OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 31, 2014, 12:16:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Protopresbyter Elias Wen Turns 107  (Read 975 times) Average Rating: 0
Innocent
No longer posting on this site
Elder

St. Innocent of Alaska

« on: November 18, 2003, 07:53:18 PM »

This is a nice story. He should write a book on his life. I bet it would contain some awesome history and theology.

Fr. Elias Wen
« Last Edit: November 18, 2003, 07:54:01 PM by Innocent » Logged
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2003, 08:33:02 PM »

It may be a bit difficult for Fr. Elias to write his autobiography on his own at this advanced stage of his life due to failing eyesight, but it would be wonderful if someone collected all the anecdotes about him and also sought out any of his written sermons to put into book form along with anecdotes and biographical details.  

I read of Fr. Elias Wen years ago.  I had no idea he was still living and had reached such a ripe old age.  May God grant his faithful servant, the Protopresbyter Elias, long life, health, salvation, and many, many more blessed years!!!

Hypo-Ortho
nicodemus

OC.net

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2003, 08:30:34 PM »

May God grant Fr. Elias many more years!  And may He Resurrect the Church in China!
gregory2
Elder

Most Holy Theotokos, Save Us!

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2003, 09:16:22 PM »

Many years Father Elias!

There's a beautiful photo-essay book (about 65 pages) of the ROCOR cathedral in San Francisco's anniversary (put out in 2001 or so), and it has photos of Father Elias - I'm pretty sure he served with St John of Shanghai when they were in China and again in America.

It's a wonderful book for anyone who's interested in the church in San Francisco, Orthodox Church architecture, Saint John Maximovitch, and the Russian Orthodox emigre history.  I bought it for $29 by contacting the Holy Virgin Cathedral Bookstore in San Francisco.

"Anything that is worth accomplishing cannot be accomplished in a lifetime." - the Holy Fathers
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: