OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 01, 2014, 12:43:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think of other religions?  (Read 7011 times) Average Rating: 0
LBK
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #90 on: July 15, 2009, 07:23:51 PM »

I got the insinuation, Cz vs. Z in RZC - I though it was funny.  But I wanted to appease LBK, so I scribbled my comment. You know, we're getting into a silly conversation. Tongue

Appease me? Hey, I don't bite (at least, not unless I really have to!  laugh). But I completely agree this is truly a silly thread (I wouldn't call it a conversation, given IPC's continued reluctance to come clean about his "jurisdiction".  police
simplygermain
beer-bellied tellitubby
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA - Northwest, Baby!

Zechariah 11:7

« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2009, 07:29:16 PM »

Its kind of like a polititician getting up on the soap box, only to spout his ideas, then getting off any time we ask him what he thinks about "x". He's a true politician, goes everywhere but directly to the point.

I believe, help Thou my unbelief!! - St. John of Krondstadt

http://Http://hairshirtagenda.blogspot.com

Witega: "Bishops and Metropolitans and even Patriarchs have been removed under decidedly questionable circumstances before but the Church moves on."
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #92 on: July 15, 2009, 07:51:02 PM »

given IPC's continued reluctance to come clean about his "jurisdiction".  police

I was talking, by e-mail, with a friend in Irkutsk who makes it his interest to follow dissident religious groups in Russia.  He has not heard of the Russian Zarist Church.

He mentioned that he thinks that Albania has an "Albanian Zogist Church" and he wondered if they were some sort of sister organisations.
Gkterra
Formerly know as findingfaith

Jurisdiction: GOA

ακραία αμαρτωλός

« Reply #93 on: July 15, 2009, 07:59:20 PM »

Its kind of like a polititician getting up on the soap box, only to spout his ideas, then getting off any time we ask him what he thinks about "x". He's a true politician, goes everywhere but directly to the point.

My thought's as well, like most politicians, the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, are three different things, and I'm afraid that IPC truly believes he say's nothing but the truth.

Even satan himself can appear as an Angel of the Lord, and do good works in His name, to distract you from the path of True Righteousness
Eugenio
Elder

Jurisdiction: I love them all

« Reply #94 on: July 15, 2009, 10:36:06 PM »

Here's a reference to a "Tsarist Church" which was a museum exhibit in Russia:

http://visualrian.com/images/item/163356

"Tsarist Church. Holy Relics of the Kremlin's Annunciation Cathedral"

Perhaps people in the Tsarist Church worship the Golden Pigeon?  Grin
Jetavan
Most Humble Servant of Pan-Vespuccian and Holocenic Hominids
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #95 on: August 16, 2009, 09:39:18 AM »

πάντες οἱ θεοὶ τῶν ἐθνῶν δαιμόνια
列邦諸神皆邪魔
(All the gods of nations demons)

Yeah, but what exactly is a "daimon"?

Hesiod relates how the men of the Golden Age were transmuted into daimones by the will of Zeus, to serve as ineffable guardians of mortals, whom they might serve by their benevolence. [4] In similar ways, the daimon of a venerated hero or a founder figure, located in one place by the construction of a shrine rather than left unburied to wander, would confer good fortune and protection on those who stopped to offer respect. Daemones were not considered evil.

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: