OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 04:58:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For my mother... Serious problems with IRS & other problems...  (Read 1934 times) Average Rating: 0
88Devin12
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« on: July 16, 2009, 05:09:20 PM »

Over a year ago, someone stole my mother's identity and began taking money from her bank account and spending it all over the world. She attempted to have it dealt with, and eventually had to leave the bank it occurred in. She has gotten some of the money back and has been able to improve some of her credit again, but it's still severely shot.
This all occurred when we were trying to figure out how to pay for some of my college education.

A year and a half later, she's had to close an account in another bank and her and my dad are almost going to complete cash with some in a bank account. The latest problem arose just this week.
My car broke down at the beginning of the summer and it sat in the shop until last week when we got the part for it and got it fixed. Now it's back in the shop b/c they didn't check the timing and didn't fill up the transmission fluid. It won't last for much longer and I need a new car. Not only that, but we are also thinking about paying for college, as my awards this year amounted to less than previous years, and we have to pay more.

The severe problem is this...
I just got a text from my mom telling me that the IRS was trying to take money from her account (assuming this is related to her trying to deal w/ the identify theft)... She stopped them from doing so, and now they are trying to take 99% of her paycheck from her.

It's pretty clear to me that this isn't a coincidence and Satan is attempting to break us down. Why else would this be happening at the exact time that we have to buy a new car (well, a $3,000-$4,000 used car) & attempt to finance it or get a loan for it.

She really needs prayers right now, as she has a lot of stress from her job and having to deal with her mother (who has mental issues & is emotionally abusive), she doesn't need this added onto it.

Lord Have Mercy!
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 05:18:22 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 05:20:44 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 05:25:20 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Etsi

Jurisdiction: Greek

Always reflecting and reforming.

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 05:31:14 PM »

Lord have mercy.
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 07:55:12 PM »

Lord Have Mercy! Amen

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
88Devin12
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 07:59:19 PM »

Update: Turns out I will probably need a student loan for the car instead of getting it financed by my parents... It apparently it may only be one paycheck they deduct or could be more. If they keep it up, my mom may have to get a lawyer involved.
The whole issue arose apparently when two departments of the IRS didn't communicate about the issue...
Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 08:58:56 PM »

Lord, have mercy on Devin's mom and on her, and on all involved! Help resolve this situation...

Love never fails.
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 09:06:44 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Myrrh23
OC.net guru

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 09:30:22 PM »

Lord, be with her and your family!

*I am no longer posting on OC.net*

We all have a Black Dog and a White Dog inside of us. The One you feed the most eventually eats the Other.

All are tempted, but it is the courageous person who clings to God during the storm. For the Ego is a prison, but Christ is the Liberator
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2009, 09:32:28 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
88Devin12
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2009, 10:12:39 PM »

Thanks again!

Turns out (i think) they are accusing us of not paying certain taxes and receiving money we never received. They tried to take some of it out of mom's account, couldn't and I guess decided to take out the accused taxes from my mom's paycheck amounting to a total of about 99% of her paycheck...
Whats worse, is she is the one that makes most of the money for us, as my father is a minister (non-Orthodox) and doesn't make a lot. She's had to support them, me, and my brother (including helping with his bills and sometimes his debt) who is living with us while he's recovering from his divorce...

Thank you once again for your prayers! She hasn't seemed too depressed lately but I know it's still bugging her. She visits her psychologist tomorrow so hopefully that will help.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2009, 12:38:26 AM »

Lord have Mercy.
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2009, 12:51:33 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2009, 12:53:02 AM »

Lord have mercy!

Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2009, 11:30:26 AM »

Lord, have mercy.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2009, 12:57:10 PM »

Lord have mercy!

Thanks again!

Turns out (i think) they are accusing us of not paying certain taxes and receiving money we never received. They tried to take some of it out of mom's account, couldn't and I guess decided to take out the accused taxes from my mom's paycheck amounting to a total of about 99% of her paycheck...
Whats worse, is she is the one that makes most of the money for us, as my father is a minister (non-Orthodox) and doesn't make a lot. She's had to support them, me, and my brother (including helping with his bills and sometimes his debt) who is living with us while he's recovering from his divorce...

Thank you once again for your prayers! She hasn't seemed too depressed lately but I know it's still bugging her. She visits her psychologist tomorrow so hopefully that will help.

I thought that there was a cap on how much they can take out of a paycheck (I think it was 25%).
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 12:59:07 PM by ialmisry » Logged

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
BalmungSama

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2012, 07:44:52 AM »

Lord, have mercy! I wish you the best. Hopefully this will be resolved. Stay strong in Christ.

-John Eusebio.
marigold
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012, 08:12:51 AM »

Lord, have mercy on Your handmaiden and on all her family.
Anastasia1
My warrior name is Beyoncé Pad Thai
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Occasionally traveling, Armenian.

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2012, 03:39:35 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox, Anabaptist, Other Early Christianity kind of jumbled together

A pulling horse cannot kick.

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2012, 11:41:08 PM »

Lord have mercy! 

I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: