OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 16, 2014, 03:49:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the St. Germanus Liturgy "Canonically" Practiced anywhere?  (Read 1560 times) Average Rating: 0
simplygermain
beer-bellied tellitubby
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA - Northwest, Baby!

Zechariah 11:7

« on: July 13, 2009, 08:05:47 PM »

I asked myself this today, unfortunately I did not answer myself... Cheesy

I believe, help Thou my unbelief!! - St. John of Krondstadt

http://Http://hairshirtagenda.blogspot.com

Witega: "Bishops and Metropolitans and even Patriarchs have been removed under decidedly questionable circumstances before but the Church moves on."
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 08:12:45 PM »

Yup.  After the whole Orthodox Church of France fiasco, various parishes left it and now fall under the jurisdiction of the Romanian Church and Serbian Church.  ROCA views it as an approved Liturgy (due to the efforts of St. John Maximovitch) as well, but I am not sure if it is celebrated anywhere.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 08:12:57 PM by Nebelpfade » Logged

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
simplygermain
beer-bellied tellitubby
High Elder

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 08:14:42 PM »

Where within the Serbian Church? In the States at all?

Witega: "Bishops and Metropolitans and even Patriarchs have been removed under decidedly questionable circumstances before but the Church moves on."
Entscheidungsproblem
Protokentarchos

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 08:17:49 PM »

Canonically, I don't believe it has left France.  Personally I think it would be great to bring to Quebec, but what do I know.   Tongue

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 08:25:22 PM »

Canonically, I don't believe it has left France.  Personally I think it would be great to bring to Quebec, but what do I know.   Tongue

I thought the same thing when I was in Quebec.  But then I thought the same thing was I was in Southern Illinois (where there are several French sites, including the first capital Kaskaskia/Kaskaskie, which remains only the bell given by le Roi Louis, the French mission parish (with its altar a gift again of the king), and the French Lieutenant Governor's house), St. Genevieve, MO, and of course, Louisiana.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
simplygermain
beer-bellied tellitubby
High Elder

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 08:29:39 PM »

Are the (ecof - i might have the abbreviation wrong - sorry) French Church in communion with anyone else? I know they celebrate this liturgy.

Entscheidungsproblem
Protokentarchos

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 08:34:42 PM »

Are the (ecof - i might have the abbreviation wrong - sorry) French Church in communion with anyone else? I know they celebrate this liturgy.

Nope.  They have in the past been under Russia, then ROCA, then Romania and therefore in Communion with the Canonical Churches for periods of time.  But since the early 90s they have been on their own and schisming every once in a while (UACORO and l'EOG).
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 08:39:41 PM by Nebelpfade » Logged

simplygermain
beer-bellied tellitubby
High Elder

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 08:53:22 PM »

A schismatic church is like a broken shard of glass I guess. Everytime there is a stir and a grumble, the shard continues to chip and chip until time erodes it away -

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 07:30:16 AM »

Yup.  After the whole Orthodox Church of France fiasco, various parishes left it and now fall under the jurisdiction of the Romanian Church and Serbian Church.  ROCA views it as an approved Liturgy (due to the efforts of St. John Maximovitch) as well, but I am not sure if it is celebrated anywhere.

Only by Serbians in France. AFAIK Romanians currently do not have any WRO Parishes neither in France, nor somewhere else.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Tags: french  rite  western  germain 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: