity and who he really is. I think you've seen that coming few days ago. Probably in reality I left Christianity because it doesn't make sense to me anymore, and some of the comments here pushed me over the edge or you can say " Wiped out any emotional resistance to say that I don't believe anymore ). Probably what I read of some people here made it less painful for me to realize that I don't believe anymore

There are few people here who aim to attack other people every time they can. Those are the ones I pointed my fingers at. They are the loudest here.

My apologies to anyone that may be offended by what I said. It is very hard to not get upset when suddenly you have people coming to the thread, throwing couple of words here and there and sit down and watch the results. It is upsetting when a member that I used to respect, became one of those who come and write down a line or two and then leave.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 04:30:24 PM by Raylight »

Offline TheTrisagion

• The cat is back and its better than ever!
  • Toumarches
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2015, 05:12:01 PM »
Raylight, I don't mean to offend, but you seem to be rather quick to seek a label for yourself. I know you have struggled with many doctrines and practices in Christianity, but it is not something you have to make an immediate decision on. Content yourself with just being a seeker of truth. Throw out the bad stuff that comes across your path and hold to the good stuff. You will find plenty of both here on this forum just like you will anywhere else you may be. Eventually, you will work things out. Those that seek will find; it just requires patiences and tenacity. God bless.
Guys! They're not intercoursing. It's just an unfortunate angle.

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Toumarches
  • Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)
« Reply #107 on: June 17, 2015, 05:26:30 PM »
Raylight, I don't mean to offend, but you seem to be rather quick to seek a label for yourself. I know you have struggled with many doctrines and practices in Christianity, but it is not something you have to make an immediate decision on. Content yourself with just being a seeker of truth. Throw out the bad stuff that comes across your path and hold to the good stuff. You will find plenty of both here on this forum just like you will anywhere else you may be. Eventually, you will work things out. Those that seek will find; it just requires patiences and tenacity. God bless.

+1

Ray, take your time.  Do not rush in a decision.  God understands your heart.  I think one of the virtues you will need to acquire is to slow down and be slow to anger, slow to judge, and slow to make decisions on your personal beliefs.  It make take you a couple of months or even years to finally feel comfortable and confident with the truths you seek.  No one is rushing you, and be very patient and loving, even if others seem to be hateful.  Sometimes I try to remind myself I am no better.  I forget that lesson for myself, so I'm still working on it, but eventually, I think it will help put things to perspective for you and to be more sympathetic, even to those who frustrate you.  Ask yourself, what can I do to turn this around for the betterment of my soul when I confront situations that frustrate me?

God bless you and strengthen you.
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Online Mor Ephrem

• The Fourteenth Apostle and Judge of the Interwebs
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • "I pledge allegiance to the flag..."
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Czech Lands
« Reply #108 on: June 17, 2015, 05:40:47 PM »
Raylight, I don't mean to offend, but you seem to be rather quick to seek a label for yourself.

And quick to change such labels once obtained. 
"Do not tempt the Mor thy Mod."

Bartholomew, 270th Archbishop of Constantinople-New Rome and Ecumenical Patriarch, is spiritual leader to 300 million Orthodox Christians throughout the world.

Offline Raylight

• Archon
  • Queen Elizabeth I
« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2015, 07:00:42 PM »

I won't be offended by you because I know your intentions and therefor I read your comments with more understanding and less resistance . ( Some members when I read their comments I turn into "self-defense" mode because I'm used to be attacked or ridiculed by them ) I'm quick to change, quick to label myself either this or that. But usually the big things that happened in my life and that changed the direction of it are things that happened very fast. But I understand your advice and I agree and will try to work to apply it to my situation.

Thank you very much :)

Offline Raylight

• Archon
  • Queen Elizabeth I
« Reply #110 on: June 17, 2015, 07:08:10 PM »

+1

Ray, take your time.  Do not rush in a decision.  God understands your heart.  I think one of the virtues you will need to acquire is to slow down and be slow to anger, slow to judge, and slow to make decisions on your personal beliefs.  It make take you a couple of months or even years to finally feel comfortable and confident with the truths you seek.  No one is rushing you, and be very patient and loving, even if others seem to be hateful.  Sometimes I try to remind myself I am no better.  I forget that lesson for myself, so I'm still working on it, but eventually, I think it will help put things to perspective for you and to be more sympathetic, even to those who frustrate you.  Ask yourself, what can I do to turn this around for the betterment of my soul when I confront situations that frustrate me?

God bless you and strengthen you.

Thank you Mina :)  As hard as some of the advice you mentioned are to practice , I will try to find a way to apply them on such situations. It is hard to control my emotions, it is hard to try and calm down before reacting, it will take time and self-control.

Offline Raylight

• Archon
  • Queen Elizabeth I
« Reply #111 on: June 17, 2015, 07:08:30 PM »
Raylight, I don't mean to offend, but you seem to be rather quick to seek a label for yourself.

And quick to change such labels once obtained.

:) ;)

Offline Charles Martel

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #112 on: June 18, 2015, 04:52:44 AM »

That is a big lie. I don't believe anyone here would say more hateful things than Charles Martel. I'm not the one who blame a whole group of people for the death of a god that us supposedly wanted to be killed in the first place. ( None should be blamed for the death of someone who allegedly came to earth to die in the first place. A god that said those who break the Sabbath must surely be put to death, then centuries later get upset at those who keep the Sabbath. A god that said even those who come with miracles and claim to be from God but call you to worship another god, must be rejected, yet, he came with a whole foreign theology and strange language and called the people to a whole different idea of god, and then blame those who followed what is written and that is to reject such people.  You can't have your cake and eat it). I'm not the one who use the same old big fat lie that is used for 2000 years to justify the church's persecution of the Jewish People. I'm not the one who call the damnation for a whole country like some member did here.  After all that and you say I'm the one who said the most hateful things. I believe one of the christian values is to say the truth, or is it okay to not say the truth as long as it is convenient for you. I can't really tell. In one place it said to turn the other check, in another place, people who killed innocents are considered saints. I guess anything goes in Christianity these days.
Not for nothing Ray and I know you're a bit sentimental........but this an absolute distortion of anything I posted on this thread.

And you're way off on the Church "persecuting" the Jews. Unless trying to convert them includes "persecuting" them. Which, I'm sure many of the rabbis would interpret it this way. The rabbi is the impediment of the Jew to conversion, not the "Christ" like sage full of wisdom who merely doesn't believe messiah has returned yet. I'm sorry if this offends you or any other Jews on here. But it's the truth.

And just so you know Ray, the Church is the Israel of God. Not the secular nation  that now occupies Palestine. This is Church teaching established by the early Church fathers from the beginning of Christianity.

So, now that your settled down, go back and re-read what I posted.

Offline andrewlya

• OC.net guru
  • God is One & Jesus is the Messiah.
  • Jurisdiction: Pro-Conservatism. Anti-liberalism.
« Reply #113 on: June 20, 2015, 06:12:03 PM »

Have you really left Christianity? What for, what are you now?
I believe in one God the Father and His Son the Messiah, the Savior of all people.