OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 16, 2014, 07:07:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: That I can do what I know I should when I don't or can't  (Read 641 times) Average Rating: 0
mersch

Faith: converting to orthodoxy, seems to be on hold

« on: July 21, 2009, 03:36:40 PM »

That I can do what I know I should, when I don't due to ?(laziness? time? or just plain old excuses?).  That my children would come to know whats right and not. (My oldest has a GF, started living together-she's not divorced yet, they both have children, my grandson is just 5, and my son had started going to the baptist church, and now is going to the Mormon church with his GF, and taking my grandson,  my daughter just divorced, neither one is taking my other 2 grandchildren to any church, never has, and my youngest who is 21 tells me he thinks he's Buddhist.  They were all baptized Lutheran, and then we switched to non-denom, all all 3 were very active in the churches we attended by their own choice).  That I can find  2nd part time job that lets me deal with my Mom, and grandkids, AND let me attend church. Getting to services has been a problem for me already, dang it, its easier to attend RC masses on the weekend than DL because of the time issues.  Some times it's not an option. Do I go to mass when I know I won't be going to DL? Would God rather have me go to mass than not even go at all? ( No, I do not go to communion at the RC mass, and can't at DL at this point in time either- and that's getting to me!!!).  Most of my free time is before 8 am or late in the evening after work- I work 12 hour shifts, either 7a-7p, or 8a-8p. Days off usually have my grandson from 730 a till 7 or 8 at night. Then I think I'm being to self-centered when there is so many people who go through so much more than I do, and am thankful, for my problems seem so minor then. In the Name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, show me what to do,.
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 03:51:13 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 03:55:27 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Love never fails.
simplygermain
beer-bellied tellitubby
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA - Northwest, Baby!

Zechariah 11:7

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 04:08:23 PM »

Lord have Mercy! +++

I believe, help Thou my unbelief!! - St. John of Krondstadt

http://Http://hairshirtagenda.blogspot.com

Witega: "Bishops and Metropolitans and even Patriarchs have been removed under decidedly questionable circumstances before but the Church moves on."
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 04:14:59 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
SolEX01
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 05:20:26 PM »

Lord have Mercy.
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 06:02:20 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
mersch

Faith: converting to orthodoxy, seems to be on hold

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 03:27:17 PM »

Thank You for your prayers. Just a quick update.  I was offered another 2nd part time job, working Fridays, 2 or 3 Mondays a month, and an occasional sat. So along with my 12 hours on tu/we/th and every 3rd Monday, it should be good!!! ( and no sundays, unless I "want to!!").  But much better than my other part time job I was working 12 hours on Sundays!!(and no reduction in hourly pay!)  Yippie. Thank You God
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 03:28:20 PM by mersch » Logged
HandmaidenofGod
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA (Ecumenical Patriarch)

O Holy St. Demetrius pray to God for us!

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 03:36:26 PM »

Glory to God for your new job!

May the Lord have mercy on  you and guide you and your family through your aforementioned difficulties.

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
Michał Kalina
Stratopedarches

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2009, 10:24:14 AM »

Glory to God!

no longer posting here
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: