OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 02, 2014, 02:58:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orthoodx prophecies on the future of the Papacy  (Read 770 times) Average Rating: 0
Robb
OC.net guru

Faith: RC
Jurisdiction: Italian Catholic

« on: July 14, 2009, 12:55:56 AM »

Has there ever been any prophecies from Orthodox saints and mystics about whether or not the Papacy will ever return to Orthodoxy?  Have any saints predicted the destruction of Rome, and the Papacy with it?

I remember reading years ago the prophecy of a Russian elder that "From the Pope would spring errors regarding the new world order and false unity of Christians". This was supposedly, if I can remember since it's been a while, long before the Vatican embraced the modern, ecumenical movement.  In fact, when the prediction was made, Rome was anything but ecumenical and supporting of a world government and religious sync-recism.

Now the Pope of Rome (good man that he is) seems to support a world system of government or order.  In his latest encyclical, he says this.  Who would have thought 100 years ago or even 50 that the Pope would support such a thing?

Men may dislike truth, men may find truth offensive and inconvenient, men may persecute the truth, subvert it, try by law to suppress it. But to maintain that men have the final power over truth is blasphemy, and the last delusion. Truth lives forever, men do not.
-- Gustave Flaubert
simplygermain
beer-bellied tellitubby
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA - Northwest, Baby!

Zechariah 11:7

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 01:14:58 AM »

Has there ever been any prophecies from Orthodox saints and mystics about whether or not the Papacy will ever return to Orthodoxy?  Have any saints predicted the destruction of Rome, and the Papacy with it?
Very interesting Post? You've got my attention.

Now the Pope of Rome (good man that he is) seems to support a world system of government or order.  In his latest encyclical, he says this.  Who would have thought 100 years ago or even 50 that the Pope would support such a thing?
Sounds an awful lot like NEW WORLD ORDER - what will the Vatican's future hold for Tything??? .....Please wait while I scan that chip in your forehead?....Thank you. $$$ Tongue
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 01:15:58 AM by simplygermain » Logged

I believe, help Thou my unbelief!! - St. John of Krondstadt

http://Http://hairshirtagenda.blogspot.com

Witega: "Bishops and Metropolitans and even Patriarchs have been removed under decidedly questionable circumstances before but the Church moves on."
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 02:39:57 AM »

Have you read Caritas in Veritate?  He didn't call for some New World Order.  He said that the world is growing closer and closer and now more than ever we are interdependent of each other (look at the world's economy), no matter where we live.  We have a framework of international organisations and unions, but they are greatly in need of reform (he pointed out the UN for one), since amongst their priorities should chiefly be justice, human rights, charity, compassion, and Christian ethics.  Also, he mentioned that certain superpowers (*cough* *cough*) still maintain the ability to circumvent International Law and could in turn violate the most basic of human rights with limited repercussions.  Think of it more like a Synod of Nations (UN-ish, an authority), rather than a World Government.

Anyways, I don't want to drag this into politics more than I have already.

About prophecies about the Papacy, I have not heard of any, but I tend to put zero faith in them anyways.  Otherwise Peter II is around the corner.  laugh

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: