OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 02, 2014, 05:18:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dropping off my husband at 4 am tomorrow  (Read 1242 times) Average Rating: 0
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« on: July 24, 2009, 08:36:00 PM »

My husband's leave extension was denied. Actually we applied for the extension a week ago but they didn't get around to notifying us that it was denied until yesterday. This assured that we couldn't go thru other avenues to get the extension granted. Angry We have a date when everyone has to be out of Afghanistan. They should be leaving well before that date, but at least we know the LATEST my husband will be there now. We still have no clue when he will actually be home since this is a hobbled together group with portions of units from all around the country. So where, when and how he will demobilize is still up in the air. He could be on "lockdown" at a base for a month stateside before he comes home. It would be nice if that lockdown is here in our state. It would be even nicer if they let him commute to de-mobe Grin In any case he should be home before Christmas (and our 13th wedding anniversary on New Years Eve Grin ).

We will (as we always do) stay up all night talking and such and then leave here (with all the kids) early tomorrow morning. My birthday is Sunday along with my baby shower at the parish. This will be my first go at having all four kids in a public setting and I am a little intimidated. Initially it was planned to be a welcome home for a bit party for my husband as well. But being induced early made the timetable for everything move up. So it will just be my birthday, my baby shower and our eldest's nameday.

I have planned to ply my kids with Peanuts cartoons tomorrow afternoon to help them (and me) deal with the sadness and stress of my husband's departure. I can't take them anywhere fun as a distraction so peanuts cartoons are the best I can do. If you could pray that we all do well with all this separation and such that would be wonderful. Particularly if you could pray for our 2 year old son Ollie that would be great. He is a mommy's boy by default. He would rather be around his Dad/Baba more than anyone else in the world. And currently he doesn't do well when my husband leaves the room. He wants my husband and I in the same room at all times. This is all way more than he can understand. And I am still coming down from my 10 month hormonal rollercoaster of pregnancy. Not to mention I am supposed to be on modified bedrest for another couple weeks but that will be impossible once my husband leaves. And my brother just injured his back so all the lifting and housework is on me once my husband leaves. So prayer for my continued recovery (despite not resting) and sanity would be wonderful as well.

Thank you to all that have prayed thus far.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 08:40:53 PM by Quinault » Logged
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 08:43:12 PM »

Lord, have mercy on your servants.

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
HandmaidenofGod
Archon

Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA (Ecumenical Patriarch)

O Holy St. Demetrius pray to God for us!

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 09:08:28 PM »

Lord have mercy!!!!!!

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
Douglas
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 09:12:53 PM »

Wow. You have a lot on your plate. My wife and I will remember you in our poor prayers, Quinault. Lord, have mercy on your handmaiden and her son and protect her dear husband.

Douglas no longer posts on the forum.
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 09:15:08 PM »

Lord, have mercy on Quinault and her family. Grant them strength as they await the return of husband and father.

Difficult times for you, Quinault. Hugs to you from half a world away.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
Myrrh23
OC.net guru

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 09:17:33 PM »

Lord, look after Quin and her family! Keep her husband and all in his Unit safe! Be a shoulder to him when he finally returns home!

*I am no longer posting on OC.net*

We all have a Black Dog and a White Dog inside of us. The One you feed the most eventually eats the Other.

All are tempted, but it is the courageous person who clings to God during the storm. For the Ego is a prison, but Christ is the Liberator
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 11:06:52 PM »

Lord have Mercy.
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2009, 04:19:28 PM »

So a simple thing like dropping of my husband turned into a very complicated phone tag for my husband. When he arrived at the gate this morning they told him that his ticket was changed to the 31st. Then he tried to call the admin in Afghanistan to no avail and ended up talking to his section who told him to get on the next flight anyway. So he is likely in Dallas just sitting around doing nothing at the moment because they insisted he get on the flight even though he would miss his connecting flight. So it looks like his extension WAS granted for a week but no one bothered to tell us that- instead they chose to tell us the opposite. Frustrating morning.....
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2009, 05:43:08 PM »

Angry

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2009, 06:16:14 PM »

Now his flight to Kuwait is delayed until Monday. So he sits waiting in Dallas for the time being. And my body informed me today that I better slow down or it will MAKE ME slow down by hemorrhaging - all because I carried my 2 year old from the car to the front door. (he wasn't wearing shoes and was crying about Daddy, how could I resist?)
Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2009, 09:33:23 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Love never fails.
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2009, 12:20:08 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

I really feel for you, Quinault.  I sincerely hope things get easier for you and your family!

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2009, 04:52:02 AM »

Lord Have Mercy !And may the Blessed Lord Protect You the wee ones and him....Amen Amen..

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2009, 09:48:25 AM »

Lord, have mercy upon your Handmaiden!

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2009, 10:06:49 AM »

Lord, have mercy

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2009, 11:47:11 AM »

Lord, have mercy.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: