Author Topic: Old vs. New Calendar?  (Read 834311 times)

Offline Pravoslavac

• High Elder
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox Church
Re: Old vs. New Calendar?
« Reply #2610 on: December 27, 2014, 03:29:07 PM »
I'm happy that the real-life Serbs I know would like to drink šljivovica with me and joke around rather than yammer on about my St. Tikhon's Monastery 2015 wall calendar (New Style).

We're too full of Christmas cheer right now to bother arguing much. ;D

It is not Christmas yet.  :-*
"Bullets comrades! Not candies! Bullets will save us from the US imperialists!" - Comrade Kim Jong Il

Online Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • You don't need global warming to drown in books.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #2611 on: December 27, 2014, 03:31:07 PM »
I'm happy that the real-life Serbs I know would like to drink šljivovica with me and joke around rather than yammer on about my St. Tikhon's Monastery 2015 wall calendar (New Style).

Feel free to wait. All this bellyaching about calendars, though, is doing your fasting no favours.
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Candle-lighting Cross Kisser
« Reply #2612 on: December 27, 2014, 03:31:51 PM »

In real life i don't bother People with calendar, but i also don't drink.

So 0-2.  Best out of three, maybe?
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
« Reply #2613 on: December 27, 2014, 03:32:25 PM »

When's Christmas?
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Offline Pravoslavac

• High Elder
« Reply #2614 on: December 27, 2014, 03:32:56 PM »

It is not Christmas yet.  :-*

Feel free to wait. All this bellyaching about calendars, though, is doing your fasting no favours.

Oh, but i don't fast. I said to my self, if they can change the calendar just like that, add organs or hug with the pope and not follow canons, then i said to my self, i will simply remove fasting from my own new calendar.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 03:34:31 PM by Pravoslavac »
"Bullets comrades! Not candies! Bullets will save us from the US imperialists!" - Comrade Kim Jong Il

Offline Pravoslavac

• High Elder
« Reply #2615 on: December 27, 2014, 03:34:03 PM »

When's Christmas?

25th December.

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
« Reply #2616 on: December 27, 2014, 03:35:58 PM »

When's Christmas?

25th December.

Yep.  Two days ago.

Offline Pravoslavac

• High Elder
« Reply #2617 on: December 27, 2014, 03:36:28 PM »

When's Christmas?

25th December.

Yep.  Two days ago.

25th December Julian Calendar.

Online Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #2618 on: December 27, 2014, 03:38:20 PM »

Oh, but i don't fast. I said to my self, if they can change the calendar just like that, add organs or hug with the pope and not follow canons, then i said to my self, i will simply remove fasting from my own new calendar.

How convenient.
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Offline TheMathematician

• Archon
  • Formerly known as Montalo
  • Jurisdiction: ACROD
« Reply #2619 on: December 27, 2014, 03:38:35 PM »
The stupidest thing about this whole argument?

The new calendar is the exact same as the old, with all the feasts being celebrated on their respective dates, such as the Nativity being celebrated 25 DEC on both calendars.

And if Pascha was celebrated using the 21 MAR on thier respective calendars, the date would be in general the same

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #2620 on: December 27, 2014, 03:40:29 PM »
The Serbian Church is a Church of martyrs.  They have given much for Christ.  

The issue here is more with the superiority of declaring all the other participants here 'not good enough', while the Serbian Church is Orthodox.

The main issue is that Pravoslavac is not a member of the Serbian True Orthodox Church.  Since he is not, then he is not really Orthodox.

Serbian True Orthodox Church doesn't even have 1000 believers. They have one camp deep in the woods, no one really knows for them. They are schismatics. Heresy is to be fought inside the Church, heresy cannot be fought by schism.
So if your church were to follow your advice and break communion with the followers of the New Calendar, wouldn't that make your church schismatic? What, then, of your opinion that heresy cannot be fought by schism?

New calendar guys cant possibly think they are Orthodox, i thought you knew?
Funny. On the one hand, you say that heresy cannot be fought by schism, yet on the other you advocate schism. How inconsistent is that?

Simply, new calendar churches are not Orthodox, so the schisms in non-Orthodox Churches don't concern me.
You are the one advocating schism.

That stupid new calendar advocates schism, not me.
A calendar can do nothing but hang on the wall or sit on a desk. You, OTOH, by calling New Calendarists heretics advocate schism and/or praying with heretics, both of which are violations of the canons.

Why did you take that new calendar if it doesn't matter? You knew it will create schism and problems to the church. Canons? Really? Who cares about canons anymore, you sound like it is 700s AC. lol We apply like maybe 30% of canons, others don't matter because we are too nice or weak to follow.
Unlike you, I am consistent. My grandparents were still in diapers when the calendar was made such a controversy, so I'm somewhat removed from all the fuss. It was only after I joined the Church that I learned that some outside our communion make the calendar to be so great an issue that they're willing to break into schism over it. You, however, think the canons so sacrosanct on the one hand that those who follow the New Calendar are not Orthodox, yet on the other hand you cry that the canons are now meaningless. So which direction are you going to go with this?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 03:42:39 PM by PeterTheAleut »
Not all who wander are lost.

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
« Reply #2621 on: December 27, 2014, 03:40:44 PM »
The stupidest thing about this whole argument?

The new calendar is the exact same as the old, with all the feasts being celebrated on their respective dates, such as the Nativity being celebrated 25 DEC on both calendars.

And if Pascha was celebrated using the 21 MAR on thier respective calendars, the date would be in general the same

Exactly.

Offline Pravoslavac

• High Elder
« Reply #2622 on: December 27, 2014, 03:42:15 PM »

How convenient.

Very convenient. Also, i took and dressed my bath robe to look like Patriarch, then i built little wooden statue of Aries, and i started hugging it, in the name of ecumenist love. I mean, if patriarch Bartholomew can hug pope, i said to my self, it is very trendy and cool to hug un-Orthodox leaders.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 03:43:01 PM by Pravoslavac »

Offline PeterTheAleut

• Hypatos
« Reply #2623 on: December 27, 2014, 03:43:30 PM »

How convenient.

Very convenient. Also, i took and dressed my bath robe to look like Patriarch, then i built little wooden statue of Aries, and i started hugging it, in the name of ecumenist love. I mean, if patriarch Bartholomew can hug pope, i said to my self, it is very trendy and cool to hug un-Orthodox leaders.
I'd hug you, too, but you might give me the cooties.

Offline Pravoslavac

• High Elder
« Reply #2624 on: December 27, 2014, 03:44:03 PM »

The issue here is more with the superiority of declaring all the other participants here 'not good enough', while the Serbian Church is Orthodox.

The main issue is that Pravoslavac is not a member of the Serbian True Orthodox Church.  Since he is not, then he is not really Orthodox.

Serbian True Orthodox Church doesn't even have 1000 believers. They have one camp deep in the woods, no one really knows for them. They are schismatics. Heresy is to be fought inside the Church, heresy cannot be fought by schism.
So if your church were to follow your advice and break communion with the followers of the New Calendar, wouldn't that make your church schismatic? What, then, of your opinion that heresy cannot be fought by schism?

Funny. On the one hand, you say that heresy cannot be fought by schism, yet on the other you advocate schism. How inconsistent is that?

Simply, new calendar churches are not Orthodox, so the schisms in non-Orthodox Churches don't concern me.

A calendar can do nothing but hang on the wall or sit on a desk. You, OTOH, by calling New Calendarists heretics advocate schism and/or praying with heretics, both of which are violations of the canons.

Why did you take that new calendar if it doesn't matter? You knew it will create schism and problems to the church. Canons? Really? Who cares about canons anymore, you sound like it is 700s AC. lol We apply like maybe 30% of canons, others don't matter because we are too nice or weak to follow.
Unlike you, I am consistent. My grandparents were still in diapers when the calendar was made such a controversy, so I'm somewhat removed from all the fuss. It was only after I joined the Church that I learned that some outside our communion make the calendar to be so great an issue that they're willing to break into schism over it. You, however, think the canons so sacrosanct on the one hand that those who follow the New Calendar are not Orthodox, yet on the other hand you cry that the canons are now meaningless. So which direction are you going to go with this?

Yes, that's what i said, you guys in new calendar Churches are lost cases, we who still have holy calendar, we can still try protecting it.

Online Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #2625 on: December 27, 2014, 03:44:33 PM »

How convenient.

I'd hug you, too, but you might give me the cooties.

I wouldn't. I'm not that kind of girl.

Offline Pravoslavac

• High Elder
« Reply #2626 on: December 27, 2014, 03:46:16 PM »
Wait, you guys are actually girls? Freaks, since when women do theology? That's only for ugly guys who cant get girls.  :angel:

Offline PeterTheAleut

• Hypatos
« Reply #2627 on: December 27, 2014, 03:46:36 PM »

Yes, that's what i said, you guys in new calendar Churches are lost cases, we who still have holy calendar, we can still try protecting it.
And yet you advocate remaining in communion with us lost case New Calendar heretics.

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
  • This place holds to nothing....
  • Faith: Does it matter?
  • Jurisdiction: Unverifiable, so irrelevant
« Reply #2628 on: December 27, 2014, 03:46:52 PM »
Wait, you guys are actually girls? Freaks, since when women do theology? That's only for ugly guys who cant get girls.  :angel:

This just gets better and better.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 03:47:16 PM by DeniseDenise »
All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

Offline PeterTheAleut

• Hypatos
« Reply #2629 on: December 27, 2014, 03:47:35 PM »
Arachne is a girl--or maybe I should say lady. I, however, am one of those ugly guys who can't get a girl. :laugh:

Online Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #2630 on: December 27, 2014, 03:49:04 PM »

There are no women in your church? That explains a few things.

Offline Pravoslavac

• High Elder
« Reply #2631 on: December 27, 2014, 03:50:20 PM »
Arachne is a girl--or maybe I should say lady. I, however, am one of those ugly guys who can't get a girl. :laugh:

The only women in the Serbian Church are grandmas who grew tired of casting black magic at their neighbors, so they go to Liturgy to repent their witchcraft.

Online Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #2632 on: December 27, 2014, 03:52:23 PM »

The only women in the Serbian Church are grandmas who grew tired of casting black magic at their neighbors, so they go to Liturgy to repent their witchcraft.

All the younger ones have left for the new calendarists, eh?

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
« Reply #2633 on: December 27, 2014, 03:53:01 PM »
Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace,
according to thy word:
for mine eyes have seen thy calendar,
which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;
a light to lighten the non-Orthodox,
and the glory of thy people Serbia.

Offline Pravoslavac

• High Elder
« Reply #2634 on: December 27, 2014, 03:53:38 PM »

No, the younger ones are gold digger prostitutes and they left for the rich guys. That's how we role in Eastern Europe.

Offline PeterTheAleut

• Hypatos
« Reply #2635 on: December 27, 2014, 03:54:49 PM »

No, the younger ones are gold digger prostitutes and they left for the rich guys. That's how we role in Eastern Europe.
Actually, the Serbian girls all marry Ukrainians.

Offline Pravoslavac

• High Elder
« Reply #2636 on: December 27, 2014, 04:58:26 PM »

Actually, the Serbian girls all marry Ukrainians.

Poor Ukrainians, Serbian women are the worst. I will buy Albanian woman for marriage, i need to spare 4000-5000 euros, you go then to Montenegrin mountains bordering Albania, you give money to their Albanian family clan leader and they send you wife. She is happy for leaving her village where they have no electricity, i am happy, everyone is happy.  :laugh: People really do that here.

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #2637 on: December 27, 2014, 08:08:43 PM »
Patriarch Bartholomew should be removed from his high office, for praying with heretics and even daring to serve Divine Liturgy in presence of pope and pray with him, cannons and dogma are clear on dealings with heretics, since apostolic rules. Are we smarter than Apostles and Church fathers? We are blur shadow of them. Also patriarch of Antioch held hands with pope and prayed together at Vatican, he should be also removed. We have a lot of removing to do.  ;D If we are going to hug heretics, pray together with them and serve Liturgies, then Orthodox Church has no meaning. We should decide, remain firm in Orthodoxy, or submit to pope and Latin heresies and just shut up.

We love you and we love the Serbian Orthodox Church!  :-*

Who said Serbian Church is perfect? Patriarch Irineus should be also removed, he likes to light candles with rabbi in the synagoge as well, not just to pray with monophisits. Who wants to pray with monophisits? Who even cares about those guys, they are like for 1500 years in schism. Thank you for the photos, i was looking for them.

Just so that this does not get lost, I will make a post here to remind people of the rules:

* EO/OO/RC Pejoratives -- Please do not use the following terms in your discussions as they are considered to be pejorative by other members of this forum: Uniate: Use Eastern Catholic (or their appropriate official title).  Monophysite: Please use Oriental Orthodox or Non-Chalcedonian.  Obviously, if you are discussing these terms in their true and historical sense then there is no problem using the term. What is being rejected is using this as a label to counter other members of the forum. As always, this does not imply that the board takes a position itself on these positions; this is merely a request to use civilized terminology & academic discussion standards in dialog on this forum.

In other words, while this is the Free-For-All forum, pejorative terms like "Uniate" and "Monophysite" is not allowed anywhere in the public forum, unless you are not using the terms in a pejorative manner, but rather in an objective manner.  For instance, if you are discussing a historical document of scholarly significance in a discussion without intention of insulting the group with such a pejorative, then by all means, as I am judging the context, that is okay.  But in this instance, Pravoslavac, you have broken the rules.  Therefore, I'm only giving you a friendly warning.  Do not challenge this green text publicly.  If you wish to ask to inquire about this message, do so only by sending me a PM.  Otherwise, I will issue a warning to you.  That goes for anyone else here.

God bless.

Mina
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline Pravoslavac

• High Elder
« Reply #2638 on: December 27, 2014, 08:20:40 PM »
Patriarch Bartholomew should be removed from his high office, for praying with heretics and even daring to serve Divine Liturgy in presence of pope and pray with him, cannons and dogma are clear on dealings with heretics, since apostolic rules. Are we smarter than Apostles and Church fathers? We are blur shadow of them. Also patriarch of Antioch held hands with pope and prayed together at Vatican, he should be also removed. We have a lot of removing to do.  ;D If we are going to hug heretics, pray together with them and serve Liturgies, then Orthodox Church has no meaning. We should decide, remain firm in Orthodoxy, or submit to pope and Latin heresies and just shut up.

Who said Serbian Church is perfect? Patriarch Irineus should be also removed, he likes to light candles with rabbi in the synagoge as well, not just to pray with monophisits. Who wants to pray with monophisits? Who even cares about those guys, they are like for 1500 years in schism. Thank you for the photos, i was looking for them.

Just so that this does not get lost, I will make a post here to remind people of the rules:

* EO/OO/RC Pejoratives -- Please do not use the following terms in your discussions as they are considered to be pejorative by other members of this forum: Uniate: Use Eastern Catholic (or their appropriate official title).  Monophysite: Please use Oriental Orthodox or Non-Chalcedonian.  Obviously, if you are discussing these terms in their true and historical sense then there is no problem using the term. What is being rejected is using this as a label to counter other members of the forum. As always, this does not imply that the board takes a position itself on these positions; this is merely a request to use civilized terminology & academic discussion standards in dialog on this forum.

In other words, while this is the Free-For-All forum, pejorative terms like "Uniate" and "Monophysite" is not allowed anywhere in the public forum, unless you are not using the terms in a pejorative manner, but rather in an objective manner.  For instance, if you are discussing a historical document of scholarly significance in a discussion without intention of insulting the group with such a pejorative, then by all means, as I am judging the context, that is okay.  But in this instance, Pravoslavac, you have broken the rules.  Therefore, I'm only giving you a friendly warning.  Do not challenge this green text publicly.  If you wish to ask to inquire about this message, do so only by sending me a PM.  Otherwise, I will issue a warning to you.  That goes for anyone else here.

God bless.

Mina

You are oriental Orthodox, and you are moderator, other moderator i saw is Eastern Orthodox. Guys... do you realize these 2 Churches are completely different? Just because we both have Orthodox in our Church name, and we both grow beards, that doesn't make us same. Is this Eastern Orthodox or Oriental Orthodox forum? You named forum "Orthodox Christianity" But, you do realize our two Churches argue which one of us is Orthodox? So this is confusing.

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
  • This place holds to nothing....
  • Faith: Does it matter?
  • Jurisdiction: Unverifiable, so irrelevant
« Reply #2639 on: December 27, 2014, 08:24:05 PM »
in the words of our Jewish friends

oy vey!

can I recommend a reading of the rules?

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php?action=rules

The first few paragraphs should help.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 08:25:12 PM by DeniseDenise »
All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #2640 on: December 27, 2014, 08:27:58 PM »

God bless.

Mina

You are oriental Orthodox, and you are moderator, other moderator i saw is Eastern Orthodox. Guys... do you realize these 2 Churches are completely different? Just because we both have Orthodox in our Church name, and we both grow beards, that doesn't make us same. Is this Eastern Orthodox or Oriental Orthodox forum? You named forum "Orthodox Christianity" But, you do realize our two Churches argue which one of us is Orthodox? So this is confusing.
Pravoslavac,

Are you confused in what you read?  I said very clearly:
Do not challenge this green text publicly.  If you wish to ask to inquire about this message, do so only by sending me a PM.  Otherwise, I will issue a warning to you.  That goes for anyone else here.  I'm giving you another chance here as you are relatively new.  If you want to challenge this, do so only through a private message, not publicly here on the forum.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 08:28:15 PM by minasoliman »
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline Pravoslavac

• High Elder
« Reply #2641 on: December 27, 2014, 08:44:16 PM »
in the words of our Jewish friends

oy vey!

can I recommend a reading of the rules?

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php?action=rules

The first few paragraphs should help.

Segment from the rules.

Forum Purpose & Place of the Non-Orthodox

To be clear, this site exists as an Orthodox Forum where people who identify themselves as Orthodox are given a place to discuss things pertinent to the Orthodox Faith.  In practical terms, this means that there is a broad approach to allowing people from the Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, and the EO or OO Traditionalists to post on topics relating to Orthodoxy.  It should be emphasized that it is the policy of this site that no one is required to affirm that any of the other groups are canonical or Orthodox, but rather the purpose of the broad approach is to allow broad discussion on topics that in academic discourse are labeled "Orthodox studies."

So if all are Orthodox  who is non-Orthodox then? Protestants? I think it is very discriminating that we Eastern Orthodox and Oriental Orthodox and those Traditionalists don't let Protestants or Roman-Catholics be Orthodox.

Offline Adela

• OC.net guru
« Reply #2642 on: December 27, 2014, 08:51:04 PM »

Offline minasoliman

• Stratopedarches
« Reply #2643 on: December 27, 2014, 08:51:36 PM »
In case you didn't realize, the same goes for forum policies.  If you like to challenge them or ask questions about them, also do so privately.  In my section, I made it clear in other places that I will not allow challenges to the forum policies, since it invites a lot of mayhem.

I am also issuing a directive to get back on topic.  Enough with the challenges!

Offline TheMathematician

• Archon
« Reply #2644 on: December 27, 2014, 08:54:54 PM »
In the spirit of the above, I believe that it is important for us to celebrate feats as we always have, on the calendar of the church. So when it says Christmas is 25 December, that is when we should celebrate it, and Pascha should be the Sunday following the first full(or is it new?) moon following 21 MAR.

That said, while those dates should not be changed, the Church shouldn't bother herself with what day it is, but rather, have and celebrate the feats appointed to that day

Offline Pravoslavac

• High Elder
« Reply #2645 on: December 27, 2014, 08:57:41 PM »
Sorry, i just thought its not cool we don't let Protestants be Orthodox, Orthodox - True Teaching, they believe their teaching is true. Some of my best friends are Protestants. But that would be just too confusing for the outsiders, you are right, i agree with the green words and the rules, i don't challenge it anymore, to make it clear. Back to topic.

New calendar, bad. Old calendar, good. Why? Because it is old, and everything that is old is good in Orthodoxy.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 08:57:59 PM by Pravoslavac »

Offline Pravoslavac

• High Elder
« Reply #2646 on: December 27, 2014, 08:59:32 PM »
In the spirit of the above, I believe that it is important for us to celebrate feats as we always have, on the calendar of the church. So when it says Christmas is 25 December, that is when we should celebrate it, and Pascha should be the Sunday following the first full(or is it new?) moon following 21 MAR.

That said, while those dates should not be changed, the Church shouldn't bother herself with what day it is, but rather, have and celebrate the feats appointed to that day

Both new calendar and old calendar Churches must celebrate Easter at the same time, that is the only Ecumenical Council canon we still obey i think.

Offline TheMathematician

• Archon
« Reply #2647 on: December 27, 2014, 09:01:19 PM »

Both new calendar and old calendar Churches must celebrate Easter at the same time, that is the only Ecumenical Council canon we still obey i think.

Tell that to the Church of Finland, who celebrates according to the Gregorian calendar.

ANd as it stands now, Pascha is celebrated on a different date in the Revised Julian and the Julian Calendars

Offline Pravoslavac

• High Elder
« Reply #2648 on: December 27, 2014, 09:05:21 PM »

Tell that to the Church of Finland, who celebrates according to the Gregorian calendar.

ANd as it stands now, Pascha is celebrated on a different date in the Revised Julian and the Julian Calendars

Oh look, i was wrong, we are not able to follow not even that one simple canon. I guess we need pope to bring some order in to our schismatic chaos. I think i will convert.

Online Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
« Reply #2649 on: December 27, 2014, 10:40:05 PM »

Could you give us a reference for this canon from an Ecumenical Council?

Offline PeterTheAleut

• Hypatos
« Reply #2650 on: December 28, 2014, 01:20:45 AM »
Sorry, i just thought its not cool we don't let Protestants be Orthodox, Orthodox - True Teaching, they believe their teaching is true. Some of my best friends are Protestants. But that would be just too confusing for the outsiders, you are right, i agree with the green words and the rules, i don't challenge it anymore, to make it clear. Back to topic.

New calendar, bad. Old calendar, good. Why? Because it is old, and everything that is old is good in Orthodoxy.
IOW, Orthodoxy = "But we've never done it that way before, Father."

Offline Pravoslavac

• High Elder
« Reply #2651 on: December 28, 2014, 06:07:54 AM »

First Ecumenical Council, don't remember which exactly canon is it. They also condemned those who celebrate Pasha at the same time with Jews.

Online Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
« Reply #2652 on: December 28, 2014, 10:02:18 AM »

First Ecumenical Council, don't remember which exactly canon is it. They also condemned those who celebrate Pasha at the same time with Jews.

You'll have to give a more specific reference I'm afraid, for you see, I doubt that it exists  8)

Online Mor Ephrem

• Take comfort in the warmth of the Jacuzzi of Oriental Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Pope Pius XIII, play for us!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #2653 on: December 28, 2014, 03:39:25 PM »

I don't know what you look like, Peter, but I am a theologian and I am sexy. 
The whole forum is Mor. We're emanations of his godlike mind.

Actually, Mor's face shineth like the Sun.

Offline TheMathematician

• Archon
« Reply #2654 on: December 28, 2014, 03:59:23 PM »

I don't know what you look like, Peter, but I am a theologian and I am sexy. 

Because,
 :D :D :P :)