OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 23, 2014, 06:39:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Orthodox Christian soccer fans out there?  (Read 910 times) Average Rating: 0
nicodemus

OC.net

« on: November 21, 2003, 03:02:06 PM »

My wife and I are soccer fans and I know a few other Orthodox that are too.  We often travel to soccer games on vacation (particularly the US National Team) and if any others are out there, it'd be nice to talk to you.  We've met so many nice people traveling to games and it would be nice to meet some of y'all if we're ever in your area.

I know it is kind of off topic, but the reason I ask is that I spend some times on some soccer message boards, but the conversation over there can get quite hostile and times, and it would be nice to be able to talk about "the beautiful game' in a more friendly atmosphere!

My favorite teams are the US National Team and the Chicago Fire.
Mexican
Elder

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2003, 04:08:03 PM »

I am also a big football fan, my favourite teams Blackburn Rovers and Chelsea.

From Mexico I liked Toros Neza (it's now in the Second Division) and Necaxa the champion team in Mexico.

From other countries I like CSKA Sofiya (from Bulgaria, a Mexican player "Abuelo" Cruz played there).
nicodemus

OC.net

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2003, 05:17:42 PM »

I am also a big football fan, my favourite teams Blackburn Rovers and Chelsea.

I'm going to watch the Blackburn - Manchester United game tomorrow morning.  I can't wait.  It is especially interesting to me since both teams have American keepers.  

Did you see that Chivas is starting a team in San Diego, CA called Chivas USA?
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2003, 05:59:02 PM »

I like soccer a lot. In fact, I am the assistant coach at the school where I teach.

I have not been following the professionals too much. I like to catch European soccer on the tube when I can and sometimes the university stuff.

I've seen Russian kids play it in the snow.

Now that's interesting!  Grin

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: