OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 25, 2014, 05:09:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An exam coming up  (Read 2216 times) Average Rating: 0
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« on: July 13, 2009, 06:48:13 PM »

Foolishly, I decided to take a condensed, accelerated course this summer.  The workload and pace the course moved at has been absolutely unreal.  Tongue  Thankfully I have been able to maintain a decent mark during the term, but the exam is worth 50% and can easily make or break my mark.  Please keep my classmates and myself in your prays for our final on Saturday.  That we maintain the knowledge we have learned, and our sanity of course (engineering students can get awfully intense).   laugh

Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 06:48:39 PM by Nebelpfade » Logged

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 06:52:44 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Greetings from the coming fellow engineering students (since this October).

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 06:55:44 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
Entscheidungsproblem
Protokentarchos

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 07:35:53 PM »

Greetings from the coming fellow engineering students (since this October).

Great to hear you are entering engineering!  What type?  I'm actually in Computer Science, but a lot of the courses are for both Comp Science and Computer Engineering students.  When they are off taking physics, we are taking more theoretical computer courses.  :p

Thank you both for your prayers.

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 11:45:53 PM »

Prayers ,Lord Have Mercy! ...Amen

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
SolEX01
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 11:52:06 PM »

Lord have Mercy.
stanley123
Protokentarchos

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Roman Catholic

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 11:55:18 PM »

Foolishly, I decided to take a condensed, accelerated course this summer.  The workload and pace the course moved at has been absolutely unreal.  Tongue  Thankfully I have been able to maintain a decent mark during the term, but the exam is worth 50% and can easily make or break my mark.  Please keep my classmates and myself in your prays for our final on Saturday.  That we maintain the knowledge we have learned, and our sanity of course (engineering students can get awfully intense).   laugh

Thanks!
If I were you, I would work out as many problems as I could, focussing especially on those problems which are the most difficult. It helps to be able to check your answers if that is at all possible.
Good luck.
May Lord have mercy on you and on other conscientious and hardworking students.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 07:40:46 AM »

Great to hear you are entering engineering!  What type?  I'm actually in Computer Science, but a lot of the courses are for both Comp Science and Computer Engineering students.  When they are off taking physics, we are taking more theoretical computer courses.  :p

I haven't taken IT because typing codes all the time make me scared. I've chosen something called Mechanics, energetics and aviation where you choose the course after a year of studying that all together. The names of the courses on Warsaw Technological University were so strange (like Mechatronics or Automatics and robotics) so I've chosen the one I understand most Cheesy I'll see how is it like.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 09:31:48 AM »

Heavenly Kind, the Counselor, the Spirit of Truth, You Who are everywhere and Who fills everything, come down and dwell in us, and purify us from all uncleanness, and save our souls, You the Good One. Lord, help your faithful servant Nebelphade to pass his difficult exam!

Love never fails.
Entscheidungsproblem
Protokentarchos

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2009, 06:00:36 AM »

Thank you all for your prayers.  Exam was a long one, but it seemed to go fairly well.  Cheesy

Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 04:18:18 PM »

Thank you all for your prayers.  Exam was a long one, but it seemed to go fairly well.  Cheesy

Glory to God.  I pray this is reflected in your grade!

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Entscheidungsproblem
Protokentarchos

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2009, 04:34:47 AM »

Well, I received a healthy 3.7, so I am pretty happy with how it all turned out.  Class average was low though, 1.7 - 2.0.  Thank you all again!

Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2009, 09:16:10 AM »

Well, I received a healthy 3.7, so I am pretty happy with how it all turned out.  Class average was low though, 1.7 - 2.0.  Thank you all again!

Glory to God! Good news.

Love never fails.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2009, 09:47:21 AM »

Is that good or bad? Wink What is the marks scale?

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Entscheidungsproblem
Protokentarchos

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2009, 02:20:41 PM »

Is that good or bad? Wink What is the marks scale?

We follow the 4.0 GPA scale like most of the US does.

A+    4.0    
A    4.0    
A-    3.7    
B+    3.3    
B    3.0    
B-    2.7    
C+    2.3    
C    2.0    
C-    1.7    
D+    1.3    
D    1.0    
F    0.0

SolEX01
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2009, 07:24:43 PM »

Congratulations.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: