Author Topic: Old vs. New Calendar?  (Read 831484 times)

Offline Agabus

• The user formerly known as Agabus.
  • Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
Re: Old vs. New Calendar?
« Reply #2565 on: December 25, 2014, 10:44:22 PM »
You guys from America cant really understand tradition after all.
I can't help it no one taught me how to ward off witches.
Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Candle-lighting Cross Kisser
« Reply #2566 on: December 26, 2014, 01:06:32 AM »
I can't help it no one taught me how to ward off witches.

You too?  :(
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Take comfort in the warmth of the Jacuzzi of Oriental Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Pope Pius XIII, play for us!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #2567 on: December 26, 2014, 07:07:29 PM »
Patriarch Bartholomew should be removed from his high office, for praying with heretics and even daring to serve Divine Liturgy in presence of pope and pray with him, cannons and dogma are clear on dealings with heretics, since apostolic rules. Are we smarter than Apostles and Church fathers? We are blur shadow of them. Also patriarch of Antioch held hands with pope and prayed together at Vatican, he should be also removed. We have a lot of removing to do.  ;D If we are going to hug heretics, pray together with them and serve Liturgies, then Orthodox Church has no meaning. We should decide, remain firm in Orthodoxy, or submit to pope and Latin heresies and just shut up.

We love you and we love the Serbian Orthodox Church!  :-*
The whole forum is Mor. We're emanations of his godlike mind.

Actually, Mor's face shineth like the Sun.

Offline Pravoslavac

• High Elder
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox Church
« Reply #2568 on: December 26, 2014, 07:38:12 PM »
Patriarch Bartholomew should be removed from his high office, for praying with heretics and even daring to serve Divine Liturgy in presence of pope and pray with him, cannons and dogma are clear on dealings with heretics, since apostolic rules. Are we smarter than Apostles and Church fathers? We are blur shadow of them. Also patriarch of Antioch held hands with pope and prayed together at Vatican, he should be also removed. We have a lot of removing to do.  ;D If we are going to hug heretics, pray together with them and serve Liturgies, then Orthodox Church has no meaning. We should decide, remain firm in Orthodoxy, or submit to pope and Latin heresies and just shut up.

We love you and we love the Serbian Orthodox Church!  :-*

Who said Serbian Church is perfect? Patriarch Irineus should be also removed, he likes to light candles with rabbi in the synagoge as well, not just to pray with monophisits. Who wants to pray with monophisits? Who even cares about those guys, they are like for 1500 years in schism. Thank you for the photos, i was looking for them.
"Bullets comrades! Not candies! Bullets will save us from the US imperialists!" - Comrade Kim Jong Il

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #2569 on: December 26, 2014, 07:39:22 PM »
Who said Serbian Church is perfect?

I certainly didn't.  It has never been Christian.

Offline Pravoslavac

• High Elder
« Reply #2570 on: December 26, 2014, 07:41:31 PM »

Sorry, it was what then? And what jurizdiction are you?
"Bullets comrades! Not candies! Bullets will save us from the US imperialists!" - Comrade Kim Jong Il

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
« Reply #2571 on: December 26, 2014, 08:14:26 PM »

Heeheehee!
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Offline Pravoslavac

• High Elder
« Reply #2572 on: December 26, 2014, 08:35:31 PM »

Heeheehee!

Why do you laugh? You think OCA did any better? You cant even form canonical territorial order nor canonical recognition, and only persecution you survived is by few sola scriptura bullies at some seminary debate. You have no saints and martyrs, nor real history. What did you offer to Orthodoxy? Serbian Orthodox Church has more world war 2 martyrs than OCA has believers, many times more. And that is just world war 2.

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
« Reply #2573 on: December 26, 2014, 08:44:42 PM »

Heeheehee!

Why do you laugh? You think OCA did any better? You cant even form canonical territorial order nor canonical recognition, and only persecution you survived is by few sola scriptura bullies at some seminary debate. You have no saints and martyrs, nor real history. What did you offer to Orthodoxy? Serbian Orthodox Church has more world war 2 martyrs than OCA has believers, many times more. And that is just world war 2.

You don't read much do you?

More important than your Serbian peepee measuring contest...what have you done for Christ today?

Offline Pravoslavac

• High Elder
« Reply #2574 on: December 26, 2014, 08:51:00 PM »

Heeheehee!

More important than your Serbian peepee measuring contest...what have you done for Christ today?

It wasn't me who started this contest or started insulting Serbian Church. And if you read more, you would know there is nothing really i could do for Christ.

Offline Salpy

• Toumarches
  • Holy Martyrs of the Armenian Genocide pray for us!
« Reply #2575 on: December 26, 2014, 08:54:57 PM »
The Serbian Church is a Church of martyrs.  They have given much for Christ. 

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
  • This place holds to nothing....
  • Faith: Does it matter?
  • Jurisdiction: Unverifiable, so irrelevant
« Reply #2576 on: December 26, 2014, 08:56:22 PM »
www.youtube.com/embed/jxYxyfE4onc

This is really appropriate here.
All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
« Reply #2577 on: December 26, 2014, 08:58:12 PM »

As are the Armenians.

But given that he doesn't think you are the Church........

The issue here is more with the superiority of declaring all the other participants here 'not good enough', while the Serbian Church is Orthodox.
All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
« Reply #2578 on: December 26, 2014, 08:59:49 PM »

Heeheehee!

It wasn't me who started this contest or started insulting Serbian Church. And if you read more, you would know there is nothing really i could do for Christ.
Yeah, ok.

I'll help you out.  Matthew 5:43-48

Offline Pravoslavac

• High Elder
« Reply #2579 on: December 26, 2014, 09:03:30 PM »
The Serbian Church is a Church of martyrs.  They have given much for Christ.  

As are the Armenians.

The issue here is more with the superiority of declaring all the other participants here 'not good enough', while the Serbian Church is Orthodox.

Some Orthodox Churches are more affected by ecumenism and some are lesser, but all are not doing good job, the Church of Constantinople is doing worst, Serbian Patriarch would like to hang out with pope as well like patriarch Bartholomew, but too bad for him, there are still too many alive witnesses of Roman-Catholic clergy war crimes in world war 2, so he cant. lol
New calendar Churches are doing really bad job at keeping tradition.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 09:05:58 PM by Pravoslavac »

Offline Salpy

• Toumarches
  • Holy Martyrs of the Armenian Genocide pray for us!
« Reply #2580 on: December 26, 2014, 09:04:48 PM »

As are the Armenians.

I'm not defending P-vac.  But it would be nice if his views could be refuted without insulting his Church.  We don't need to stoop to his level.  :)

Offline Pravoslavac

• High Elder
« Reply #2581 on: December 26, 2014, 09:06:55 PM »

As are the Armenians.

I'm not defending P-vac.  But it would be nice if his views could be refuted without insulting his Church.  We don't need to stoop to his level.  :)

Come to the dark side.  :-*

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
« Reply #2582 on: December 26, 2014, 09:07:23 PM »

As are the Armenians.

No...we don't.

But you must admit that it gets wearying to be repeatedly called 'not orthodox' by someone who then says their own Church is -it-.  (both in terms of suffering, martyrs, holiness overall)

We are all sinful humans, and cannot help but feel defensive in light of such comments (which are based in Pride) leveled at everyone.

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
« Reply #2583 on: December 26, 2014, 09:09:34 PM »

The main issue is that Pravoslavac is not a member of the Serbian True Orthodox Church.  Since he is not, then he is not really Orthodox.

Offline Pravoslavac

• High Elder
« Reply #2584 on: December 26, 2014, 09:12:12 PM »

The main issue is that Pravoslavac is not a member of the Serbian True Orthodox Church.  Since he is not, then he is not really Orthodox.

Serbian True Orthodox Church doesn't even have 1000 believers. They have one camp deep in the woods, no one really knows for them. They are schismatics. Heresy is to be fought inside the Church, heresy cannot be fought by schism.

Offline TheMathematician

• Archon
  • Formerly known as Montalo
  • Jurisdiction: ACROD
« Reply #2585 on: December 26, 2014, 09:34:49 PM »

Serbian True Orthodox Church doesn't even have 1000 believers. They have one camp deep in the woods, no one really knows for them. They are schismatics. Heresy is to be fought inside the Church, heresy cannot be fought by schism.

If you remain in communion with a church that is in heresy then you are yourself communing with heretics and are one.

Offline Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)

• Merarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of the South (OCA)
« Reply #2586 on: December 27, 2014, 12:57:19 PM »
Orthodox Churches that follow old calendar should stop sharing full communion with Orthodox Church that are following papal calendar.

Attend! The voice of logic and charity speaks.

You would be surprised how many folks in America emigrated from the Old Country. In my parish alone, we have folks from Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia, Macedonia, and Greece. Just stick around a while longer and you will get to know more of us, allowing you to get some free education not only on true Orthodox theology, ecclesiology, and praxis, but also in effective communication. You sound like a young person, so I also recommend that you stick around long enough for your brain to finish developing and your executive function is fully operational.

Offline xOrthodox4Christx

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Catholic Church
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #2587 on: December 27, 2014, 01:13:18 PM »
Orthodox Churches that follow old calendar should stop sharing full communion with Orthodox Church that are following papal calendar.

You would be surprised how many folks in America emigrated from the Old Country. In my parish alone, we have folks from Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia, Macedonia, and Greece. Just stick around a while longer and you will get to know more of us, allowing you to get some free education not only on true Orthodox theology, ecclesiology, and praxis, but also in effective communication. You sound like a young person, so I also recommend that you stick around long enough for your brain to finish developing and your executive function is fully operational.

I feel you. One OCA priest I met was from Palestine, where it all began...

Pish, he still doesn't know anything about tradition.

Anyway, this 'my Jesus is better than your Jesus' thing is so 1517... ::)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 01:17:41 PM by xOrthodox4Christx »
“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”- St. Ambrose of Milan

"Now one cannot be a half-hearted Christian, but only entirely or not at all." -Fr. Seraphim Rose

"He who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen." (1 John 4:20)

Offline mike

• A sexual pervert with limited English reading comprehension
  • Protostrator
  • Polish Laser Jesus shooting down schismatics
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk
« Reply #2588 on: December 27, 2014, 01:19:41 PM »
Pish, he still doesn't know anything about tradition.

What do you know, as an inquirer?
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who can watch the watchmen?
"No one is paying attention to your post reports"
Why do posters that claim to have me blocked keep sending me pms and responding to my posts? That makes no sense.

Offline Pravoslavac

• High Elder
« Reply #2589 on: December 27, 2014, 02:41:39 PM »

Of course i knew that 90% of Orthodox Christians in USA are all from Eastern Europe. And i believe you will not be able to brainwash me to like pope and new calendar.

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
« Reply #2590 on: December 27, 2014, 02:50:15 PM »

The main issue is that Pravoslavac is not a member of the Serbian True Orthodox Church.  Since he is not, then he is not really Orthodox.

So if your church were to follow your advice and break communion with the followers of the New Calendar, wouldn't that make your church schismatic? What, then, of your opinion that heresy cannot be fought by schism?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 02:51:21 PM by PeterTheAleut »
Not all who wander are lost.

Offline Pravoslavac

• High Elder
« Reply #2591 on: December 27, 2014, 02:59:24 PM »

The main issue is that Pravoslavac is not a member of the Serbian True Orthodox Church.  Since he is not, then he is not really Orthodox.

So if your church were to follow your advice and break communion with the followers of the New Calendar, wouldn't that make your church schismatic? What, then, of your opinion that heresy cannot be fought by schism?

New calendar guys cant possibly think they are Orthodox, i thought you knew?

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #2592 on: December 27, 2014, 03:01:36 PM »

Does your milkshake bring all the (old calendar) boys to the yard? 

Offline Pravoslavac

• High Elder
« Reply #2593 on: December 27, 2014, 03:04:08 PM »

I am not familiar with the meaning of that slang.

Offline PeterTheAleut

• Hypatos
« Reply #2594 on: December 27, 2014, 03:05:03 PM »

Funny. On the one hand, you say that heresy cannot be fought by schism, yet on the other you advocate schism. How inconsistent is that?

Offline Pravoslavac

• High Elder
« Reply #2595 on: December 27, 2014, 03:07:54 PM »

Funny. On the one hand, you say that heresy cannot be fought by schism, yet on the other you advocate schism. How inconsistent is that?

Simply, new calendar churches are not Orthodox, so the schisms in non-Orthodox Churches don't concern me.

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
« Reply #2596 on: December 27, 2014, 03:08:09 PM »

And they're like, it's better than yours [calendar].

Offline TheMathematician

• Archon
« Reply #2597 on: December 27, 2014, 03:10:26 PM »

Simply, new calendar churches are not Orthodox, so the schisms in non-Orthodox Churches don't concern me.

Then why are you in communion with Patriarch +Irinej, who is in communion with the non-Orthodox by being in communion with New Calendar churches, and con-celebrates with them, and as such prays with the non-orthodox
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 03:10:43 PM by TheMathematician »

Offline Pravoslavac

• High Elder
« Reply #2598 on: December 27, 2014, 03:11:33 PM »

And they're like, it's better than yours [calendar].

Oh i see, it is better. New calendar was invented by pope, and then imposed in 1920s by masonic patriarch on certain Patriarchates (Constantinople, Alexandria, Athens).

Offline Pravoslavac

• High Elder
« Reply #2599 on: December 27, 2014, 03:13:42 PM »

Then why are you in communion with Patriarch +Irinej, who is in communion with the non-Orthodox by being in communion with New Calendar churches, and con-celebrates with them, and as such prays with the non-orthodox

That is good question. I guess i can endure indirect heresy. :D

Offline PeterTheAleut

• Hypatos
« Reply #2600 on: December 27, 2014, 03:15:47 PM »

You are the one advocating schism.

Offline Pravoslavac

• High Elder
« Reply #2601 on: December 27, 2014, 03:16:35 PM »

That stupid new calendar advocates schism, not me.

Offline Peacemaker

• No Profile Edits
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #2602 on: December 27, 2014, 03:16:43 PM »
There are stories from elders who have met a demon and asked who the demon was and the demon replied that he was the demon that gets people to fight and argue over the calendars.

Offline Pravoslavac

• High Elder
« Reply #2603 on: December 27, 2014, 03:18:43 PM »
There are stories from elders who have met a demon and asked who the demon was and the demon replied that he was the demon that gets people to fight and argue over the calendars.

There was one Patriarch who somehow reigned three patriarchates and imposed new calendar on the Church, creating schism.

Offline TheMathematician

• Archon
« Reply #2604 on: December 27, 2014, 03:19:27 PM »
You might not call then Orthodox, Pravoslavac, but those on the new Calendar are more Christian than yourself, and I am proud to call be orthodox alongside them, as compared to you, who sullies the name of the Serbian Church, which I wish you were not a part of as I am a member of the Serbian church
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 03:19:57 PM by TheMathematician »

Offline PeterTheAleut

• Hypatos
« Reply #2605 on: December 27, 2014, 03:20:34 PM »

A calendar can do nothing but hang on the wall or sit on a desk. You, OTOH, by calling New Calendarists heretics advocate schism and/or praying with heretics, both of which are violations of the canons.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 03:21:20 PM by PeterTheAleut »

Offline Pravoslavac

• High Elder
« Reply #2606 on: December 27, 2014, 03:25:49 PM »

A calendar can do nothing but hang on the wall or sit on a desk. You, OTOH, by calling New Calendarists heretics advocate schism and/or praying with heretics, both of which are violations of the canons.

Why did you take that new calendar if it doesn't matter? You knew it will create schism and problems to the church. Canons? Really? Who cares about canons anymore, you sound like it is 700s AC. lol We apply like maybe 30% of canons, others don't matter because we are too nice or weak to follow.

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
« Reply #2607 on: December 27, 2014, 03:26:39 PM »
I'm happy that the real-life Serbs I know would like to drink šljivovica with me and joke around rather than yammer on about my St. Tikhon's Monastery 2015 wall calendar (New Style).

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • You don't need global warming to drown in books.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #2608 on: December 27, 2014, 03:28:27 PM »
I'm happy that the real-life Serbs I know would like to drink šljivovica with me and joke around rather than yammer on about my St. Tikhon's Monastery 2015 wall calendar (New Style).

We're too full of Christmas cheer right now to bother arguing much. ;D
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline Pravoslavac

• High Elder
« Reply #2609 on: December 27, 2014, 03:28:31 PM »

In real life i don't bother People with calendar, but i also don't drink.