OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 26, 2014, 02:35:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: St. Theresa of Lisieux Movie?  (Read 1764 times) Average Rating: 0
Innocent
No longer posting on this site
Elder

St. Innocent of Alaska

« on: November 18, 2003, 01:51:36 PM »

Since there seems to be lots of arguing between Orthodox and Catholics I thought this topic would be good. I movie was made about the life of St. Theresa of Lisieux, but is not being shown in movie theaters. This is because Hollywood and theater owners are not sure if people will show up to see it. Do you want to see it? I do and have voiced my opinion on it. If you do want to see it please voice your opinion.

St. Theresa of Lisieux Movie

Show The Movie!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2003, 03:26:17 PM by Innocent » Logged
carpo-rusyn
Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2003, 06:39:13 PM »

Thanks for posting this Innocent.  I made my feelings known too.

Carpo-Rusyn
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

"Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee..."

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2003, 06:41:18 PM »

As have I.

The Mor has spoken. Let his word endure unto the ages of ages.
Innocent
Elder

St. Innocent of Alaska

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2003, 06:51:02 PM »

Thank you. I hope it gets out in theaters. Sure beats the garbage hollywood puts out. At the very least maybe it will be on DVD.
carpo-rusyn
Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2003, 07:21:17 PM »

Innocent

I went to see the new movie "Master and Commander" with Russell Crowe this weekend.  The movie is set in 1805 and usually Hollywood tones down anything relating to traditional Xtianity.  In this movie they didn't Crowe's character actually mentions Jesus and the resurrection in his prayers for the dead.  The last time I saw this blatant reference to traditional Xtianity was in movies made in the 40s or 50s.

It was a good movie by the way well worth the price, couldn't believe Hollywood produced it.

Carpo-Rusyn
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2003, 07:24:20 PM »

I will wager it will go to video or cable tv / HBO before movie houses, lets face it , there's more money in sex & violence.

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Innocent
Elder

St. Innocent of Alaska

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2003, 07:31:38 PM »

carpo-rusyn

I do plan on seeing Master and Commander. It looks pretty good. Hollywood does make the occasional decent movie.  I surprised that a reference to Jesus was not cut out. Nice to here its in there.

Innocent

I went to see the new movie "Master and Commander" with Russell Crowe this weekend.  The movie is set in 1805 and usually Hollywood tones down anything relating to traditional Xtianity.  In this movie they didn't Crowe's character actually mentions Jesus and the resurrection in his prayers for the dead.  The last time I saw this blatant reference to traditional Xtianity was in movies made in the 40s or 50s.

It was a good movie by the way well worth the price, couldn't believe Hollywood produced it.

Carpo-Rusyn

bripat22

Slava Tebie, Boze nas! Slava Tebie

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2003, 10:16:00 AM »

There is also an excellent movie called "Therese" made by French Catholic director Alain Cavalier that came out in the 80's.  I believe one can still find it on video.

Also, there was great devotion on the part of Russian emigres to St Therese in the years following the 1917 Revolution in Paris.  I believe this was a good exposition of the point made by an Orthodox HIerarch that our seperation does not "reach to the Heavens'

For those who like that sort of thing, that is the sort of thing they like!-

Maggie Smith "The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie"
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: